Unbelievably, nearly 70% of customers have been with the same company for four years or more, and nearly the majority have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Consumers in Hawaii could save an average of almost 40% each year just by comparing rates, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to go online and compare rates.
Truthfully, the best way to get discount auto insurance rates in Honolulu is to start doing a yearly price comparison from different companies who can sell car insurance in Hawaii. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- Read about the different coverages in a policy and the things you can change to lower rates. Many risk factors that cause rate increases like multiple speeding tickets and a less-than-favorable credit score can be improved by paying attention to minor details.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new agent or company. As soon as coverage is bound, store the proof of insurance paperwork along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The critical component of shopping around is to use similar coverage information on every quote and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. This enables a fair price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Best Audi TT RS insurance rate quotes in Hawaii
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Honolulu, HI. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
Insurance discounts are available to lower rates
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down some of the more common as well as the least known ways to save on insurance.
- No Charge for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate permit an accident without raising rates with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a set time period.
- Student Discounts – Excelling in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay less when compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy with the same company you will save nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper TT RS insurance.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Drive Less and Save – Low annual miles can qualify you for lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can get you a discount because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- ABS Brakes – Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some companies give lower insurance rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for a discount up to 10%.
As is typical with insurance, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But any discount will definitely reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
To find companies with the best discounts in Hawaii, follow this link.
Different people need different auto insurance coverages
When quoting and choosing the best auto insurance coverage, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Compare prices but work with a local Honolulu insurance agent
Some people just prefer to have an agent’s advice and often times that is recommended The best thing about getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your information gets sent to insurance agents in Honolulu who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered directly to you. You can get cheaper insurance rates without a big time investment. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurer needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Honolulu?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Honolulu?
When finding an insurance agent, there are two types of agencies from which to choose. Insurance agents can either be independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers frequently use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the prominence of the brand and strong financial ratings.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Honolulu willing to provide price quotes.
- Cynthia Leiko Frost – State Farm Insurance Agent
2038 S King St – Honolulu, HI 96826 – (808) 952-5353 – View Map
- Tina Tay – State Farm Insurance Agent
3615 Harding Ave Ste 303 – Honolulu, HI 96816 – (808) 394-5433 – View Map
- Scott Saito – State Farm Insurance Agent
1150 S King St #901d – Honolulu, HI 96814 – (808) 946-8464 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are normally appointed by many insurers and that is an advantage because they can write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will definitely want to include price quotes from several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Many independent agencies also insure through companies you’ve never heard of which could offer lower prices.
Listed below are independent agents in Honolulu that can give you price quote information.
- John H Connors Insurance
500 Ala Moana Blvd # 2303 – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 534-7300 – View Map
- Royal State National Insurance Company
819 S Beretania St – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 539-1600 – View Map
- Atlas Insurance
1132 Bishop St #1600 – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 533-8728 – View Map
Best car insurance in Hawaii
Selecting a highly-rated company can be rather challenging considering how many choices you have in Hawaii. The ranking data in the lists below could help you decide which auto insurance companies you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Honolulu Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
Insurance coverage considerations
Understanding the coverages of a insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. These are the normal coverages available from insurance companies.
Liability insurance can cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property that is your fault. It protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 20/40/10 that means you have $20,000 bodily injury coverage, $40,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as court costs, emergency aid and repair costs for stationary objects. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but buy higher limits if possible. Hawaii state minimum liability requirements are 20/40/10 but it’s recommended drivers buy more coverage.
The illustration below shows why buying low liability limits may not be enough coverage.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This coverage provides protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many Hawaii drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 20/40/10), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Medical expense coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses like doctor visits, surgery, hospital visits, EMT expenses and ambulance fees. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things such as sideswiping another vehicle, scraping a guard rail and hitting a mailbox. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible on your TT RS to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as a broken windshield, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hail damage, rock chips in glass and damage from getting keyed. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
More effort can pay off
In this article, we presented many tips how you can get a better price on Audi TT RS insurance in Honolulu. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates are with the least-expected company. Smaller companies can often provide lower prices in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
When getting Honolulu auto insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
For more information, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Honolulu Auto Insurance for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)