The recommended way to get affordable Chevy Spark EV insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from insurers who provide auto insurance in Honolulu.
- First, gain an understanding of how auto insurance works and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like traffic violations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices from many different companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Honolulu. If you find a better price and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
A good piece of advice is to make sure you’re comparing similar limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
We don’t have to point out that fact that insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Insureds who get price quotes annually will, in all likelihood, switch auto insurance companies because the odds are good of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A recent survey discovered that people who compared prices once a year saved on average $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the cheapest price for insurance in Honolulu is why you’re reading this, knowing the best way to quote and compare auto insurance can help make the process easier.
If you already have coverage or are just looking to switch companies, you can use these techniques to get lower rates without having to cut coverage. Shopping for the most affordable auto insurance in Honolulu is quite easy. Smart shoppers just have to learn the most efficient way to quote multiple rates from many companies at once.
Getting low cost insurance pricing can be relatively painless. The only requirement is to spend a little time comparing free Honolulu auto insurance quotes from some recommended companies.
The companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Hawaii. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Three reasons to insure your Chevy vehicle
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chevy Spark EV in Honolulu, auto insurance is required in Hawaii but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, almost all lenders will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy for a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $869 every year so smart consumers compare quotes every year to save money.
Four Things That Impact Your Insurance Premiums
Lots of things are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but some are more obscure such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
The factors shown below are some of the things used by companies to determine premiums.
Traffic violations inflate rates – Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Only having one chargeable violation can increase rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers with license-revoking violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence might be required by their state to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state in order to continue driving.
Claim-free discounts can add up – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can definitely plan on higher rates. Auto insurance companies in Hawaii provide cheaper rates to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Your gender affects prices – Over time, data shows women tend to be less risk to insure than men. It does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Both sexes are in auto accidents in similar percentages, but men tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also get higher numbers of serious violations such as reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 are most likely to cause an accident and thus pay the highest rates.
Your stress level may be raising your rates – Did you know your insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations such as fire fighters, executives, and accountants generally pay higher rates than average attributed to intense work-related stress and long work days. Other careers like professors, historians and homemakers receive lower rates.
Discounts for lower-cost auto insurance quotes
Auto insurance companies do not list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list both the well known and the harder-to-find credits available to you. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you could be getting lower rates.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a home in Honolulu can help you save on auto insurance since home ownership is proof of financial responsibility.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accidents.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can get better auto insurance rates.
- Distant Student Discount – Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Pay Early and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Paper-free Discount – Certain companies may give you up to $50 for signing up online.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying insurance for several vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
Please keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide are included below.
- The Hartford has savings for vehicle fuel type, air bag, anti-theft, defensive driver, good student, bundle, and driver training.
- American Family offers discounts including good student, air bags, accident-free, TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, and Steer into Savings.
- Progressive may offer discounts for homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, and online signing.
- Travelers has discounts for new car, continuous insurance, save driver, multi-policy, multi-car, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for youthful driver, teen driver, pay in full, homeowner, and business and professional.
- USAA may have discounts that include military installation, defensive driver, family discount, driver training, annual mileage, multi-policy, and new vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for new graduate, preferred payment discount, multi-policy, new move discount, newly retired, newly married, and good student.
When getting free Honolulu auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policies everywhere. To locate providers who offer free Chevy Spark EV insurance quotes in Honolulu, follow this link.
There’s no such thing as the perfect car insurance policy
Always keep in mind that when comparing insurance from an agent or online, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- When should I not file a claim?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Shop online but buy locally
Many people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is OK! Professional agents will help you protect your assets and help file insurance claims. The best thing about comparing car insurance online is the fact that drivers can get lower prices and still have a local agent. And buying from local insurance agencies is important particularly in Honolulu.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact an agency because prices are sent directly to your email. If you wish to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
When researching a reliable insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents to choose from. Agencies in Honolulu can be described as either exclusive or independent. Both do a good job, but it’s important to know the difference in how they write coverage since it may influence your selection of an agent.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they can quote policies through many different car insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured. When comparing rates, you will want to include a couple of independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many can place coverage with companies that do not advertise much who may have lower rates.
Listed below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Honolulu that may be able to provide comparison quotes.
- Rosten Y Tsuha Insurance Agency Inc
1350 S King St #303 – Honolulu, HI 96814 – (808) 591-5545 – View Map
- Pyramid Insurance Center Ltd
420 Waiakamilo Rd – Honolulu, HI 96817 – (808) 527-7667 – View Map
- Atlas Insurance
1132 Bishop St #1600 – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 533-8728 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents generally can only insure with one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are well trained on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. A lot of people buy insurance from these agents partially due to the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
The following are Honolulu exclusive insurance agents willing to provide rate quotes.
- Kevin Takahashi – State Farm Insurance Agent
1284 Kalani St d108 – Honolulu, HI 96817 – (808) 845-0069 – View Map
- U’ilani Hawelu – State Farm Insurance Agent
1960 Kapiolani Blvd Ste 208 – Honolulu, HI 96826 – (808) 955-9090 – View Map
- Herb Fujikawa – State Farm Insurance Agent
3538 Waialae Ave #205 – Honolulu, HI 96816 – (808) 732-1076 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent should depend on more than just the premium amount. Some important questions to ask are:
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
Don’t give up on cheaper rates
We just presented some good ideas how you can compare Chevy Spark EV insurance prices in Honolulu. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Honolulu auto insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Honolulu auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from the smaller companies.
Lower-priced auto insurance in Honolulu can be purchased on the web and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who do not provide online quoting and usually these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
Consumers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, delays in responding to claim requests, policy non-renewal or even high prices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company is not as hard as you think.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Seniors in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota Camry in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Tacoma in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Teenage Females in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)