If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find cheaper prices for Hyundai Ioniq insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Honolulu.
- Gain an understanding of how companies price auto insurance and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like traffic citations, accidents, and a negative credit score can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Keep reading for additional tips to get affordable coverage and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices from many different companies. View prices
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Honolulu. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Tell your current agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for your new coverage. Immediately put the proof of insurance paperwork somewhere easily accessible.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you use the same level of coverage on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and many rates to choose from.
Unthinkable but true, most auto insurance customers kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. Honolulu consumers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just shopping around, but they just feel it’s too hard to go online and compare rates.
Cheaper Honolulu car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you might find some hidden discounts to help offset the cost. Some discounts will apply at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be asked for before they will apply.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few car insurance companies allow discounts for switching policies before your current coverage expires. You could save around 10% when you buy Honolulu auto insurance online.
- Driver’s Ed – Have your child take driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up could cut 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Multi-line Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy a life policy as well.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or former government employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Honolulu auto insurance with select insurance companies.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- Online Discount – Certain larger companies provide a small discount for signing up digitally online.
Don’t be shocked that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way.
The best car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm offers discounts for Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, student away at school, accident-free, defensive driving training, and multiple autos.
- American Family offers premium reductions for defensive driver, mySafetyValet, good driver, early bird, good student, multi-vehicle, and TimeAway discount.
- GEICO offers discounts including membership and employees, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, driver training, and defensive driver.
- 21st Century has discounts for air bags, driver training, automatic seat belts, theft prevention, homeowners, anti-lock brakes, and 55 and older.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online signing, good student, homeowner, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
Before you buy a policy, ask each insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be available to policyholders in every state. To see insurers with discount car insurance rates in Honolulu, click here to view.
Keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes will increase your chances of finding more affordable insurance.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Honolulu, HI. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Compare rates but work with a local Honolulu insurance agency
Some consumers still like to sit down with an agent and that can be a great decision One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find lower auto insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Honolulu.
By using this short form, your information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Honolulu that provide free Honolulu auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you need to quote rates for a specific company, you would need to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
If you’re trying to find a good insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agencies in Honolulu are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agents are not required to write business for one company so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. To transfer your coverage to a different company, an independent agent can move your coverage which is easy for the insured.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you definitely need to get insurance quotes from several independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many write coverage with small regional insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in Honolulu that may be able to provide free rate quotes.
- Anita Butay Diniega
1088 Bishop St #2210 – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 841-5915 – View Map
- Rosten Y Tsuha Insurance Agency Inc
1350 S King St #303 – Honolulu, HI 96814 – (808) 591-5545 – View Map
- Dongbu Insurance
1440 Kapiolani Blvd # 950 – Honolulu, HI 96814 – (808) 942-5353 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only write with one company like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are well schooled on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. A lot of people use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand rather than low price.
The following are exclusive agencies in Honolulu willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Tina Tay – State Farm Insurance Agent
3615 Harding Ave Ste 303 – Honolulu, HI 96816 – (808) 394-5433 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Ricky N. Bonilla
2024 N King St #101b – Honolulu, HI 96819 – (808) 842-5844 – View Map
- Allstate: Honolulu Insurance Specialists
1370 N King St – Honolulu, HI 96817 – (808) 845-9026 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Hawaii?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
Quote more to save more
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can lower your Hyundai Ioniq insurance prices in Honolulu. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Honolulu auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from an unexpected company.
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, being labeled a high risk driver, not issuing a premium refund and policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Cheaper auto insurance in Honolulu is definitely available both online and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. A few companies may not have online rate quotes and many times these smaller providers provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
To learn more, link through to these articles:
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 21 in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Mazda CX-7 in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)