Looking for low-cost Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Honolulu? Are you burned out from not being able to scrape enough together each month for car insurance? You’re in the same situation as many other Hawaii consumers.
It’s easy to assume that insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Consumers who shop for lower prices are very likely to buy a new policy because they have good chances of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent survey found that drivers who compared rates once a year saved an average of $850 each year as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding budget-friendly rates on car insurance in Honolulu is the reason you’re reading this, then learning about how to choose a company and compare insurance can help you succeed in saving money.
How to find cheaper Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Honolulu
The best way to get affordable car insurance rates in Honolulu is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from providers who sell auto insurance in Hawaii. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
- Try to comprehend car insurance and the steps you can take to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that drive up the price like inattentive driving and a less-than-favorable credit score can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company of your decision to cancel the current policy and submit a completed policy application and payment for the new coverage. Immediately put the new proof of insurance certificate in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A tip to remember is to make sure you enter similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to analyze as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and a thorough price selection.
There is such a variety of insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and even though it’s nice to be able to choose, too many choices makes it more difficult to locate the cheapest rates for Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Honolulu.
Finding the cheapest coverage in Honolulu can be much easier if you know how to start. If you’re already insured or need a new policy, you can use these tips to save money and still get good coverage. Consumers just need to learn the most effective way to buy insurance from many different companies online.
The majority of larger companies make it easy to get prices from their websites. Getting quotes for Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Honolulu is pretty painless as you just type in the amount of coverage you want on the page. When the form is submitted, the quote system orders information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price quote based on many factors. Being able to quote online for Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Honolulu makes comparing rates easy, and it is imperative to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for a better rate.
To quickly compare rates now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you complete the form with the coverage information just like they are on your policy. Doing this assures you will have a rate comparison for the exact same coverage.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Honolulu, HI. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Here’s why car insurance is not optional
Even though Honolulu Shelby GT350 insurance rates can get expensive, insurance is required in Hawaii but it also protects you in many ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, most lenders will make it mandatory that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Ford for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves both your car and your assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. An average driver in America is overpaying more than $810 a year so you should quote and compare rates every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Lower-cost Honolulu insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize all possible discounts very clearly, so the list below details some of the best known and also the lesser-known discounts that may be available.
- Professional Memberships – Being in a civic or occupational organization in Honolulu could earn you a nice discount on your next insurance statement.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount compared to insuring an older model.
- No Accidents – Honolulu drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates in comparison to policyholders that have many claims.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive lower premium rates.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or former government employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving may be able to save a few bucks off the medical payments premium.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for substantially lower premium rates.
- Honolulu Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home can get you a discount due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes have fewer accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. But any discount will help lower your policy premiums.
To see companies who offer discounts in Honolulu, click here to view.
Can’t I compare rates from local Honolulu car insurance agents?
Some people just want to sit down with an agent and that is a smart decision Experienced insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you can get better rates and still choose a local agent.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is transmitted to agents in your area that give free quotes for your business. There is no need to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best insurer should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Honolulu?
- Which family members are covered?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Honolulu?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
The type of car insurance agent you choose is important
If you would like to find a local agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they function. Auto insurance policy providers can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either type can write policy coverage, but it is important to understand the difference in how they write coverage because it can influence your agent selection.
Exclusive agencies write business for a single company such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are well trained on what they offer which aids in selling service over price.
Below are Honolulu exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give comparison quotes.
These type of agents are not limited to a single company so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you are comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you get quotes from independent agents for the best price selection.
The following are independent agents in Honolulu who can help you get comparison quotes.
Once you have good feedback to any questions you have as well as offering an affordable quote, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that can be trusted to properly insure your vehicles. Just be aware that you are able to terminate coverage when you choose so don’t think you are locked into any specific company for any length of time.
One last thing about your coverage
We just covered a lot of ways to shop for Ford Shelby GT350 insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Honolulu car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies. These companies often have lower rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
When searching for affordable Honolulu car insurance quotes, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced full coverage only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
There are still a few companies who may not provide the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agents. Budget-friendly car insurance in Honolulu is attainable online in addition to many Honolulu insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis.
Steps to buying cheaper Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Honolulu
The preferred way to find the cheapest price for car insurance rates is to compare prices at least once a year from different companies that sell auto insurance in Honolulu.
First, try to understand individual coverages and the things you can control to lower rates. Many rating factors that increase rates such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and an unfavorable credit rating can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for many different companies.
Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy premium and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Fourth, provide written notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a completed application and payment to the new company. Make sure you put the new certificate verifying coverage with the vehicle registration.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get price estimates from every insurance company. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Additional car insurance information is located below:
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Honolulu Car Insurance for Teachers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Unemployed Drivers in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for State Employees in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Honolulu Auto Insurance for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Honolulu Auto Insurance Rates for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)