We don’t have to point out that fact that car insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Consumers who shop around for cheaper price quotes are inclined to switch companies because there are good odds of finding a lower-priced policy. A survey found that consumers who make a habit of shopping around saved an average of $865 annually compared to other drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding budget-friendly rates on insurance in Honolulu is the reason you’re here, knowing how to find companies and compare insurance coverage can make shopping around easier.
If you want to save money, the best way to find affordable quotes for auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices yearly from companies who provide auto insurance in Honolulu.
- Learn about individual coverages and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an unacceptable credit history can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on NX 300h insurance. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application for the new policy. As soon as you can, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is that you use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
Eight Things That Affect Your Insurance Premiums
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning the different types of things that help determine your premiums. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in better auto insurance rates. Lots of things are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but other factors are less apparent such as your marital status or how financially stable you are.
The list below includes a few of the “ingredients” companies use to determine your premiums.
- Get married and pay less – Getting married may earn you lower rates on your auto insurance policy. Having a significant other translates into being more responsible and it’s proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Location can impact price – Residing in areas with lower population is a positive aspect when trying to find low car insurance rates. Less people corresponds to lower accident rates and lower theft and vandalism rates. People who live in big cities have much more traffic and a longer drive to work. More time commuting means higher likelihood of an accident.
- No auto insurance policy gaps is important – Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a fast way to pay more for auto insurance. In addition to paying higher premiums, getting caught without coverage could result in a license revocation or jail time. You will then be forced to file a SR-22 with the Hawaii motor vehicle department.
- Bundle policies and save money – Many companies apply lower prices to clients who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. If you currently are using one company, it’s always a smart idea to comparison shop to help guarantee you have the best rates.There is a chance you can save even more by buying auto insurance from a different company.
- Less chance of injury means lower rates – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates. If your Lexus NX 300h is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may be receiving a better rate.
- Is your car built for speed? – The make and model of the car you own makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. The best insurance prices tend to be for small economy passenger models, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Save annual miles and save money – The more you drive in a year the higher your rates will be. Most companies calculate prices partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars left parked in the garage receive better premium rates compared to those used for work or business. It’s a good idea to make sure your declarations sheet states the proper vehicle usage. An incorrectly rated NX 300h can cost quite a bit.
- How credit rating affects auto insurance rates – Having a good credit score is a big factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Consumers who have good credit tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with bad credit. If your credit rating can be improved, you could potentially save money when insuring your Lexus NX 300h by improving your rating.
Just remember that comparing more rates from different companies helps increase your odds of locating the best price.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide free quotes in Hawaii. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the lowest car insurance rates.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Lexus in Honolulu, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
First, almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your vehicle has a lienholder, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Lexus at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects your Lexus NX 300h and your assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average driver in Hawaii overpays more than $869 every year so shop around at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Lower rate quotes on Lexus NX 300h insurance in Honolulu with these car insurance discounts
Car insurance is expensive, but there could be available discounts that can help lower your rates. Some of these discounts will be visible at quote time, but a few must be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers over the age of 55 can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- No Accidents – Insureds with no claims or accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Honolulu auto insurance quote compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower premium rates.
- Honolulu Homeowners Discount – Owning a home in Honolulu can help you save on car insurance since owning and maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Honolulu auto insurance quote.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds that choose to allow driving data collection to study their driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could save a few bucks as long as they are good drivers.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you will save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Large car insurance companies and a selection of discounts include:
- Progressive may have discounts that include good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online signing, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for bundle discounts, accident prevention training, drive less, homeowner, multi-car, teen safe driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- American Family offers premium reductions for defensive driver, Steer into Savings, bundled insurance, early bird, and air bags.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including claim-free, defensive driver, good student, accident-free, good driver, and multi-policy.
- GEICO includes discounts for multi-policy, membership and employees, good student, federal employee, military active duty, and air bags.
- The Hartford may include discounts for defensive driver, bundle, anti-theft, driver training, and good student.
It’s a good idea to ask every company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders everywhere. If you would like to view insurers who offer cheap Lexus NX 300h insurance quotes in Hawaii, click this link.
What if I want to buy from local Honolulu insurance agencies?
Some consumers prefer to buy from a licensed agent. One of the best bonuses of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is still important in Honolulu.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your insurance data is submitted to local insurance agents in Honolulu who will give you quotes for your coverage. There is no need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can find lower rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Choose the right auto insurance agent
When searching for a local agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies that you can choose from. Agents can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not limited to a single company so as a result can place your coverage with any number of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can just switch to a different company and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing auto insurance rates, you should always compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection.
Featured below are Honolulu independent agencies that may be able to give you price quotes.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These agents can only place business with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Honolulu who can help you get price quote information.
Choosing a car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a low price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Does their agency support local causes in Honolulu?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Honolulu?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When quoting and choosing your policy, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions might point out whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Should I buy only the required Hawaii minimum liability coverage?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
You can lower your insurance rates
When shopping online for insurance, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We just showed you some good ideas how to reduce Lexus NX 300h insurance prices online in Honolulu. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the lowest prices come from an unexpected company.
Drivers switch companies for many reasons like delays in responding to claim requests, lack of trust in their agent, extreme rates for teen drivers and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
More detailed insurance information is available in the articles below:
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Honolulu Car Insurance Quotes for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Honolulu Auto Insurance for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)