Do you want more affordable car insurance rates in Honolulu, HI? Honolulu drivers have lots of choices when trying to find the lowest priced Kia Stinger insurance. You can either waste hours struggling with agents trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to get rate quotes. There is a better way to shop for car insurance and you need to know the best way to quote coverages for a Kia and locate the cheapest rates from Honolulu insurance agents and online providers.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that almost 70% of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for more than four years, and just short of a majority have never shopped around. Many drivers in Hawaii can cut their rates by up to 40% a year by just shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the amount of money they would save if they switched.
Locating the best rates in Honolulu can be much easier if you know how to start. If you are already insured, you will most likely be able to get lower rates using the concepts you’re about to learn. Comparison shoppers just have to understand the most efficient way to compare prices using one simple form.
Most major insurance companies allow consumers to get pricing on their websites. Getting online quotes for Kia Stinger insurance in Honolulu is very simple as you just enter the amount of coverage you want as detailed in the form. When the form is submitted, their system gets credit information and your driving record and generates pricing information based on these factors.
This helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s necessary to perform this step in order to get a better rate.
In order to get comparison pricing now, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended that you enter your coverages identical to your current policy. This guarantees you’re receiving rate comparison quotes based on identical coverages.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer price comparisons in Honolulu, HI. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you get rates from several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Determine discounts to get cheap Honolulu insurance rates
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there are discounts available that you may not even know about. Certain reductions will be credited when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Paper-free Discount – Many larger companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy online.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Honolulu Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home in Honolulu can save a few bucks because maintaining a house means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Organization Discounts – Belonging to specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount when shopping for insurance.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Safe drivers could pay up to 40% less compared to accident prone drivers.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like you could get a free insurance policy, you aren’t that lucky. But any discount will cut the amount you pay for coverage.
A list of insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for good student, 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, safe driver, and driver training.
- State Farm offers discounts including good student, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, and passive restraint.
- Progressive has discounts for homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including economy car, new car, good payer, utility vehicle, passive restraint, 55 and retired, and defensive driver.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include defensive driving, business or organization, family plan, easy pay, Farm Bureau membership, anti-theft, and accident-free.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for defensive driver, claim-free, accident-free, good driver, and multi-policy.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies what discounts are available to you. Some discounts might not apply in Honolulu. To find companies who offer insurance discounts in Honolulu, click here to view.
How to find a good Honolulu auto insurance company
Choosing the highest-rated insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many companies provide coverage in Hawaii. The company rank data listed below may help you decide which providers you want to consider buying from.
Top 10 Honolulu Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
Top 10 Honolulu Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
Insurance Cost Influencing Factors
Lots of things are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, although some other factors are less obvious such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility. Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that play a part in calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
- Too many policy claims drive up rates – Auto insurance companies in Hawaii award lower rates to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can expect higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- Premiums are affected by your address – Residing in a small town can save you money when talking about car insurance. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accident claims in addition to lower liability claims.
- Rates are impacted by vehicle performance – The make and model of the car or truck you need to insure makes a big difference in how high your rates are. The lowest performance passenger vehicles generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Save by driving less – The higher the mileage driven every year the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that do not get driven very much receive lower rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Ask your agent if your car insurance policy is rated on the correct driver usage. Improper usage on your Stinger is throwing money out the window.
- Do you know you’re credit rating? – Having a bad credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining your rates. Therefore, if your credit rating could use some work, you could potentially save money when insuring your Kia Stinger by improving your rating. Insureds that have excellent credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with poor credit.