It goes without saying that auto insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Insureds who rate shop once a year are very likely to switch companies because of the high probability of finding more affordable rates. A recent insurance study discovered that consumers who make a habit of shopping around saved an average of $3,400 over four years compared to those who never compared prices.
If finding the cheapest price on Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Honolulu is why you’re here, then having some knowledge of the best way to compare insurance coverage can make it easier for you to save money.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get the cheapest Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance is to compare prices once a year from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Honolulu. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- Try to understand how car insurance works and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that result in higher prices such as distracted driving and a not-so-good credit rating can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Read the full article for ideas to find cheap prices and find missing discounts.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy premium and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current policy and submit a completed application and payment to the new insurer. Be sure to place the new proof of insurance certificate with the vehicle registration.
One tip to remember is to compare similar coverage information on every price quote and and to get rates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This provides a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
Best companies for low-cost Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Hawaii
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Honolulu, HI. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Get Cheaper Insurance Rates by Understanding These Factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that are used to determine the rates you pay for car insurance. If you understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to lower premium levels. Many different elements are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but other factors are less apparent like where you live or how safe your car is.
- Costs increase with policy add-ons – There are quite a few extra coverages that can add up if you aren’t careful. Insurance for things like replacement cost coverage, high-cost glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment when talking to your agent, but if you’ve never needed them in the past consider taking them off your policy.
- Women pay lower premiums – Statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. This data doesn’t prove that females are better at driving than males. Men and women get in fender benders at about the same rate, but males tend to have higher claims. Men also statistically get higher numbers of serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI). Males from age 16 to 21 generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore pay the highest rates.
- Why do you need liability coverage? – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will provide protection if ever you are ruled to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability insurance provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is relatively inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Your car’s features help determine premiums – Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
- Cars with good safety ratings save money – Safer cars get lower rates. Vehicles built for safety reduce occupant injuries and better occupant protection means less claims paid and cheaper rates on your policy.
- Discounts for auto and home policies – Many insurance companies will award discounts to insureds that purchase more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to compare other company rates to verify if the discount is saving money. Consumers may save even more by buying insurance from more than one company.
Save a ton on Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Honolulu with these discounts
Some insurance providers don’t always publicize all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down some of the best known and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using when you buy Honolulu car insurance online.
- Save over 55 – Seniors may qualify for lower premium rates.
- Driver Training Discounts – Participating in a course teaching safe driver skills could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model can be considerably cheaper because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially as compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Mercedes-Benz may enable drivers to earn lower insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Driver’s Ed – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll and complete driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- College Student – Kids living away from Honolulu attending college and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying a policy with multiple vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
Please keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic. But all discounts should definitely cut your policy premiums.
If you would like to view providers who offer free Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance quotes in Hawaii, click here.
Auto insurance agents can help
A lot of people still prefer to get advice from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Professional agents are highly skilled in risk management and help file insurance claims. One of the benefits of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that you can find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Honolulu that can provide free Honolulu car insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. If you wish to compare rates for a specific company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Selecting a provider is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Are they full-time agents?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Honolulu?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
Honolulu car insurance agents come in two flavors
If you want a good Honolulu insurance agent, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Honolulu agents are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can insure your vehicles, but it’s important to know the difference between them because it may have an impact on your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Honolulu that can give you comparison quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are not locked into one company and that allows them to write policies with lots of companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If premiums increase, your policy is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rates, you definitely need to compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the most accurate price comparison.
Below are Honolulu independent insurance agents that are able to give price quotes.
Cover all your bases
The cheapest Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Honolulu is attainable both online and also from your neighborhood Honolulu agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
We covered quite a bit of information on how to shop for Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Honolulu car insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest rates come from a small local company. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
For more information, take a look at the resources below:
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Tacoma in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)