Would you prefer to buy lower-priced car insurance rates in Honolulu, HI? Honolulu shoppers have many options when shopping for affordable Hyundai Veracruz insurance. They can either waste time contacting agents to get rate comparisons or utilize the internet to compare rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to find car insurance online and we’ll show you the quickest way to compare rates on a Hyundai and obtain the best price possible.
Most of the larger companies give insurance quotes direct online. Obtaining pricing for Hyundai Veracruz insurance in Honolulu is fairly straightforward because it’s just a matter of typing in your required coverages as detailed in the form. After the form is submitted, their quoting system will obtain your credit score and driving record and returns a price based on these and other factors.
Quoting online for Hyundai Veracruz insurance in Honolulu makes comparing rates easy, and it’s necessary to compare as many rates as possible in order to get the cheapest price.
To compare rates now, compare rates from the companies below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you copy your coverages as shown on your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will have rate comparison quotes for similar coverage.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Honolulu, HI. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Cheaper Honolulu car insurance quotes with discounts
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but you may be missing some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of quoting, but a few must be manually applied before they will apply.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a home in Honolulu can help you save on car insurance since owning and maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Switch and Save Discount – Select companies give a discount for buying a policy prior to your current Veracruz insurance policy expiring. The savings is around 10%.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower car insurance rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give a lower price if you buy life insurance from them.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education as it can save substantially.
Don’t be surprised that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates you could get a free car insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Hyundai Veracruz car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the rates. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Hawaii state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-policy, multi-car, safe-driver, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
The best car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are shown below.
- 21st Century discounts include automatic seat belts, student driver, driver training, defensive driver, theft prevention, early bird, and homeowners.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, good student, and continuous coverage.
- State Farm offers discounts for good driver, accident-free, multiple autos, safe vehicle, multiple policy, and good student.
- Nationwide includes discounts for accident-free, family plan, easy pay, Farm Bureau membership, multi-policy, and business or organization.
- Esurance has discounts for DriveSense, defensive driver, paid-in-full, online shopper, and anti-lock brakes.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, driver training, bundle, vehicle fuel type, and air bag.
Double check with each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in every state.
Hyundai Veracruz insurance coverage information
The rate information below highlights different insurance coverage prices for Hyundai Veracruz models. Learning a little about how car insurance prices are calculated can help drivers make decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Veracruz GLS 2WD||$252||$506||$304||$18||$90||$1,170||$98|
|Veracruz GLS AWD||$286||$506||$304||$18||$90||$1,204||$100|
|Veracruz Limited 2WD||$286||$596||$304||$18||$90||$1,294||$108|
|Veracruz Limited AWD||$286||$596||$304||$18||$90||$1,294||$108|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in vehicle location which can influence coverage rates significantly.
The illustration below illustrates how your deductible choice and can impact Hyundai Veracruz annual premium costs for each age group. The data is based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Hyundai Veracruz annual premium costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The premiums are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no clear-cut formula of when to exclude physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Hyundai Veracruz replacement cost is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $3,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying over $300 a year for physical damage coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are a few situations where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Learn How to Buy Car Insurance Cheaper
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that play a part in calculating car insurance rates. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to cheaper rates.
- Additional coverages that may be costing you – There are many additional extra coverages you can purchase if you aren’t careful. Things like rental car reimbursement, accidental death, and extra equipment coverage are probably not needed. The coverages may be enticing when discussing your needs, but if you’ve never needed them in the past think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Lower premiums with alarm systems – Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Theft prevention devices like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems help track and prevent car theft.
Poor driving means higher prices – Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates as compared to careless drivers. Even a single citation can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers with license-revoking violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may face state-mandated requirements to maintain a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
The diagram below highlights how traffic violations and accident claims can influence Hyundai Veracruz yearly insurance costs for different age categories. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
- Cheaper rates with high deductibles – Physical damage protection, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your Hyundai from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be a windshield shattered by a rock, vandalism, or theft. The deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. The more money the insured is willing to pay, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
Car insurance quotes from local Honolulu insurance agents
Many people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent. Insurance agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the quote information is sent to companies in Honolulu who will give you bids for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent to you. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best company requires more thought than just a cheap quote. A good agent in Honolulu will have answers to these questions.
- How many companies do they write for?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Honolulu?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
If you need to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it helps to know the two different types of agencies that you can choose from. Insurance agencies in Honolulu are categorized either independent or exclusive. Either one can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning the subtle differences because it can factor into buying decisions.
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are highly trained on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents mainly due to high brand loyalty rather than low price.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Honolulu that are able to give price quote information.
- Larry Bolibol – State Farm Insurance Agent
2153 N King St #108a – Honolulu, HI 96819 – (808) 847-0835 – View Map
- Cynthia Leiko Frost – State Farm Insurance Agent
2038 S King St – Honolulu, HI 96826 – (808) 952-5353 – View Map
- State Farm Insurance: Shelli Toguchi-Hadley
4510 Salt Lake Boulevard Unit D15 – Honolulu, HI 96818 – (808) 486-1111 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent do not write with just one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different car insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, they simply move the coverage in-house and that require little work on your part. When comparing rate quotes, you should always contact several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection. Many can place coverage with smaller mutual companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Honolulu that can give you rate quotes.
- Cornerstones Financial and Insurance Agency
250 Ward Ave #220 – Honolulu, HI 96814 – (808) 626-5068 – View Map
- Royal State National Insurance Company
819 S Beretania St – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 539-1600 – View Map
- Dongbu Insurance
1440 Kapiolani Blvd # 950 – Honolulu, HI 96814 – (808) 942-5353 – View Map
Don’t assume everyone needs the same auto insurance coverage
When quoting and comparing your policy, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. You are unique and your auto insurance should unique, too.
These are some specific questions may help you determine whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Is my Hyundai Veracruz covered for smoke damage?
- What is the ISO rating for a Hyundai Veracruz?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Be persistent to save money
Budget-conscious Hyundai Veracruz insurance is available from both online companies and with local Honolulu insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies don’t offer online price quotes and many times these regional carriers sell through independent agents.
We covered some good ideas how to lower your Hyundai Veracruz insurance car insurance rates in Honolulu. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Honolulu auto insurance, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Hyundai Veracruz rate quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest car insurance rates come from a lesser-known regional company. These companies can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Steps to finding the cheapest rates for Hyundai Veracruz insurance in Honolulu
To save the most money, the best way to get more affordable Hyundai Veracruz insurance in Honolulu is to start comparing rates regularly from different companies in Hawaii. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- Try to comprehend policy coverages and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that increase rates like speeding tickets, careless driving and a negative credit history can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application for your new policy. When you receive it, store the certificate verifying coverage in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is to use the same level of coverage on every quote and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Honolulu Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Honolulu Car Insurance Quotes for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Company Car in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)