If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find better pricing on GMC Sierra insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurers who provide car insurance in Honolulu.
- Gain an understanding of how car insurance works and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a poor credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple sources. Click to view companies
- Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Tell your current agent or company to cancel your current coverage. Submit the application along with any required down payment to your new carrier. Immediately upon receiving it, safely store the proof of insurance certificate along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A key point to remember is that you use the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to analyze all possible companies. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and and a good selection of different prices.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that nearly 70% of drivers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Many consumers in Hawaii could save an average of about $400 each year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t believe the amount of savings they would get if they switch to a new company.
The majority of larger companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive make it easy to get prices for coverage on the web. Comparing prices online for GMC Sierra insurance in Honolulu is fairly straightforward as you simply type in the amount of coverage you want as detailed in the form. After the form is submitted, the system makes automated requests for reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price. This makes comparing rates easy, and it’s absolutely necessary to perform this step in order to get the lowest car insurance rates.
To find out what other companies charge, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you enter the coverage information identical to your current policy. This helps ensure you will have a fair comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The following companies are ready to provide price quotes in Hawaii. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance protects more than just your car
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a GMC in Honolulu, maintaining insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your GMC Sierra has a lienholder, it’s guaranteed your bank will require that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your GMC at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves both your GMC and your personal assets. It also can pay for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your GMC as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Honolulu is currently overpaying as much as $869 every year so shop around every year to save money.
Rates and data analysis
The premium information displayed below highlights different insurance premium costs for GMC Sierra models. Understanding how prices are calculated can be valuable when making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sierra SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$160||$292||$254||$16||$76||$798||$67|
|Sierra SL Extended Cab 2WD||$160||$292||$254||$16||$76||$798||$67|
|Sierra SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$160||$292||$254||$16||$76||$798||$67|
|Sierra SL Crew Cab 2WD||$180||$346||$254||$16||$76||$872||$73|
|Sierra SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$180||$346||$254||$16||$76||$872||$73|
|Sierra SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$180||$346||$254||$16||$76||$872||$73|
|Sierra SLE Extended Cab 4WD||$180||$346||$254||$16||$76||$872||$73|
|Sierra SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$180||$346||$254||$16||$76||$872||$73|
|Sierra SLT Extended Cab 2WD||$180||$346||$254||$16||$76||$872||$73|
|Sierra SL Crew Cab 4WD||$180||$346||$254||$16||$76||$872||$73|
|Sierra SLT Extended Cab 4WD||$180||$346||$254||$16||$76||$872||$73|
|Sierra SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$180||$346||$254||$16||$76||$872||$73|
|Sierra SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$200||$398||$254||$16||$76||$944||$79|
|Sierra Denali Crew Cab 2WD||$200||$398||$254||$16||$76||$944||$79|
|Sierra Denali Crew Cab 4WD||$200||$398||$254||$16||$76||$944||$79|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Rate quotes do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can increase or decrease rates noticeably.
The diagram below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can increase or decrease GMC Sierra yearly insurance costs for different age groups. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
GMC Sierra insurance rates: Men versus women
The illustration below illustrates the difference between GMC Sierra auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no claims or driving citations, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only in Honolulu
The example below illustrates the difference between GMC Sierra yearly insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. The premium estimates are based on no violations or accidents, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no specific rule of when to stop paying for full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your GMC Sierra replacement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $2,000 after paying your deductible. If premiums are more than $200 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some cases where buying only liability insurance is not recommended. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Get cheap rates with discounts
Some insurers don’t always publicize every discount available in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains a few of the more well known and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy Honolulu auto insurance online. If you are not receiving all the discounts available, you could be getting lower rates.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring primary and secondary vehicles with the same car insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a family member in the military could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts may get savings up to 30%.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your auto and home insurance with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving less could be rewarded with lower car insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- ABS Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government could provide a small rate reduction depending on your company.
- Cautious Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Payment Method – By making one initial payment as opposed to paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Renewal Discounts – A few companies offer discounts for switching companies before your current expiration date. You may see this discount when you get Honolulu auto insurance quotes online.
It’s important to note that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So when it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The diagram below compares GMC Sierra insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The rates are based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Hawaii state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
A partial list of companies who might offer most of the discounts above include:
When quoting, ask every company how you can save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies in Honolulu.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a neighborhood Honolulu auto insurance agent
Some people just prefer to get advice from a local agent and that can be a great decision A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find better rates but also keep your business local.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to agents in your area that can give you free Honolulu auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered to you directly. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND an agent nearby. If you want to get a price quote from a specific car insurance provider, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right provider shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
Listed below is a short list of insurance companies in Honolulu who can help you get price quotes for GMC Sierra insurance in Honolulu.
Once you have received good feedback to these questions and a low price estimate, you’ve probably found an provider that can be trusted to insure your vehicles.
Cheap car insurance rates are possible
Cheap GMC Sierra insurance in Honolulu is possible both online in addition to many Honolulu insurance agents, so you need to shop Honolulu auto insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers don’t offer internet price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
We just covered a lot of techniques to shop for GMC Sierra insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the best rates are with an unexpected company. Regional companies may have significantly lower auto insurance rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
When you buy Honolulu auto insurance online, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Veterans in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Homeowners in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with Accidents in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)