It’s safe to assume that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Insureds who shop around for better prices are very likely to buy a different policy because there is a good chance of finding discount prices. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who regularly shopped around saved an average of $865 a year compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on insurance is your objective, then having some insight into how to compare insurance can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
The recommended way to find better pricing on Land Rover LR2 insurance is to compare prices at least once a year from insurers who provide car insurance in Honolulu.
- Try to learn about car insurance and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many things that are responsible for high rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and bad credit can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company of your decision to cancel your current coverage and submit payment and a signed application to the new company. Be sure to put the certificate verifying proof of insurance in your glove compartment.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and the best rate selection.
The quickest way to get rate comparisons for Land Rover LR2 insurance in Honolulu is to understand car insurance companies allow for online access to quote your coverage. The only thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details like if your license is active, if it has an alarm system, what you do for a living, and the ages of drivers. That rating information is instantly provided to insurance carriers in your area and you get price estimates with very little delay.
To find lower cheaper Land Rover LR2 insurance rates now, click here and complete the form.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Hawaii. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insuring your Land Rover vehicle just makes sense
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Honolulu, buying car insurance is mandatory in Hawaii but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your LR2, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Land Rover at a significantly higher premium and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Land Rover LR2 but also your financial assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your LR2 definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. But the average driver in Hawaii is overpaying over $800 each year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Statistics and details
The premium information shown below showcases detailed analysis of policy rates for Land Rover LR2 models. Knowing how insurance policy premiums are calculated can aid in making smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|LR2 HSE Luxury||$278||$476||$270||$16||$80||$1,120||$93|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in your specific Honolulu location which can affect coverage prices significantly.
Impact of speeding/accidents on Honolulu insurance rates
The information below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault collisions can drive up Land Rover LR2 annual premium costs for different categories of driver ages. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Does full coverage make sense?
The information below shows the comparison of Land Rover LR2 car insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The information is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no written rule for eliminating full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Land Rover LR2 claim settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $5,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premiums are more than $500 a year for physical damage coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some situations where eliminating full coverage is not a good plan. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Save money on Land Rover LR2 insurance in Honolulu with these auto insurance discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain reductions will be credited when you quote, but a few need to be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying in monthly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Claim Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims are rewarded with significantly better rates on Honolulu car insurance quote when compared with bad drivers.
- Bundle and Save – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy and insure them both with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Online Discount – Certain auto insurance companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy on the web.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some larger companies reward drivers for switching to them before your current coverage expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Completing a course that instructs on driving safety could save 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles may allow you to get discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds that choose to allow driving data collection to scrutinize driving habits remotely such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may see discounts if they have good driving habits.
As a footnote on discounts, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Land Rover LR2 premium costs with and without some available policy discounts. The prices are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Hawaii state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
A few popular companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are shown below.
- GEICO may include discounts for good student, seat belt use, membership and employees, military active duty, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- USAA may have discounts that include new vehicle, multi-vehicle, safe driver, family discount, and defensive driver.
- Progressive offers discounts including continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- American Family includes discounts for good driver, TimeAway discount, air bags, mySafetyValet, early bird, bundled insurance, and accident-free.
- Esurance may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, DriveSense, defensive driver, paid-in-full, online shopper, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for multi-car, pay in full, homeowner, switch companies, and distant student.
- State Farm discounts include Drive Safe & Save, good driver, multiple autos, good student, and safe vehicle.
Before you buy a policy, ask all the companies what discounts are available to you. Some credits may not be offered in every state. To find companies that offer multiple discounts in Hawaii, follow this link.
Shop online but buy locally
Certain consumers prefer to buy from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Good agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheaper prices and still have an agent to talk to.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Honolulu that can provide free Honolulu car insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You don’t have to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best company should depend on more than just a cheap quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- How long has their agency been in business in Honolulu?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Does their agency support local causes in Honolulu?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Honolulu?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
If you’re trying to find a local insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Honolulu agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent. Both types of agents can write auto insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand how they differ because it can factor into the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide one company’s prices and examples are State Farm or Allstate. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so keep that in mind. They are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Drivers often buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the brand legacy rather than having low rates.
Listed below are Honolulu exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give price quote information.
- Cindy Perkins – State Farm Insurance Agent
1313 S Beretania St #100 – Honolulu, HI 96814 – (808) 593-8221 – View Map
- State Farm Insurance: Shelli Toguchi-Hadley
4510 Salt Lake Boulevard Unit D15 – Honolulu, HI 96818 – (808) 486-1111 – View Map
- Allstate: Honolulu Insurance Specialists
1370 N King St – Honolulu, HI 96817 – (808) 845-9026 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are not limited to a single company and that allows them to write policies through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing auto insurance rates, it’s a good idea to include rate quotes from independent agents for maximum quote selection. Many can place coverage with companies that do not advertise much that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below are Honolulu independent insurance agents that can give you comparison quotes.
- Rosten Y Tsuha Insurance Agency Inc
1350 S King St #303 – Honolulu, HI 96814 – (808) 591-5545 – View Map
- Dongbu Insurance
1440 Kapiolani Blvd # 950 – Honolulu, HI 96814 – (808) 942-5353 – View Map
- Island Insurance Hawaii
1022 Bethel St – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 643-4000 – View Map
There’s no such thing as the perfect auto insurance policy
Always keep in mind that when comparing insurance from an agent or online, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Does my Land Rover LR2 qualify for pleasure use?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- What is medical payments coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Hawaii auto insurance company ratings
Ending up with the right auto insurance provider is difficult considering how many companies there are to choose from in Honolulu. The company rank data shown next can help you pick which companies you want to consider when shopping around.
Top 10 Honolulu Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
Top 10 Honolulu Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
You can lower your insurance rates
Drivers who switch companies do it for many reasons like poor customer service, policy cancellation, extreme rates for teen drivers or even unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason, finding a new insurance company can be less work than you think.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, someone dropped full coverage to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
Low-cost Land Rover LR2 insurance in Honolulu can be purchased online as well as from independent agents in Honolulu, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent agencies.
To learn more, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Honolulu Car Insurance Quotes for Felons? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Honolulu Auto Insurance Rates for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Honolulu Auto Insurance for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)