The easiest way to save money on auto insurance rates in Honolulu is to regularly compare prices from insurers who provide car insurance in Hawaii.
- Step 1: Get an understanding of how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like your driving record and an imperfect credit score can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Read the full article for additional tips to get cheaper coverage and find overlooked discounts.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on GS F insurance. If you can save money, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to the new company. As soon as you receive it, put the new proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The critical component of shopping around is to make sure you enter identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
Unbelievable but true according to a study the vast majority of consumers in Hawaii kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,847, U.S. drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just shopping around, but most tend to underestimate how much money they would save if they changed companies.
Auto insurance providers offering cheap price quotes in Hawaii
The companies shown below offer price quotes in Hawaii. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Get cheaper rates on Lexus GS F insurance in Honolulu with these auto insurance discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not even be aware of. Many discounts should be triggered at the time you complete a quote, but some discounts are required to be manually applied prior to getting the savings. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Membership in Organizations – Belonging to a professional or civic organization is a simple method to lower premiums on your next auto insurance statement.
- Discount for Good Grades – Being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents have much lower rates as opposed to drivers with a long claim history.
- Early Signing – Some companies provide a discount for switching to them before your current coverage expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds that choose to allow data collection to analyze when and where they use their vehicle by installing a telematics device like Allstate’s Drivewise could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car instead of a used GS F can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a class that teaches safe driver techniques could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Employee of Federal Government – Federal government employees can save as much as 8% with some auto insurance companies.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren’t that lucky.
Car insurance companies that have these benefits may include but are not limited to:
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company which discounts they offer. Some credits might not be offered on policies in Honolulu. If you would like to see a list of providers that offer the discounts shown above in Honolulu, click here.
Informed Consumers Can Save Money
Lots of factors are used when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but others are more obscure such as your marital status or your commute time.
Listed below are a few of the “ingredients” used by companies to determine your rate level.
- Obey driving laws and save – Your driving citation history has a big impact on rates. Getting just one speeding ticket can increase the cost of insurance by as much as thirty percent. Careful drivers pay lower auto insurance prices compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have careless violations like DUI or willful reckless driving may find they need to complete a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Prices increase with policy add-ons – There are quite a few extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time if you aren’t diligent. Coverage for things like rental car coverage, towing, and term life insurance could be just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea at first, but your needs may have changed so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Pleasure use or commuting – The more you drive in a year the higher your rates will be. A lot of companies rate vehicles based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Autos that are left in the garage receive better premium rates than those used for commuting. Double check that your declarations sheet reflects the proper vehicle usage. An incorrectly rated GS F may be wasting your money.
- High premiums for teen drivers – Teen drivers in Hawaii are statistically proven to get distracted easily with other occupants in the car so they pay higher insurance rates. If you’ve ever had to add a teenage driver onto your insurance can cause a big jump in price. Older, more experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and receive fewer citations.
- Women pay lower rates – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women tend to be less risk to insure than men. The data does not necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Both genders cause accidents at about the same rate, but the males have accidents that have higher claims. Not only that, but men also get ticketed for serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore pay the highest rates.
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are unique to you.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- How high should deductibles be on a Lexus GS F?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Local Honolulu insurance agents
Certain consumers just want to go talk to an agent and that is OK! An additional benefit of comparing insurance online is that you can obtain lower rates but also keep your business local. And buying from local insurance agents is important especially in Honolulu.
By using this form (opens in new window), your information is submitted to insurance agents in Honolulu that can give you free Honolulu car insurance quotes for your business. You never need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. You can find the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance provider, you would need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
The type of car insurance agent you choose is important
If you are searching for local Honolulu agents, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Agents are either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents often have many company appointments and that is an advantage because they can write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your policy is moved internally which is easy for the insured.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you will want to contact at a minimum one independent agency to have the best price comparison. Most can insure with small mutual carriers that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below are independent agencies in Honolulu that may be able to give price quotes.
- Anita Butay Diniega
1088 Bishop St #2210 – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 841-5915 – View Map
- First Insurance Co of Hawaii Limited
1100 Ward Ave # Main, Honolulu, HI 96814, Honolulu, 96818 – Honolulu, HI 96818 – (808) 527-7777 – View Map
- Dongbu Insurance
1440 Kapiolani Blvd # 950 – Honolulu, HI 96814 – (808) 942-5353 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies generally can only insure with one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are well schooled on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some consumers prefer to buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the brand rather than low price.
Below are exclusive agencies in Honolulu that can give you comparison quotes.
- Ryan Miyashita – State Farm Insurance Agent
1580 Makaloa St #102 – Honolulu, HI 96814 – (808) 945-0802 – View Map
- Allstate: Honolulu Insurance Specialists
1370 N King St – Honolulu, HI 96817 – (808) 845-9026 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Dan Y.W. Au Hoy
931 University Ave Ste 108 – Honolulu, HI 96826 – (808) 944-1854 – View Map
Choosing a insurance agency shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Where would glass claims be handled in Honolulu?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Hawaii?
- Does their agency support local causes in Honolulu?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can compare Lexus GS F insurance prices in Honolulu. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Honolulu car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best prices are with a lesser-known regional company.
As you quote Honolulu car insurance, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, someone sacrificed collision coverage only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as delays in responding to claim requests, being labeled a high risk driver, lack of trust in their agent and even delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
To learn more, link through to these articles:
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Who Has Cheap Honolulu Auto Insurance Quotes for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Honolulu Car Insurance for Teachers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for High School Students in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda CR-V in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Honolulu Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Honolulu Car Insurance Rates for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Honolulu Auto Insurance Rates for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)