Trying to find low-cost insurance for a Chevy Bolt in Hawaii can turn out to be an all-consuming task, but you can follow our auto insurance buying tips to make it easier.
There is a right way and a wrong way to find auto insurance online and you need to know the quickest way to compare rates for your Chevy and get the lowest price.
Unthinkable but true, nearly 70% of drivers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and just under half have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. With the average premium in Hawaii being $960, drivers can cut their rates by up to $356 a year just by comparing rates, but they assume it’s a waste of time to compare rates and save money.
You need to compare prices before your next renewal because prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest price on Chevy Bolt insurance in Honolulu a couple years back the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. Don’t believe everything you read about Bolt insurance on the internet, but you can learn some excellent ideas to reduce your auto insurance bill.
Insurance Premium Influencing Factors
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this enables informed choices that could help you find lower premium levels.
Can a thief steal your car? – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Advanced theft deterrents such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems help track and prevent vehicle theft.
Better insurance rates on safer vehicles – Vehicles that have high safety ratings cost less to insure. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer serious injuries means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates.
More people means more accidents – Residing in less populated areas of the country may provide you with better prices when insuring your vehicles. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accident claims as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Residents of big cities tend to have congested traffic and a longer drive to work. More time on the road means more chance of being in an accident.
Incidental coverages you don’t need – Insurance companies have many additional extra coverages you can purchase when buying insurance. Coverages for rental car coverage, accidental death, and extra equipment coverage are some examples. They may sound like good ideas when you first buy your policy, but now you might not need them so get rid of them and save.
Lower stress equals lower premiums – Occupations such as fire fighters, police officers, and dentists usually pay higher premium rates due to high stress levels and long work hours. Other occupations like actors, students and retirees have the lowest average rates.
High coverage deductibles cost less – Insurance for physical damage to your car, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your Chevy. Some instances where coverage would apply are collision with another vehicle, vandalism, and burglary. Physical damage deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. The more money the insured is willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
Filing claims can cost more – Insurance companies in Hawaii generally give most affordable rates to people who file claims infrequently. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Verify you’re applying every discount
Auto insurance is expensive, but there are discounts available to cut the cost considerably. Certain credits will be shown when you get a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Honolulu car insurance quote when compared with bad drivers.
- Professional Organizations – Being in a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on auto insurance.
- Own a Home – Just being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could save 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Distant Student – College-age children who are attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10% off your Honolulu car insurance quote.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can combine your home and auto policy and place coverage with the same company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. Any qualifying discounts will cut your overall bill.
The best auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for continuous coverage, homeowner, online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for electronic funds transfer, alternative fuel, pay in full, good student, youthful driver, distant student, and switch companies.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including multi-policy, driver training, youthful driver, safe driver, and good student.
- State Farm includes discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, multiple policy, driver’s education, and good driver.
- GEICO has discounts for five-year accident-free, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, federal employee, seat belt use, and membership and employees.
- SAFECO has savings for drive less, accident prevention training, homeowner, anti-theft, teen safety rewards, and multi-car.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include preferred payment discount, new graduate, newly retired, exclusive group savings, hybrid vehicle, teen driver discount, and safety features.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some credits may not apply to policyholders in Honolulu.
Cheaper auto insurance premiums are possible
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
We covered quite a bit of information on how to lower your Chevy Bolt insurance prices in Honolulu. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Honolulu car insurance, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a small mutual company. These smaller insurers can often provide lower rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
Cost effective Chevy Bolt insurance can be bought from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers may not have rates over the internet and usually these smaller companies work with independent insurance agents.
How to find affordable quotes for Chevy Bolt insurance in Honolulu
The easiest way to get discount Chevy Bolt insurance in Honolulu is to compare prices once a year from providers who sell insurance in Hawaii.
- Try to learn a little about what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like your driving record and a bad credit score can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing policy to see if cheaper Bolt coverage is available in Honolulu. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One bit of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical deductibles and limits on every price quote and to quote with every company you can. This ensures a fair price comparison and many rates to choose from.
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Who Has Affordable Honolulu Auto Insurance Rates for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Teenage Males in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for 4×4 Vehicles in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)