The best way we recommend to get the cheapest car insurance rates is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Honolulu.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an unacceptable credit score can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy and submit payment and a signed application to the new company. Immediately upon receiving it, place your new certificate verifying coverage with the vehicle registration.
One tip to remember is to make sure you enter similar coverage information on each quote and and to analyze every insurance company. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
We don’t have to tell you that car insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Drivers who shop around for a cheaper policy are highly likely to switch companies because they have good chances of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A recent survey discovered that consumers who regularly compared price quotes saved an average of $3,400 over four years compared to other drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the cheapest price for car insurance in Honolulu is the reason you’re reading this, then having a good understanding how to shop for coverages can make shopping around easier.
Most major insurance companies make it easy to get coverage price quotes on the web. This process doesn’t take a lot of time as you just type in the coverages you want as requested by the quote form. After the form is submitted, their rating system automatically retrieves your credit score and driving record and returns a price quote based on the information you submitted.
This makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s also necessary to do this if you want to get the lowest payment possible.
In order to find out if lower rates are available, compare quotes from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you copy deductibles and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. This ensures you will receive comparison quotes using the same coverage and limits.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Honolulu, HI. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Volkswagen Eos insurance rate analysis
The coverage information shown below covers different insurance premium costs for Volkswagen Eos models. Being more informed about how insurance rates are established can be of help when making smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|EOS Komfort Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$222||$476||$300||$18||$90||$1,106||$92|
|EOS Luxury Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$222||$476||$300||$18||$90||$1,106||$92|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can change coverage rates substantially.
Cautious drivers save money
The diagram below illustrates how speeding tickets and accident claims impact Volkswagen Eos insurance costs for each different age category. The premiums assume a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Rate comparison of males versus females
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Volkswagen Eos auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no claims, a clean driving record, full coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The diagram below shows the difference between Volkswagen Eos insurance premiums with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Hawaii. The premiums assume no violations or claims, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no specific rule to stop paying for physical damage coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Volkswagen Eos book value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $8,000 after paying your deductible. If premium cost is more than $800 a year for full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping physical damage coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to carry full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Volkswagen Eos in Honolulu, paying for auto insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Eos with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will require that you have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Volkswagen at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your Volkswagen Eos. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. Unknowingly, the average driver is wasting up to $855 a year so compare rate quotes every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Smart Buyers Can Reduce Insurance Rates
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving record, although others are less obvious like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
Shown below are most of the major factors used by your company to calculate your premiums.
- Incidental coverages can add up – There are a lot of optional add-on coverages that can add up if you aren’t diligent. Insurance for coverage for rental cars, better glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage are probably not needed. The coverages may be enticing when talking to your agent, but if you don’t need them remove them and pocket the money.
- Prevent theft and save – Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Theft deterrent systems such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all aid in stopping car theft.
- Liability protection is peace of mind – Your policy’s liability coverage will afford coverage if you are responsible for an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Combining policies can get discounts – The majority of insurance companies give a discount for people that buy multiple policies in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you’re getting this discount you may still want to get quotes from other companies to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Getting married can lower prices – Having a spouse may save some money when shopping for insurance. Having a significant other usually means you are more stable financially and insurance companies like that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Volkswagen Eos claim data – Car insurance companies analyze past claim statistics to help calculate premium prices. Vehicles that the statistics show to have increased losses will have a higher premium rate. The information below illustrates the collected loss data for Volkswagen Eos vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, as an average, is considered to be 100. Values under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or statistically larger claims.
Volkswagen Eos Insurance Loss Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volkswagen Eos Convertible 88 77 78 76BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Honolulu auto insurance companies
Selecting the highest-rated auto insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many companies provide coverage in Hawaii. The rank data in the lists below may help you select which auto insurers to look at comparing rates with.
Top 10 Honolulu Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Farmers Insurance
Top 10 Honolulu Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
Affordable rates are available
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost.
Cheap Volkswagen Eos insurance in Honolulu can be sourced on the web and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not have online price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
Consumers leave their current company for many reasons like lack of trust in their agent, policy cancellation, unfair underwriting practices and delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Company Car in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota 4Runner in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Government Employees in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)