It takes a little time, but the best way to find the cheapest price for car insurance rates in Honolulu is to start comparing prices regularly from companies in Hawaii. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about what is in your policy and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that increase rates such as traffic violations and an imperfect credit history can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new insurer. As soon as you have the new policy, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
A crucial key to this process is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Inconceivable but true, a large majority of auto insurance policyholders have been with the same company for at least four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never shopped around. With the average premium in Hawaii being $1,000, drivers can save $360 each year just by shopping around, but they don’t want to spend time to compare other rate quotes.
Save money with these price cutting discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list their entire list of discounts very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious savings tricks you should be using when you buy Honolulu car insurance online. If you are not receiving all the discounts you deserve, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Own a Home – Owning a house in Honolulu can help you save on car insurance since owning and maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Paperwork-free – Many larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy on the web.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
A quick disclaimer, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Larger car insurance companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- Farm Bureau has savings for driver training, multi-vehicle, good student, 55 and retired, multi-policy, and youthful driver.
- MetLife offers discounts for multi-policy, good student, claim-free, defensive driver, and accident-free.
- Progressive may include discounts for continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA includes discounts for anti-theft, good student, pay-in-full, multi-policy, education and occupation, and multi-car.
- American Family offers discounts including good driver, good student, mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, air bags, defensive driver, and accident-free.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for anti-theft, defensive driver, multi-policy, federal employee, five-year accident-free, and air bags.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, good driver, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, and safe vehicle.
If you need the cheapest Tesla Model S rate quotes, ask each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in Honolulu. For a list of car insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Honolulu, follow this link.
The majority of larger companies give prices for coverage from their websites. Doing online quotes for Tesla Model S insurance in Honolulu is very simple as you simply enter the coverages you want as requested by the quote form. When complete, their system orders reports for credit and driving violations and quotes a price based on these and other factors. Getting online rates for Tesla Model S insurance in Honolulu streamlines rate comparisons, and it is important to compare as many rates as possible in order to find affordable prices.
To get comparison pricing now, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you duplicate the insurance coverages just like they are on your policy. This way, you will receive a fair comparison based on similar coverages.
The following companies are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Hawaii. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Local Honolulu insurance agencies and auto insurance
A lot of people just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and we recommend doing that Most agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you can get the lowest rates but also keep your business local. Supporting local agents is important particularly in Honolulu.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the quote information is transmitted to insurance agents in Honolulu who want to provide quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your house because prices are sent immediately to you. If you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, just go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Not all car insurance agents are the same
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a reliable insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Auto insurance agents in Honolulu can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either type can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning why they differ since it could factor into buying decisions.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are not limited to a single company so they have the ability to put coverage through many different auto insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage and you stay with the same agent.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, we recommend you get some free quotes from a few independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Shown below is a partial list of independent agencies in Honolulu that may be able to give you free rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates like Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Honolulu that are able to give price quote information.
Herb Fujikawa – State Farm Insurance Agent
3538 Waialae Ave #205 – Honolulu, HI 96816 – (808) 732-1076 – View Map
Choosing a insurance agency should depend on more than just the quoted price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- What company do they have the most business with?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
Upon getting good answers to these questions and an acceptable price quote, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that meets your needs to service your policy.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
Affordable Tesla Model S insurance in Honolulu is attainable online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who may not have the ability to get a quote online and these smaller companies only sell through independent agents.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice full coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Other learning opportunities
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)