It goes without saying that insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Insureds who shop around for a cheaper policy are highly likely to move their business because there is a high probability of finding a lower rate. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who routinely compared quotes saved approximately $865 annually compared to other drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the lowest price for Ford Five Hundred insurance is the reason for your visit, then understanding how to shop and compare insurance premiums can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
If you want to save money, the best way to find discount auto insurance rates is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers that insure vehicles in Honolulu. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as at-fault accidents and an unfavorable credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you find a better price and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get price quotes from every company you can. This provides a fair price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Buy Honolulu Ford Five Hundred insurance online
It’s important to know that comparing more quotes increases the chance that you will find lower pricing.
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Hawaii. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you click on several of them to get the cheapest price.
Get cheaper Ford Five Hundred insurance in Honolulu with discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but companies offer discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Most are applied at the time of quoting, but a few must be specially asked for before they will apply.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy life insurance.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company they may give you a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- ABS Braking Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break when getting a Honolulu auto insurance quote.
- Claim-Free Discount – Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts compared to drivers who are more careless.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car instead of a used Five Hundred can save you some money compared to insuring an older model.
Policy discounts save money, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
Popular auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- State Farm offers discounts for good student, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, multiple autos, good driver, and driver’s education.
- American Family may offer discounts for Steer into Savings, accident-free, early bird, multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, air bags, and good driver.
- AAA discounts include good driver, multi-car, education and occupation, anti-theft, good student, and multi-policy.
- GEICO may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, military active duty, five-year accident-free, good student, and anti-theft.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for multi-car, anti-theft, annual mileage, accident-free, good student, and location of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include business and professional, electronic funds transfer, distant student, bundle discounts, teen driver, homeowner, and switch companies.
- Progressive includes discounts for good student, online signing, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-policy, and homeowner.
Double check with each company or agent which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies in Honolulu.
Informed Consumers Save on Insurance
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the factors that are used to determine your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with lower car insurance prices.
The following are just a few of the factors used by companies to determine your rate level.
- Teen driver insurance prices – Inexperience drivers have a tendency to be inattentive and easily distracted when behind the wheel and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. Adding a young driver onto a policy can break the bank. More experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and usually have better credit.
- File policy claims and pay more – If you file a lot of claims you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance companies in Hawaii give most affordable rates to insureds who do not file claims often. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Pay more for higher performance vehicles – The performance level of the vehicle you need to insure makes a big difference in your premium level. The lowest base rates are for lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but your final cost has many other factors.
- Less chance of injury means lower prices – Vehicles with high crash test scores cost less to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety result in less severe injuries and fewer serious injuries translates directly to fewer claims and lower rates for you. If your Ford Five Hundred has at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Little extras can really add up – Policies have add-on coverages that you can buy but may not be useful. Add-on coverages like replacement cost coverage, death and dismemberment, and additional equipment coverage are some examples. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but if you’ve never needed them in the past remove them and pocket the money.
- Women tend to cost less – Statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. The data does not necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes tend to get into auto accidents at a similar rate, but guys cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also get more serious tickets such as reckless driving. Male teenagers are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore have the most expensive car insurance rates.