We don’t have to tell you that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Insureds who get comparison quotes at least once a year will presumably switch companies because of the high probability of finding discount prices. A study discovered that people who compared rate quotes regularly saved over $70 a month compared to people who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the cheapest price on auto insurance is why you’re here, then having a good understanding the best way to compare insurance can make it easier for you to save money.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get the cheapest car insurance rates is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies who provide auto insurance in Honolulu. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- Read and learn about individual coverages and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that result in higher prices like accidents, traffic violations, and a substandard credit score can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
- Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rates to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage. Submit a signed application and payment to your new insurance company. Make sure you store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to use the same deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and a thorough price selection.
Obtaining price quotes for the cheapest policy in Honolulu is simple if you know the tricks. If you have a current auto insurance policy or just want to save money, use these money-saving tips to shop for the lowest rates while maintaining coverages. Drivers just have to know the least time-consuming way to compare price quotes using one simple form.
How to compare free Honolulu Jeep Cherokee insurance quotes
Most major insurance companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO provide prices for coverage on their websites. The process can be done by anyone as all you need to do is type in the coverages you want into the quote form. After the form is submitted, the company’s rating system will order your credit score and driving record and gives you a price quote determined by many factors.
The ability to get online quotes for Jeep Cherokee insurance in Honolulu simplifies rate comparisons, and it is imperative to compare as many rates as possible in order to get the lowest car insurance rates.
In order to get comparison pricing now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you copy coverages and limits as shown on your current policy. This helps ensure you will be getting rate comparison quotes using the exact same coverages.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Hawaii. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you compare several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Car insurance does more than just repair your car
Even though Honolulu Cherokee insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance is required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Jeep Cherokee has a lienholder, most banks will require you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Jeep at a significantly higher premium and make you pay the higher price.
- Car insurance protects both your Jeep and your assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your car insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your Cherokee greatly outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays more than $865 each year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Discount Honolulu car insurance rates
Some providers don’t always list the entire discount list very well, so we researched both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous savings tricks you should be using when you buy Honolulu auto insurance online.
- New Car Discount – Putting insurance on a new Cherokee can be considerably cheaper because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of 20% or more.
- Student Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Club Memberships – Participating in a professional or civic organization may earn a discount on your next car insurance statement.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a house in Honolulu can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and will save you 10% or more on Cherokee insurance in Honolulu.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Federal Government Employee – Federal government employees could qualify for a slight premium decrease with some car insurance companies.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
Some of the insurance companies who may offer most of these discounts include:
Before buying, ask every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in Honolulu. To locate insurance companies with the best Jeep Cherokee insurance discounts in Honolulu, click here to view.
Local neighborhood Honolulu car insurance agents
Certain consumers still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. Most agents can answer important questions and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of comparing car insurance online is you can get cheap car insurance rates but also keep your business local. Buying from neighborhood agents is important especially in Honolulu.
Once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents that give free quotes for your business. You won’t even need to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. If you have a need to compare rates from a particular provider, feel free to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
If you are searching for local Honolulu agents, there are two types of insurance agents and how they work. Insurance agencies in Honolulu can be classified as either exclusive or independent. Both can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning how they are different since it can affect which agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not limited to a single company and that gives them the ability to insure with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If prices rise, the business is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing car insurance prices, it’s recommended you check rates from a few independent agents for the best price selection. They often place coverage with smaller regional carriers that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Honolulu who may be able to give you price quote information.
- Island Insurance Hawaii
1022 Bethel St – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 643-4000 – View Map
- John H Connors Insurance
500 Ala Moana Blvd # 2303 – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 534-7300 – View Map
- Rosten Y Tsuha Insurance Agency Inc
1350 S King St #303 – Honolulu, HI 96814 – (808) 591-5545 – View Map
Exclusive insurance agents have only one company to place business with like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers frequently buy from the same agent for years mainly due to loyalty to the company rather than having low rates.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Honolulu that can give you price quote information.
- Allstate: Honolulu Insurance Specialists
1370 N King St – Honolulu, HI 96817 – (808) 845-9026 – View Map
- Tina Tay – State Farm Insurance Agent
3615 Harding Ave Ste 303 – Honolulu, HI 96816 – (808) 394-5433 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance Hawaii
Six Waterfront Plaza 3rd Floor, 500 Ala Moana Blvd – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 533-2444 – View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Some important questions to ask are:
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- If they are an independent agency in Honolulu, which companies do they recommend?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- What company do they have the most business with?
Hawaii auto insurance companies
Selecting the best car insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many companies sell coverage in Honolulu. The rank data in the next section may help you decide which car insurance providers to look at comparing rates from.
Top 10 Honolulu Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- State Farm – 90%
- Nationwide – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
- Esurance – 87%
- Progressive – 87%
Affordable auto insurance rates are out there
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including poor customer service, extreme rates for teen drivers, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or being labeled a high risk driver. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
There are still a few companies who may not offer internet price quotes and these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agencies. More affordable auto insurance in Honolulu can be sourced both online and also from your neighborhood Honolulu agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
We just presented a lot of tips how to find affordable Jeep Cherokee insurance in Honolulu. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better likelihood of getting affordable Honolulu auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from an unexpected company.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda CR-V in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)