Locating low-cost insurance for your Saturn Ion in Hawaii can be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our insurance buying tips to find lower rates.
There are more efficient ways to find insurance online so you’re going to learn the absolute fastest way to compare rates for your Saturn and find the lowest price from both online companies and Honolulu agents.
You need to get comparison quotes before your next renewal because insurance prices tend to go up over time. Just because you had the lowest price on Saturn Ion insurance in Honolulu two years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you’re about to learn one of the quickest ways to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
If you are insured now or are looking for a new policy, you will benefit by learning to buy cheaper insurance without reducing protection. Shopping around for more affordable coverage in Honolulu is not as difficult as people think. Shoppers just have to know the proper way to compare insurance rates instantly.
Companies offering Saturn Ion insurance in Hawaii
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in Honolulu, HI. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Lower rate quotes by taking advantage of discounts
Some insurance providers don’t always list every available discount very clearly, so the below list has both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious ways to save on insurance. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you could be getting lower rates.
- Honolulu Homeowners Discount – Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings because it means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes have fewer accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow driving data collection to study their driving habits by installing a telematics device like Allstate’s Drivewise may see discounts if they show good driving skills.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off with select insurance companies.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying insurance on a new vehicle can get you a discount due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you have multiple policies with the same company you could get a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
A quick disclaimer, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works.
A few popular companies and some of the discounts include:
- GEICO includes discounts for military active duty, multi-vehicle, anti-theft, driver training, federal employee, air bags, and multi-policy.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for good student, group or association, company car, paid in full, air bags, and mature driver.
- American Family may have discounts that include mySafetyValet, early bird, accident-free, defensive driver, and Steer into Savings.
- Esurance discounts include safety device, good student, emergency road assistance, good driver, and homeowner.
- Progressive may offer discounts for good student, online signing, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- State Farm offers discounts including accident-free, passive restraint, anti-theft, multiple policy, driver’s education, and student away at school.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, multi-car, multi-policy, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, and good student.
Double check with each company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts listed above might not apply in Honolulu.
It’s not one size fits all
When quoting and choosing insurance from an agent or online, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Your situation is unique and your auto insurance should unique, too. Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Hawaii minimum liability coverage?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Comparing quotes from local Honolulu insurance agents
Some people would prefer to talk to an insurance agent. Most agents can help you build your policy and help you file claims. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is you can get the lowest rates and also buy local. And buying from local agents is important particularly in Honolulu.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents that can provide free Honolulu auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
If you want to buy car insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, you should know the different types of agents and how they work. Car insurance agencies can be classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either type can sell affordable car insurance policies, but we need to point out why they differ since it may influence the type of agent you choose.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent do not work for one specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If premiums increase, they simply move your policy to a different company which is easy for the insured.
When comparing rates, we recommend you get several quotes from independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Most also write with small regional insurance companies which can save you money.
Below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Honolulu that may be able to give you rate quotes.
- Dongbu Insurance
1440 Kapiolani Blvd # 950 – Honolulu, HI 96814 – (808) 942-5353 – View Map
- Cornerstones Financial and Insurance Agency
250 Ward Ave #220 – Honolulu, HI 96814 – (808) 626-5068 – View Map
- Rosten Y Tsuha Insurance Agency Inc
1350 S King St #303 – Honolulu, HI 96814 – (808) 591-5545 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide pricing for a single company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on what they offer which can be an advantage. Some consumers prefer to buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Honolulu that can give you price quote information.
- Kaina Kauahi – State Farm Insurance Agent
560 N Nimitz Hwy #217f – Honolulu, HI 96817 – (808) 524-9997 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance Hawaii
Six Waterfront Plaza 3rd Floor, 500 Ala Moana Blvd – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 533-2444 – View Map
- Suzette Rudolf Trehern – State Farm Insurance Agent
7192 Kalanianaole Hwy g210 – Honolulu, HI 96825 – (808) 395-3434 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency requires more thought than just a cheap quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Hawaii?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
Shop around and save
While you’re price shopping online, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
We covered some good ideas how to save on Saturn Ion insurance in Honolulu. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower car insurance rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
The cheapest Saturn Ion insurance in Honolulu can be purchased on the web and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some auto insurance companies may not offer online rate quotes and usually these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
How to find the cheapest rates for Saturn Ion insurance in Honolulu
The most effective way to get low-cost Saturn Ion insurance is to do an annual price comparison from different companies in Honolulu. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- Get a basic knowledge of the coverage provided by your policy and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that increase rates such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a low credit rating can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from many different companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Tell your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new insurance company. As soon as coverage is bound, keep the new proof of insurance certificate along with your vehicle registration.
An important part of this process is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on every quote and and to look at as many different companies as possible. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Other learning opportunities
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for State Employees in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Honolulu Auto Insurance for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)