Nobody I know likes having to buy car insurance, especially when they are aware that the prices are way too high.
Astonishing but true, a large majority of drivers have bought car insurance from the same company for over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. Drivers in the U.S. can cut their rates by nearly $859 a year just by comparing rates, but they underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they replace their high priced policy.
Steps to buying cheaper Volvo S60 insurance in Honolulu
To save the most money, the best way to get discount Volvo S60 insurance is to annually compare prices from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Honolulu.
First, learn about how companies set rates and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that increase rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and a bad credit score can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article provides more details to help keep prices low and get additional discounts.
Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from many different companies. Select a company
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper S60 coverage is available in Honolulu. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to try to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to analyze as many different companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
You have multiple car insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and although it’s nice to have multiple companies, lots of choices makes it harder to get the best deal for Volvo S60 insurance in Honolulu.
It is always a good idea to get comparison quotes as often as possible because car insurance prices change quite often. Even if you got the lowest quotes on Volvo S60 insurance in Honolulu a few years ago you may be paying too much now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the quickest way to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Volvo S60 insurance in Honolulu.
Buying affordable car insurance in Honolulu is much easier if you know where to start. If you have a current car insurance policy, you will definitely be able to cut your premiums using the techniques covered below. Shoppers just have to use the tricks to shop their coverage around from multiple carriers.
The providers in the list below can provide quotes in Hawaii. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to find the most affordable rates.
Auto insurance just makes sense
Even though Honolulu S60 insurance rates can get expensive, paying for auto insurance serves several important purposes.
First, most states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your car, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Volvo at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for it.
Third, auto insurance protects not only your Volvo S60 but also your assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying auto insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average driver in Hawaii is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so you should quote rates at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Affordable Volvo S60 insurance rates in Honolulu
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise every discount in an easy-to-find place, so we break down a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that may apply to you.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save up to 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Good Grades Discount – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- College Student – Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and leave their car at home may qualify for this discount.
- Claim Free – Honolulu drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts in comparison with bad drivers.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory options such as air bags can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Military Rewards – Being on active deployment in the military could be rewarded with lower car insurance rates.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking time to complete a class that teaches safe driver techniques may get you a small discount depending on where you live.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Policyholders that allow data collection to look at where and when they drive by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a house in Honolulu can get you a discount because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
As a footnote on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurers that offer discounts in Honolulu, click this link.
Getting quotes from local Honolulu auto insurance agents
Some consumers would rather get advice from a local agent and that is a personal choice. Licensed agents will help you protect your assets and help submit paperwork. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheap car insurance rates but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, the coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Honolulu that can give you free Honolulu auto insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. If you have a need to compare rates from a particular provider, feel free to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best provider should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Hawaii?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
If you want to buy car insurance from a local agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they function. Honolulu agents may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types of agents can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it’s good to learn the difference in the companies they write for because it can factor into your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only place business with one company such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are usually well trained on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Honolulu willing to provide rate quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they can quote policies through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If premiums increase, your policy is moved internally which requires no work on your part.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you will want to include several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Honolulu that are able to give price quotes.
How to find a good Hawaii car insurance company
Selecting the top auto insurance provider is hard considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Honolulu. The company information displayed below could help you decide which companies to look at when looking for cheaper rates.
Top 10 Honolulu Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- The Hartford
- Farmers Insurance
Top 10 Honolulu Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- AAA Insurance – A
- Liberty Mutual – A
Compare car insurance rates regularly to save
Cheap Volvo S60 insurance in Honolulu is attainable both online as well as from independent agents in Honolulu, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not have price quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
When getting Honolulu auto insurance quotes online, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed full coverage only to discover later that they should have had better coverage. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Steps to buying lower priced Volvo S60 insurance in Honolulu
The most effective way to find the cheapest price for car insurance rates is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from providers in Honolulu. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- Take a little time to learn about how companies set rates and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many things that increase rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a negative credit history can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple sources. View a list of agents
- Compare the new rates to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find better rates and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important part of this process is that you use identical limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get quotes from every company you can. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Additional detailed information can be read by following these links:
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)