Everyone knows that insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Insureds who shop for lower rates will most likely buy a new policy because there are good odds of finding lower prices. Remarkably, a study showed that people who compared prices regularly saved approximately $865 a year as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If saving the most money on Pontiac GTO insurance in Honolulu is your ultimate goal, then having a good understanding how to shop for auto insurance can help make the process easier.
The recommended way to get affordable auto insurance rates in Honolulu is to do a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Hawaii. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- It will benefit you to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates like distracted driving and your credit history can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if cheaper GTO coverage is available in Honolulu. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel the current policy and submit payment and a signed application to the new company. Immediately put the new certificate of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
A crucial key to this process is to make sure you’re comparing the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
If you already have coverage or are looking for a new policy, you will benefit by learning to lower your rates and still get good coverage. Finding the cheapest coverage in Honolulu can initially seem challenging. You just have to know the best way to compare insurance rates over the internet.
How to compare free Honolulu Pontiac GTO insurance quotes
Cutting your Honolulu car insurance rates is not a difficult process. You just have to take the time to compare rate quotes online with multiple companies.
Getting free quotes online is quite simple, and it replaces the need to spend time driving to all the different Honolulu insurance agencies. The ability to quote Pontiac GTO insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you prefer the professional advice of a local agency. However, consumers can find lower rates online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
The providers in the list below provide price comparisons in Hawaii. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you compare several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Why insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, buying insurance is required by state law in Hawaii and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, almost all lenders will stipulate that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Pontiac for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If your Pontiac gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in Hawaii overpays as much as $865 each year so it’s important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to save money.
These discounts can lower Pontiac GTO insurance rates
Auto insurance companies don’t list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Honolulu car insurance online.
- ABS Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Switch and Save Discount – Select insurance companies give a discount for switching to them prior to your current GTO insurance policy expiring. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Distant College Student Discount – Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Honolulu and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could get you a discount.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Have your child participate in a local driver’s education class in school.
- Military Discounts – Being on active deployment in the military could be rewarded with lower prices.
One last thing about discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky. Any amount of discount should definitely cut your overall bill.
Some of the insurance companies that may include most of the discounts above may include but are not limited to:
Double check with all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Some discounts may not apply in your state. To locate car insurance companies with discount rates in Honolulu, follow this link.
What if I want to buy from local Honolulu car insurance agents?
Certain consumers just want to have an agent’s advice and often times that is recommended Good insurance agents can answer important questions and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of comparing auto insurance online is you may find the best rates and still have a local agent. And providing support for neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Honolulu.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your information is transmitted to insurance agents in Honolulu that can give you free Honolulu car insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no need to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Insurance agent types
If you want to use a local agent, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Agents in Honolulu can either be independent agents or exclusive agents. Either type can sell auto insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning the subtle differences since it could factor into which type of agent you select.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are appointed with more than one company so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you are not satisfied with one company, your policy is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing auto insurance prices, you absolutely need to get some free quotes from at least one independent agent for the best price selection.
Below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Honolulu who may be able to give you free price quotes.
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They are unable to provide other company’s prices so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which can be an advantage.
The following are Honolulu exclusive agencies that can give you rate quotes.
Finding a good auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
Frequent quotes can save
We just showed you many ways to get a better price on Pontiac GTO insurance in Honolulu. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Honolulu car insurance quotes. You may even discover the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies. These smaller insurers often have lower rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Cheaper Pontiac GTO insurance in Honolulu is definitely available from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Honolulu agents, so get free Honolulu car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers may not provide price quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Teenagers in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Pilot in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Honolulu Auto Insurance for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with Accidents in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Edge in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)