It’s safe to assume that insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Consumers who shop around for the cheapest price are highly likely to switch companies because of the high probability of finding a lower rate. A recent study showed that consumers who routinely compared quotes saved an average of $865 a year compared to people who never shopped around.
If finding the most affordable Cadillac Escalade insurance is your goal, then understanding how to find companies and compare insurance can save time and money.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get cheaper Cadillac Escalade insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from different companies who sell insurance in Honolulu.
Step 1: Try to understand what coverages are included in your policy and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like speeding and a negative credit history can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Step 4: Notify your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new insurance company. Don’t forget to put the new certificate of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A valuable tip to remember is that you use the same amount of coverage on every price quote and to quote with as many different companies as possible. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Finding Cadillac Escalade insurance in Honolulu
Reducing your insurance rates is pretty simple and can save money. Consumers just need to take a few minutes getting comparison quotes from different insurance companies.
The providers in the list below offer quotes in Honolulu, HI. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them to get the cheapest price.
Premium rates and analysis
The coverage table shown below highlights a range of insurance policy prices for Cadillac Escalade models. Learning how auto insurance policy rates are calculated is important for drivers to make smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escalade Luxury Edition 2WD||$244||$458||$374||$22||$112||$1,210||$101|
|Escalade Premium Edition 4WD||$266||$458||$374||$22||$112||$1,232||$103|
|Escalade Luxury Edition 4WD||$266||$458||$374||$22||$112||$1,232||$103|
|Escalade Premium Edition 2WD||$266||$458||$374||$22||$112||$1,232||$103|
|Escalade Hybrid 2WD||$266||$578||$338||$20||$102||$1,304||$109|
|Escalade Hybrid 4WD||$266||$578||$338||$20||$102||$1,304||$109|
|Escalade Platinum Edition 2WD||$266||$518||$374||$22||$112||$1,292||$108|
|Escalade Platinum Edition 4WD||$266||$518||$374||$22||$112||$1,292||$108|
|Escalade Hybrid Platinum 2WD||$290||$638||$338||$20||$102||$1,388||$116|
|Escalade Hybrid Platinum 4WD||$290||$638||$338||$20||$102||$1,388||$116|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Information does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can impact prices considerably.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper car insurance rates
The chart below illustrates how traffic citations and fender-benders can drive up Cadillac Escalade auto insurance rates for different age groups. The premiums are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Gender-based car insurance premiums in Honolulu
The diagram below compares Cadillac Escalade insurance rates for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no accidents or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The example below illustrates the comparison of Cadillac Escalade insurance premiums with full coverage and liability only. The premium estimates are based on no claims or driving violations, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no specific rule for excluding full coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Cadillac Escalade replacement cost is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $4,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying more than $400 annually for full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some scenarios where only buying liability is not a good plan. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not drop full coverage.
Do you qualify for these ten discounts?
Buying insurance is not cheap, but you can get discounts that you may not even know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at quote time, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied before they will apply.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed in the military can result in better insurance rates.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and will qualify for a discount on a Honolulu car insurance quote.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Honolulu car insurance quote than drivers with accident claims.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning your own home or condo may trigger a policy discount on insurance since owning and maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on your policy.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking a safe driver class could earn you a small percentage discount if your company offers it.
- Drivers Education – Teen drivers should successfully take a driver’s education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride.
The illustration below shows the difference between Cadillac Escalade insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The data assumes a female driver, no claims or driving citations, Hawaii state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-car, and marriage discounts applied.
A few popular companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for anti-theft, annual mileage, good driver, professional/association, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for good student, alternative fuel, switch companies, pay in full, homeowner, early shopping, and distant student.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include youthful driver, good student, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, safe driver, 55 and retired, and driver training.
- State Farm offers discounts including accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, anti-theft, and passive restraint.
- Allstate offers discounts for safe driver, utility vehicle, auto/life discount, good student, anti-lock brakes, EZ pay plan discount, and passive restraint.
- GEICO may include discounts for military active duty, emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, membership and employees, good student, anti-theft, and driver training.
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above may not be offered everywhere. To see companies who offer insurance discounts in Hawaii, click here.
Why you need quality insurance for your vehicle
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, most lenders will force you to carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Cadillac at a more expensive rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects both your Cadillac Escalade and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your Escalade outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $825 a year so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Shop online but buy locally
Many drivers would prefer to go talk to an agent and that can be a smart move Licensed agents can help you build your policy and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this simple form, your coverage information gets sent to companies in Honolulu who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to do any legwork as quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you want to get a price quote from a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing an insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Before buying a policy in Honolulu, get answers to these questions.
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
Once you have received good answers for all questions you ask as well as a affordable price, you’ve probably found an insurer that will properly service your insurance policy.
Insurance coverages 101
Knowing the specifics of insurance aids in choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Escalade caused by collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, hitting a mailbox and scraping a guard rail. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also choose a higher deductible on your Escalade to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like rock chips in glass, damage from flooding and fire damage. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many Hawaii drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (20/40/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Auto liability insurance
Liability coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 20/40/10 that means you have $20,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as bail bonds, legal defense fees, funeral expenses and pain and suffering. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but consider buying as much as you can afford. Hawaii state minimum liability requirements are 20/40/10 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why minimum state limits may not provide adequate coverage.
Medical expense coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for bills like prosthetic devices, chiropractic care, ambulance fees, nursing services and pain medications. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage