If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to save money on Volvo V90 insurance in Honolulu is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from companies who can sell car insurance in Hawaii. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- Try to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many things that result in higher rates like traffic citations, accidents, and a poor credit score can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Later in this article we will cover information to prevent rate hikes and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Compare rates
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to try to use similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and to quote with as many different companies as possible. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
We don’t have to tell you that insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Consumers who shop around once a year are inclined to buy a new policy because of the high probability of finding discount prices. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who routinely compared quotes saved approximately $850 each year compared to policyholders who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If saving money on auto insurance in Honolulu is the reason you’re reading this, then having a good understanding how to find companies and compare insurance can help you be more efficient.
Most of the larger companies allow you to get pricing online. Doing online price comparisons for Volvo V90 insurance in Honolulu is pretty painless as you simply enter your coverage information into the form. When the form is submitted, their quoting system automatically orders credit information and your driving record and gives you a price quote based on the data you entered.
Being able to quote online for Volvo V90 insurance in Honolulu helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s very important to have as many quotes as possible in order to find the most affordable premium possible.
To save time and use this form to compare rates, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you complete the form with the coverage information identical to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will get an apples-to-apples comparison for the exact same coverage.
The following companies provide price quotes in Hawaii. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them to get the cheapest price.
Get cheaper rates by getting discounts
Some providers don’t list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has both well-publicized and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Honolulu auto insurance online.
- Multi-line Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a lower premium rate if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Telematics Data – Honolulu drivers who agree to allow driving data collection to analyze driving manner by using a telematic data system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive may get a rate reduction if they have good driving habits.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some insurance companies give discounts for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current V90 insurance policy. You may see this discount when you get Honolulu auto insurance quotes online.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles have a lower chance of being stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Honolulu auto insurance quote.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction depending on your company.
- Senior Citizens – Seniors can possibly qualify for reduced rates.
As a sidenote, most credits do not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer these money-saving discounts may include but are not limited to:
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company how you can save money. Some discounts might not apply in Honolulu.
The Volvo V90 Insurance Price Equation
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing some of the factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for insurance. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs. Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are more transparent like your continuous coverage or your commute time.
The following are a partial list of the pieces that factor into your rate level.
Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – Most companies provide a discount to insureds who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even with this discount applied, it’s in your best interest to check prices from other companies to help guarantee you have the best rates.
How much liability insurance – The liability section of your policy is the protection if ever you are ruled to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. This coverage provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. It is affordable coverage compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
Add-on coverages are wasting money – Insurance companies have many additional coverages that you can buy but may not be useful. Insurance for things like replacement cost coverage, towing coverage, and motor club memberships are probably not needed. These may sound like a good investment at first, but if you have no use for them remove them from your policy.
Insurance rates in urban areas – Having an address in a small town has definite advantages when talking about insurance. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accidents. City drivers have more traffic problems and longer commutes to work. The longer drive time means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
Save money by raising physical damage deductibles – Comp and collision deductibles represent how much money the insured will be required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage protection, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of covered claims would be colliding with a stationary object, hail damage, and damage from wind. The more money you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Gals pay lower premiums – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men are responsible for accidents in similar numbers, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also tend to get cited for more serious violations like DUI and reckless driving.
Married drivers get cheaper costs – Getting married may save some money on insurance. Having a significant other translates into being more mature than a single person and insurance companies reward insureds because married couples file fewer claims.
Drive fewer miles and save – Driving more miles each year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most companies calculate prices based upon how much you drive. Cars that sit idle most of the time receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. Verify your insurance policy shows annual mileage. An incorrectly rated V90 may be costing you.
Auto insurance is available from local agents
A small number of people just want to visit with an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get better rates and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agents is still important in Honolulu.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Honolulu who will return price quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent since price quotes are sent instantly to you. It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you have a need to get a price quote from a particular provider, just jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Honolulu for you
When researching a reputable agency, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Honolulu agents are either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These agents are appointed with more than one company and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies depending on which coverage is best. If premiums increase, your policy is moved internally and you stay with the same agent.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, we recommend you get several quotes from several independent agencies for the best price selection. A lot of them also have access to companies that do not advertise much which can save you money.
Below is a partial list of independent agents in Honolulu that can possibly get you price quote information.
- First Insurance Co of Hawaii Limited
1100 Ward Ave # Main, Honolulu, HI 96814, Honolulu, 96818 – Honolulu, HI 96818 – (808) 527-7777 – View Map
- Cavanah Associates, Inc.
1100 Alakea St #2600 – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 537-1970 – View Map
- Cornerstones Financial and Insurance Agency
250 Ward Ave #220 – Honolulu, HI 96814 – (808) 626-5068 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can usually just insure with one company like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are highly trained on what they offer which can be an advantage. Many people choose to use an exclusive agent partially due to the prominent brand name instead of buying on price only.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Honolulu that are able to give rate quotes.
- State Farm: Darin Ono
1649 Liliha St – Honolulu, HI 96817 – (808) 834-2222 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Dan Y.W. Au Hoy
931 University Ave Ste 108 – Honolulu, HI 96826 – (808) 944-1854 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Valerie Nagaji
4211 Waialae Ave #8080 – Honolulu, HI 96816 – (808) 735-2841 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agent should depend on more than just the premium amount. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Hawaii?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
Insurance can be complex
When it comes to the best insurance coverage, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For example, these questions might point out whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Be persistent to save money
We covered a lot of ways to get a better price on Volvo V90 insurance in Honolulu. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even discover the best rates are with a small mutual company.
When shopping online for insurance, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced full coverage to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Cost effective Volvo V90 insurance is available online and with local Honolulu insurance agents, so get free Honolulu auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not offer online rate quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through local independent agencies.
To learn more, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- How Much are Honolulu Car Insurance Rates for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Honolulu Auto Insurance Quotes with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)