We don’t have to point out that fact that insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Drivers who get comparison quotes once a year will probably buy a different policy because the odds are good of finding a more affordable policy. A study showed that drivers who compared price quotes annually saved approximately $3,400 over four years compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding budget-friendly car insurance is the reason you’re here, then having some insight into the best ways to find and compare insurance rates can help make the process easier and more efficient.
The recommended way to find discount auto insurance rates in Honolulu is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers in Hawaii. You can shop around by following these steps.
- First, try to learn about how car insurance works and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a substandard credit history can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if cheaper i-MiEV coverage is available in Honolulu. If you find a better price and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new insurance company. Once coverage is bound, put the proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location.
One thing to point out is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to compare as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
If you have auto insurance now, you should be able to lower your rates using this strategy. Finding the cheapest coverage in Honolulu is really not that difficult. But Hawaii car owners must know the way insurance companies calculate your policy premium.
Cheapest companies for Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance in Hawaii
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Honolulu, HI. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get the cheapest price.
Why Smart Buyers Pay Less for Mitsubishi i-MiEV Insurance
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, but some are less apparent such as your marital status or how safe your car is. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that are used to determine your policy premiums. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to lower auto insurance prices.
- Poor credit decisions can cost you – Having a good credit rating is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with poor credit. So if your credit score is low, you could potentially save money when insuring your Mitsubishi i-MiEV by repairing your credit.
- Accidents increase prices – Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. Only having one moving violation can increase the cost of insurance forty percent or more. People who have serious tickets such as reckless driving or DUI are required to complete a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to keep their license.
- Stay claim-free and lower premiums – Auto insurance companies in Hawaii give better rates to policyholders who file claims infrequently. If you file claims often, you can look forward to either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your car insurance is designed for more catastrophic claims.
- Cars with good safety ratings means cheaper auto insurance rates – Cars with high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles built for safety result in less severe injuries and fewer serious injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and cheaper rates on your policy.
- Drive less and save – The higher the mileage driven in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. Many insurance companies calculate rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles can be on a lower rate level as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Having the wrong rating on your i-MiEV is throwing money out the window. Make sure your auto insurance coverage correctly shows annual mileage.
Cheap Honolulu insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can help lower your rates. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be manually applied before you get the savings. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Anti-theft System – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will qualify for a discount on a Honolulu auto insurance quote.
- Telematics Discount – Policyholders that allow their insurance company to spy on where and when they drive by installing a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage could qualify for lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car instead of a used i-MiEV may earn a small discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up can save 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger companies have lower premium rates if you buy life insurance from them.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates you could get a free insurance policy, you’re out of luck.
Popular insurance companies and a selection of discounts are:
- State Farm may include discounts for defensive driving training, multiple autos, multiple policy, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, and good driver.
- Esurance may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, renters, defensive driver, safety device, good driver, and emergency road assistance.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-policy, online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for preferred payment discount, exclusive group savings, new graduate, multi-car, good student, and safety features.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including group or association, safe vehicle, safe driver, teen driver, paid in full, good student, and paperless.
- GEICO may have discounts that include driver training, seat belt use, anti-theft, defensive driver, and military active duty.
When quoting, ask each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers that offer discounts in Hawaii, click here.
Get rate quotes but still have a neighborhood Honolulu auto insurance agent
Certain consumers still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision An additional benefit of comparing rates online is you may find better rates but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from local agents is still important in Honolulu.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area that give free quotes for your business. There is no reason to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. Get lower rates without a big time investment. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Selecting a insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Any good agent in Honolulu should know the answers to these questions.
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- How long has the business existed?
Once you have reasonable responses to these questions as well as low cost Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance quotes, chances are good that you have found an insurance company that will properly insure your vehicles.
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can reduce Mitsubishi i-MiEV insurance premium rates online in Honolulu. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies. These companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Additional insurance information can be read at these links:
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Honolulu Auto Insurance Quotes for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Unemployed Drivers in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Retired Military in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Honolulu Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)