Unbelievably, most auto insurance customers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. The average driver in Honolulu could save nearly $356 each year just by comparing rates, but most undervalue the amount of money they would save if they switch to a new company.
The best way we recommend to find cheaper quotes for auto insurance rates is to regularly compare quotes from companies in Honolulu.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about how companies price auto insurance and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like multiple speeding tickets and a bad credit rating can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple sources. View companies
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Honolulu. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new company. As soon as coverage is bound, place your new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location.
One piece of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same level of coverage on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as you can. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Honolulu can initially seem challenging. Practically every vehicle owner who requires lower cost auto insurance will more than likely get a lower-priced policy. Nevertheless, Hawaii consumers benefit from understanding the way insurance companies determine premium rates.
Best companies for Lexus LS 460 insurance
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Honolulu, HI. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Lexus LS 460 insurance coverage information
The table below outlines detailed analysis of coverage costs for Lexus LS 460 models. Learning more about how auto insurance prices are established can be useful when making smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|LS 460 4-Dr Sedan||$288||$476||$294||$18||$88||$1,164||$97|
|LS 460 4-Dr Sedan||$288||$476||$294||$18||$88||$1,164||$97|
|LS 460 AWD 4-Dr||$288||$476||$294||$18||$88||$1,164||$97|
|LS 460 L 4-Dr Sedan||$288||$476||$294||$18||$88||$1,164||$97|
|LS 460 L AWD 4-Dr||$288||$476||$294||$18||$88||$1,164||$97|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in Honolulu location which can revise premium rates substantially.
Save with these discounts on Lexus LS 460 insurance in Honolulu
Some providers don’t list the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we break down some of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Honolulu auto insurance online.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts could save 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Defensive Driving Course – Participating in a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Own a Home – Just being a homeowner can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get lower car insurance rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may reduce rates when you quote Honolulu auto insurance with some car insurance companies.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less in comparison to drivers who are more careless.
- Early Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront as opposed to paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
One last thing about discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, it’s just not the way it works. Any qualifying discounts will help lower the cost of coverage.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Lexus LS 460 insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The premiums assume a female driver, no violations or accidents, Hawaii state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-policy, multi-car, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Some companies that may offer quotes with these benefits possibly include:
It’s a good idea to ask each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply everywhere.
Always keep in mind that when comparing your policy, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every insured’s situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if you might need professional guidance.
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Lexus LS 460 is totaled?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
When should I contact an agent?
A lot of people would rather visit with an insurance agent and that can be a smart move One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, the coverage information gets sent to companies in Honolulu that give free quotes to get your business. You never need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered instantly to you. It’s the lowest rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, you would need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Selecting a insurer requires you to look at more than just a low price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- How long has the business existed?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive car insurance agents
When narrowing the list to find a local Honolulu insurance agent, you should know the types of insurance agents to choose from. Insurance agents in Honolulu are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
These type of agents can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are trained well on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers often use the same agent mostly because of loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Honolulu that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Allstate: Honolulu Insurance Specialists
1370 N King St – Honolulu, HI 96817 – (808) 845-9026 – View Map
- State Farm Insurance: Shelli Toguchi-Hadley
4510 Salt Lake Boulevard Unit D15 – Honolulu, HI 96818 – (808) 486-1111 – View Map
- Dean Nomura – State Farm Insurance Agent
1215 Hunakai St #203 – Honolulu, HI 96816 – (808) 737-5662 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are appointed with more than one company so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If premiums increase, the business is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing rates, it’s a good idea to include rate quotes from at least one independent agent to maximize your price options. Many can place coverage with less well-known companies which can save you money.
Below are Honolulu independent insurance agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Cavanah Associates, Inc.
1100 Alakea St #2600 – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 537-1970 – View Map
- Pyramid Insurance Center Ltd
420 Waiakamilo Rd – Honolulu, HI 96817 – (808) 527-7667 – View Map
- Atlas Insurance
1132 Bishop St #1600 – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 533-8728 – View Map
Cheap car insurance rates are possible
Cheaper car insurance in Honolulu can be purchased both online and with local Honolulu insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies may not offer online quoting and most of the time these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
In this article, we presented many ideas to save on Lexus LS 460 insurance in Honolulu. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from the smaller companies.
As you quote Honolulu auto insurance, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
To read more, feel free to visit these articles:
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60 in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Explorer in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Postal Workers in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Honolulu Auto Insurance Quotes for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)