Paying for expensive Dodge Ram insurance in Honolulu can eat up your funds, especially in this economy.
Sad but true, the majority of drivers have been with the same company for four years or more, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never compared rates with other companies. With the average insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but most tend to underestimate the large savings they would see if they moved their coverage to a different company.
How to find lower priced Dodge Ram insurance in Honolulu
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get budget auto insurance rates in Honolulu is to regularly compare quotes from insurers in Hawaii.
First, try to understand how your policy works and the measures you can control to keep rates down. Many factors that drive up the price like accidents, traffic violations, and an imperfect credit history can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
Second, request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. View a list of agents
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
The key thing to remember is to make sure you enter identical deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get rate quotes from all possible companies. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
There is such a variety of car insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and even though it’s nice to have multiple companies, it can be more challenging to find the lowest cost provider for Dodge Ram insurance in Honolulu.
Get cheaper Dodge Ram insurance rates in Honolulu
Some providers don’t necessarily list all possible discounts very well, so we researched both the well known and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using when you buy Honolulu auto insurance online.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Seniors may be able to get a slight reduction on a Honolulu auto insurance quote.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Multi-line Discount – Larger insurance carriers have lower prices if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed in the military could mean lower premium rates.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings up to 30%.
- Sign Early and Save – Some larger companies reward drivers for switching to them before your current expiration date. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Smart Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Paper-free Discount – Certain larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks shop Honolulu auto insurance on the web.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same company they may give you a discount of up to 20% off your total Ram insurance premium.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that you could get a free insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Ram premium costs with and without discounts. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no claims or driving citations, Hawaii state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-policy, multi-car, claim-free, marriage, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Some of the insurance companies that may have many of the previously listed discounts include:
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in Honolulu. To see companies who offer online Dodge Ram insurance quotes in Honolulu, click here.
When looking for affordable Dodge Ram insurance quotes, there are a couple ways of comparing price quotes from different companies. The fastest way to find competitive Dodge Ram insurance rates consists of shopping online.
Comparing rate quotes online is fast and free, and it takes the place of having to spend your day driving to each insurance agency near you. Comparing online rate quotes has reduced the need for local agents unless you want the trained advice of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. It is possible with some companies comparison shop online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
Keep in mind that having more price comparisons helps improve the odds of finding better pricing. Not every company allows you to get Honolulu Ram insurance quotes online, so it’s important to compare quotes from those companies as well.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Hawaii. If several companies are displayed, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
Dodge Ram insurance statistics and information
The price information shown next showcases different insurance rates for Dodge Ram models. Having a good grasp of how insurance quotes are formulated is important for you to make smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$108||$174||$314||$18||$94||$708||$59|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$122||$212||$314||$18||$94||$760||$63|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$122||$212||$314||$18||$94||$760||$63|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$122||$212||$314||$18||$94||$760||$63|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$122||$212||$314||$18||$94||$760||$63|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$122||$212||$314||$18||$94||$760||$63|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$122||$212||$314||$18||$94||$760||$63|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$122||$212||$314||$18||$94||$760||$63|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$122||$212||$314||$18||$94||$760||$63|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$136||$250||$314||$18||$94||$812||$68|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$136||$250||$314||$18||$94||$812||$68|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$136||$250||$314||$18||$94||$812||$68|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$136||$250||$314||$18||$94||$812||$68|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$136||$250||$314||$18||$94||$812||$68|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$136||$250||$314||$18||$94||$812||$68|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$136||$250||$314||$18||$94||$812||$68|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$136||$250||$314||$18||$94||$812||$68|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$136||$250||$314||$18||$94||$812||$68|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$136||$288||$314||$18||$94||$850||$71|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$136||$288||$314||$18||$94||$850||$71|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in specific garaging location which can decrease or increase auto insurance rates significantly.
The chart below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can raise or lower Dodge Ram insurance costs for each different age category. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Dodge Ram insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The information is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There isn’t a steadfast formula to drop full coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Dodge Ram settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying in excess of $700 annually to have full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some conditions where dropping physical damage coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not opt for liability only.
How You Can Control Dodge Ram Insurance Costs
When buying insurance it’s important to understand the rating factors that are used to determine insurance rates. If you understand what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to lower premium levels.
- Liability insurance claims can be big – Your policy’s liability coverage is the protection if you are determined to be liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. It is affordable coverage compared to other policy coverages, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Can a thief steal your car? – Selecting a car model with an alarm system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can thwart car theft and help bring rates down.
- Small coverages can add up – Policies have extra coverages that may not really be needed but may not be useful. Coverages for personal injury protection, towing coverage, and membership fees are probably not needed. They may seem like a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but if you have no use for them think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Don’t cancel your insurance policy without a new one in place – Allowing your insurance policy to lapse can be a quick way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage could result in a license revocation or jail time.
- City traffic equals higher premiums – Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas is a good thing if you are looking for the lowest rates. People in densely populated areas tend to have traffic congestion and more time behind the wheel. Fewer drivers means fewer accidents.
Insurance agents near you
Some consumers still like to go talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is you can get lower rates and still have a local agent. And providing support for small agencies is important particularly in Honolulu.
After completing this simple form, your information gets sent to local insurance agents that can give you free Honolulu auto insurance quotes to get your business. You won’t need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Listed below is a short list of insurance companies in Honolulu that are able to give price quote information for Dodge Ram insurance in Honolulu.
Allstate Insurance: Valerie Nagaji
4211 Waialae Ave #8080 – Honolulu, HI 96816 – (808) 735-2841 – View Map
Suzette Rudolf Trehern – State Farm Insurance Agent
7192 Kalanianaole Hwy g210 – Honolulu, HI 96825 – (808) 395-3434 – View Map
Deciding on an provider should include more criteria than just a low price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
If you feel you receive answers to your satisfaction to your questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you may have found an insurance company that meets the requirements to adequately provide car insurance.
Best reasons to buy auto insurance in Hawaii
Even though Honolulu Ram insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle may be required for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your vehicle has a lienholder, most banks will require you to have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Dodge at a more expensive rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
Third, auto insurance preserves not only your car but also your assets. It also can pay for medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly when you have a large claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Honolulu is wasting up to $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates every year to ensure rates are inline.
Car insurance savings summarized
We just showed you many ideas to get a better price on Dodge Ram insurance in Honolulu. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies. Some small companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
Cheaper Dodge Ram insurance in Honolulu is available online and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who do not provide the ability to get quotes online and these regional insurance providers sell through independent insurance agencies.
How to buy discount Dodge Ram insurance in Honolulu
It takes a little time, but the best way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates in Honolulu is to annually compare prices from insurers who provide car insurance in Hawaii. You can compare rates by following these steps.
First, get a basic knowledge of car insurance and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as inattentive driving and a bad credit score can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Second, quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers. Find a Honolulu insurance agent
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good tip to remember is to try to use identical coverage information on every quote and and to get rates from every insurance company. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Additional detailed information can be read in the articles below:
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Active Military in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Explorer in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Lyft Drivers in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)