Are you looking for low-cost auto insurance rates in Honolulu, HI? Honolulu buyers have a choice when searching for the lowest priced Mazda 2 insurance. You can either waste hours driving around getting price quotes or use the internet to compare rates. There is a better way to buy auto insurance so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to quote coverages on a Mazda and find the cheapest rates from Honolulu insurance agents and online providers.
It’s shocking but almost 70% of insureds in Hawaii have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and 38% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. Many drivers in the United States can cut their rates by up to 47% a year just by shopping around, but most undervalue the amount of savings they would get if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Locating the best rates in Honolulu is quite easy. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to cut your premiums using these techniques. Consumers only have to learn the quickest method to find the lowest price from many companies at once.
The fastest way that we advise to compare insurance rates in your area is to understand most insurance companies allow for online access to quote your coverage. The only thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information like if a SR-22 is needed, if the vehicle is leased, how old drivers are, and an estimate of your credit level. Your insurance information is instantly provided to multiple companies and you will get price comparisons within a short period of time.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and complete the form.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Hawaii. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance quotes and discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there are discounts available to help bring down the price. Certain reductions will be credited when you get a quote, but a few need to be asked for before you get the savings.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a deployed family member could mean lower premium rates.
- Federal Employees – Federal government employees could qualify for a slight premium decrease but check with your company.
- Student Discounts – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings as much as 30%.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Distant College Student Discount – Kids who are attending college without a vehicle on campus may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
As is typical with insurance, some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren’t that lucky.
Larger auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are outlined below.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include vehicle fuel type, air bag, bundle, driver training, defensive driver, anti-theft, and good student.
- American Family offers discounts for good driver, TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, good student, bundled insurance, accident-free, and defensive driver.
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- Travelers has discounts for early quote, multi-policy, driver training, student away at school, new car, and home ownership.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for youthful driver, mature driver, multi-car, alternative fuel, good student, and pay in full.
- USAA offers premium reductions for military installation, safe driver, loyalty savings, family discount, driver training, multi-policy, and defensive driver.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for good student, multi-car, new move discount, new graduate, safety features, and hybrid vehicle.
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not be offered in Honolulu. To find companies that offer many of these discounts in Honolulu, follow this link.
Insurance in Hawaii serves several purposes
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Honolulu, insurance is required by state law in Hawaii and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Mazda, most banks will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Mazda at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance preserves not only your Mazda but also your assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays more than $855 a year so it’s important to compare rates at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that
These are some specific questions could help you determine if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Is my Mazda 2 covered for smoke damage?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
You may want advice from an insurance agency
A lot of people still prefer to talk to a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Licensed agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. A good thing about price shopping on the web is that you can obtain the best rates and also buy local.
After completing this simple form, your information is transmitted to insurance agents in Honolulu that provide free Honolulu car insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won’t even need to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. If you want to compare rates from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best provider requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Honolulu?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Honolulu?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Honolulu for you
When finding a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Honolulu agents may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either can properly insure your vehicles, but it is a good idea to know the difference in how they write coverage because it can factor into the selection process.
Agents of this type can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers often buy from exclusive agents partially due to high brand loyalty and strong financial ratings.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Honolulu willing to provide rate quotes.
- Tina Tay – State Farm Insurance Agent
3615 Harding Ave Ste 303 – Honolulu, HI 96816 – (808) 394-5433 – View Map
- Gwenette Higa – State Farm Insurance Agent
841 Bishop St #203 – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 531-9918 – View Map
- Jef Saragena – State Farm Insurance Agent
677 Ala Moana Blvd Ste 310 – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 951-0866 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel are normally appointed by many insurers and that allows them to write policies with many different companies and get you the best rates possible. If premiums increase, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get some free quotes from a few independent agents in order to compare the most rates. They also have the ability to place coverage with small mutual carriers which may provide better rates.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Honolulu that can give you price quote information.
- Pyramid Insurance Center Ltd
420 Waiakamilo Rd – Honolulu, HI 96817 – (808) 527-7667 – View Map
- Rosten Y Tsuha Insurance Agency Inc
1350 S King St #303 – Honolulu, HI 96814 – (808) 591-5545 – View Map
- First Insurance Co of Hawaii Limited
1100 Ward Ave # Main, Honolulu, HI 96814, Honolulu, 96818 – Honolulu, HI 96818 – (808) 527-7777 – View Map