Has it been over a year since you last compared quotes for more affordable Ford Thunderbird insurance in Honolulu? If you’re searching for more affordable insurance online, do you get confused by the number of car insurance sources that you can choose from? Hawaii drivers have such a large number of options that it can really be a challenge to find a cheaper company. Honolulu is a great city to live in, but expensive premiums for car insurance can make it very difficult to afford enough coverage.
Unfortunately, almost 70% of insureds in Hawaii have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. Many consumers in the United States could save an average of 47% each year, but they don’t want to take the time to find lower-cost car insurance rates.
It is always a good idea to get comparison quotes on a regular basis since insurance prices change quite often. Just because you found the lowest rates on Ford Thunderbird insurance in Honolulu a couple years back there may be better deals available now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re about to find out the tricks you need to know to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Ford Thunderbird insurance in Honolulu.
If you have insurance now, you should be able to find better prices using the ideas you’re about to read. Comparing quotes for the lowest cost coverage in Honolulu is easy if you know what you’re doing. Nevertheless, Hawaii vehicle owners do need to learn the way insurance companies charge you for coverage.
Determine discounts to get cheap Honolulu auto insurance rates
Some insurers do not list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down both well-publicized and the harder-to-find auto insurance savings.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying in monthly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Safe Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Federal Employees – Federal government employees can save as much as 8% with a few auto insurance companies.
- Good Student – Performing well in school may save you up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit could qualify you for better prices.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Early Switch Discount – Some auto insurance companies provide a discount for switching companies before your current Thunderbird insurance policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles with one company could earn a price break for each car.
- Defensive Driver – Taking time to complete a class that teaches driver safety techniques is a good idea and can lower rates if you qualify.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride. Any amount of discount will cut the cost of your policy.
To see auto insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates in Honolulu, click this link.
Just keep in mind that making a lot of price comparisons provides better odds of finding the best price.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Hawaii. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
The Ford Thunderbird Insurance Price Equation
Many different elements are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but others are more obscure such as your marital status or your commute time. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that help determine your car insurance rates. When you understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with lower rates.
The items below are just a few of the factors that factor into your prices.
Your age impacts your costs – Older drivers have been proven to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are safer drivers. Teen drivers have been known to be more careless when behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
Better credit means lower premiums – Your credit history factor in determining what you pay. Consumers who have excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with lower credit ratings. If your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you may save money insuring your Ford Thunderbird by improving your rating.
More annual miles equals more premium – Driving a lot of miles annually the higher your rates will be. Many insurance companies charge rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates compared to those used for work or business. It’s a good idea to make sure your car insurance declarations sheet shows the correct usage. Improper usage on your Thunderbird may be wasting your money.
Gender and auto insurance costs – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. Both genders have auto accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically get higher numbers of serious violations such as reckless driving. Young males cause the most accidents and are penalized with high car insurance rates.
Vehicle features can affect prices – Choosing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can save you some money. Anti-theft features like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar help track and prevent auto theft.
Remove unneeded incidental coverages – There are a lot of extra coverages that can add up if you don’t pay attention. Things like rental car coverage, towing, and Farm Bureau memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea when buying your policy, but if you have no use for them think about removing them and cutting costs.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Honolulu car insurance agent
A small number of people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find the best rates but also keep your business local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is emailed to companies in Honolulu who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. Get lower rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to compare rates from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Selecting an insurance company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Honolulu?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- How are claims handled?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
Below is a short list of insurers in Honolulu who can help you get price quotes for Ford Thunderbird insurance in Honolulu.
- Allstate: Honolulu Insurance Specialists
1370 N King St – Honolulu, HI 96817 – (808) 845-9026 – View Map
- John H Connors Insurance
500 Ala Moana Blvd # 2303 – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 534-7300 – View Map
- First Insurance Co of Hawaii Limited
1100 Ward Ave # Main, Honolulu, HI 96814, Honolulu, 96818 – Honolulu, HI 96818 – (808) 527-7777 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Thomas Choi
1130 N Nimitz Hwy Rm A260 – Honolulu, HI 96817 – (808) 664-0970 – View Map
If you get good responses and locked in a price quote, you may have just found an provider that can be trusted to provide insurance coverage. Just keep in mind you are able to cancel coverage any time you want so don’t feel that you’re stuck with a policy indefinitely.
Car insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, paying for car insurance is required in Hawaii but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, most lenders will stipulate that you carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Ford for a lot more money and make you pay the higher price.
- Car insurance protects both your assets and your Ford. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. As of last year, the average driver in Hawaii is overpaying over $810 a year so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
How to find a good Hawaii car insurance company
Choosing a good quality auto insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Honolulu. The company ratings shown below can help you pick which auto insurance companies to look at comparing prices from.
Top 10 Honolulu Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Farmers Insurance
Persistence pays off
We just showed you a lot of techniques to save on Ford Thunderbird insurance in Honolulu. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with the least-expected company.
Discount Ford Thunderbird insurance in Honolulu can be sourced online as well as from independent agents in Honolulu, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection. Some auto insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
People change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including denial of a claim, policy non-renewal, delays in responding to claim requests and not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a great new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Steps to buying affordable Ford Thunderbird insurance in Honolulu
Truthfully, the best way to get the cheapest Ford Thunderbird insurance in Honolulu is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies who provide auto insurance in Hawaii. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- Spend some time learning about how insurance works and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many risk factors that cause rate increases like at-fault accidents and an unacceptable credit score can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
The key thing to remember is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found by following these links:
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Honolulu Car Insurance Rates for College Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Pilot in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Honolulu Car Insurance Rates for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)