Locating the cheapest insurance for a new or used Tesla Model X in Hawaii can turn out to be difficult, but you can follow the following methods to make it easier. There is a right way and a wrong way to find car insurance online so you’re going to learn the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage on a Tesla and locate the lowest price.
It’s an obvious conclusion that insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Insureds who shop around for a cheaper policy will presumably move their business because there is a high probability of finding lower prices. A recent survey revealed that drivers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved about $850 each year as compared to drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the most affordable Tesla Model X insurance in Honolulu is the reason for your visit, learning how to find and compare auto insurance can make it easier for you to save money.
If you’re already insured or just want a better rate, use these money-saving tips to reduce premiums without sacrificing coverage. Getting quotes for affordable auto insurance in Honolulu can be fairly easy. Drivers just need to learn the most time-saving way to get comparison rates online.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Hawaii. If multiple companies are shown, it’s highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Car insurance quotes and discounts
Some companies don’t necessarily list every discount they offer in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious ways to save on car insurance.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% but check with your company.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Tesla can earn slightly better rates than normal.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just owning your own home can get you a discount because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not really a discount, but some companies like Progressive and Allstate will allow you to have one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Options like air bags could see savings of up to 25% or more.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a new Model X is cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Driver Safety – Taking a safe driver course can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- ABS Braking Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
Discounts lower rates, but many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride.
A few companies that may offer quotes with some of the discounts shown above possibly include:
It’s a good idea to ask all the companies which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders in every state. If you would like to see a list of insurers who offer cheap Tesla Model X insurance quotes in Hawaii, click here.
Buying auto insurance from Honolulu car insurance agents
Many people still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and often times that is recommended Licensed agents are very good at helping people manage risk and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is you can get cheap rate quotes and also buy local.
By using this quick form, your insurance data gets sent to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, just find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting a company should depend on more than just the price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- What companies can they write with?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Honolulu?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
Listed below are Honolulu car insurance companies that may be willing to give comparison quotes for Tesla Model X insurance in Honolulu.
- Cavanah Associates, Inc.
1100 Alakea St #2600 – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 537-1970 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Erick Ellgren
1806 S King St Ste 32 – Honolulu, HI 96826 – (808) 941-2886 – View Map
- Cynthia Leiko Frost – State Farm Insurance Agent
2038 S King St – Honolulu, HI 96826 – (808) 952-5353 – View Map
- U’ilani Hawelu – State Farm Insurance Agent
1960 Kapiolani Blvd Ste 208 – Honolulu, HI 96826 – (808) 955-9090 – View Map
Once you have good responses to these questions and a low price estimate, you have narrowed it down to a company that meets your needs to properly service your auto insurance policy. Just understand that policyholders can cancel a policy at any time so never feel that you’re stuck with any specific agency for the entire policy term.
Car insurance can get complicated
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Hawaii?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Informed Drivers Know How to Buy Insurance for Less
Lots of things are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, but others are not quite as obvious like where you live and annual miles driven. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that play a part in calculating insurance rates. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you better insurance rates.
The itemized list below are some of the factors insurance companies consider when setting rates.
Getting married can lower costs – Having a wife or husband may cut your premiums on your policy. It translates into being more mature and responsible and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Eliminate unneeded extra policy coverages – There are quite a few add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying but may not be useful. Coverages for coverage for rental cars, high-cost glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage may be costing you every month. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but your needs may have changed so remove them from your policy.
Rates impacted by vehicle usage – The more you drive your Tesla each year the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies calculate rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos not used for work or commuting receive lower rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. It’s a good idea to make sure your insurance policy shows the correct usage, because it can save money. Having the wrong rating on your Model X may be costing you.
Type of vehicle determines base prices – The make and model of the vehicle you are insuring makes a significant difference in your auto insurance rates. Lower performance four cylinder passenger models generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
Insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the potentially high cost of Tesla Model X insurance, insuring your vehicle serves several important purposes.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, most banks will have a requirement that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Tesla at a much higher rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves your car and your assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. As of last year, the average driver in Hawaii is overpaying more than $865 each year so it’s recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Find cheaper rates by being thorough
You just read some good ideas how you can get a better price on Tesla Model X insurance in Honolulu. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Honolulu auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from a small mutual company. Regional companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
As you shop your coverage around, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to find out that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost.
How to find the cheapest rates for Tesla Model X insurance in Honolulu
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get more affordable auto insurance rates in Honolulu is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurers that insure vehicles in Hawaii.
- First, try to understand how insurance companies determine prices and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many factors that cause high rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and an unacceptable credit rating can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Click to view companies
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to see if cheaper Model X coverage is available in Honolulu. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, notify your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new agent or company. Once coverage is bound, store the certificate of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
A key point to remember is to use similar coverage information on each quote and to quote with as many different companies as possible. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
More tips and info about insurance can be read by following these links:
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60 in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Honolulu Auto Insurance Rates for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Honolulu Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Good Students in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)