If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find more affordable Hyundai Tiburon insurance in Honolulu is to compare prices at least once a year from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Hawaii. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
First, read and learn about how your policy works and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a bad credit score can be improved by paying attention to minor details.
Second, get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from many different companies.
Third, compare the new quotes to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper Tiburon coverage is available in Honolulu. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
A good piece of advice is to make sure you enter the same liability limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Regrettably, the majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared car insurance rates at all. Most drivers in Honolulu could save an average of $356 each year just by comparing rates, but they don’t know how much savings they would realize if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Most major insurance companies make it easy to get coverage price quotes directly from their websites. Doing online price comparisons for Hyundai Tiburon insurance in Honolulu is pretty painless because you just enter the amount of coverage you want into the quote form. Once entered, the quote system orders information on your driving record and credit history and quotes a price based on these factors.
Quoting online for Hyundai Tiburon insurance in Honolulu makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is important to do this in order to find the lowest payment.
If you want to use this form to compare rates, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you replicate deductibles and limits as close as possible to your current policy. This makes sure you will have an apples-to-apples comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Hawaii. If the list has multiple companies, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Check for these ten money saving discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t list all available discounts very well, so the list below details a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts you could be receiving when you buy Honolulu car insurance online.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more on Tiburon insurance in Honolulu.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% but check with your company.
- Telematics Data Discounts – People who choose to allow companies to study their driving habits by using a telematic data system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could see a rate decrease as long as the data is positive.
- College Student – Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Honolulu and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- No Claim Discounts – Honolulu drivers who stay claim-free pay less in comparison with frequent claim filers.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Insuring all your vehicles on the same insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Honolulu Homeowners Discount – Owning your own home or condo can earn you a little savings because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can combine your auto and home policy and insure them with the same company you may earn at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being in qualifying employment or professional organizations can get you a small discount on your next renewal.
You should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck.
Some of the insurance companies that possibly offer these discounts are:
It’s a good idea to ask all the companies which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders everywhere. To find insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Hawaii, click this link.
Auto insurance agents can help
Certain consumers just want to buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! Experienced insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheap car insurance rates and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is definitely important in Honolulu.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to contact any agents as quotes are delivered to you directly. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
If you want to use a local insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Honolulu may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types can sell car insurance policies, but it’s important to know the difference between them since it can affect your agent selection.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These agents are not employed by one company so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If your premiums go up, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing rates, we highly recommend that you include at a minimum one independent agency to get the most accurate price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with small regional insurance companies which can be an advantage.
The following is a small list of independent insurance agents in Honolulu that may be able to give you price quote information.
- John H Connors Insurance
500 Ala Moana Blvd # 2303 – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 534-7300 – View Map
- Atlas Insurance
1132 Bishop St #1600 – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 533-8728 – View Map
- Cavanah Associates, Inc.
1100 Alakea St #2600 – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 537-1970 – View Map
Exclusive insurance agents can usually just insure with one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. They receive a lot of sales training on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers sometimes buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand name and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Honolulu willing to provide rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Kirk Paterson
1259 S Beretania St Ste 1 – Honolulu, HI 96814 – (808) 593-8844 – View Map
- State Farm: Darin Ono
1649 Liliha St – Honolulu, HI 96817 – (808) 834-2222 – View Map
- Dee Ann Lee – State Farm Insurance Agent
600 Kapiolani Blvd #210 – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 599-7666 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- How often do they review coverages?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
Three main reasons to buy auto insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Hyundai Tiburon insurance, insuring your vehicle may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Hyundai Tiburon, almost all lenders will require you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Hyundai at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your Hyundai but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your auto insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. Today the average American driver is overpaying over $820 a year so compare rates at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Information about specific coverages
Understanding the coverages of insurance can be of help when determining the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
This coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to other’s property or people. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 20/40/10 that means you have $20,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $40,000, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers things like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical expenses, bail bonds, loss of income and pain and suffering. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but buy as much as you can afford. Hawaii requires drivers to carry at least 20/40/10 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
The illustration below shows why minimum state limits may not be enough.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for bills like hospital visits, prosthetic devices, pain medications, rehabilitation expenses and funeral costs. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as hitting a deer, a broken windshield and fire damage. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This provides protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Hyundai Tiburon.
Due to the fact that many Hawaii drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (Hawaii limits are 20/40/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Frequently these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
This pays for damage to your Tiburon resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims such as colliding with another moving vehicle, sideswiping another vehicle and driving through your garage door. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your Tiburon to get cheaper collision coverage.
Don’t give up on affordable premiums
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including policy non-renewal, questionable increases in premium, high rates after DUI convictions or even extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
In this article, we covered many ways to save on Hyundai Tiburon insurance in Honolulu. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Honolulu car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best prices are with a lesser-known regional company.
Cheap Hyundai Tiburon insurance in Honolulu is possible both online and from local insurance agents, so you need to quote Honolulu car insurance with both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not offer internet price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
For more information, link through to the resources below:
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Veterans in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Postal Workers in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)