It’s an obvious statement that car insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Consumers who shop around annually are inclined to buy a different policy because of the good chance of finding a policy with better rates. A recent survey found that people who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved an average of $70 a month compared to other drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the cheapest price for Honda Clarity insurance is your objective, then having a good understanding how to choose a company and compare insurance premiums can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
The most effective way to quote cheaper car insurance rates in Honolulu is to start comparing prices regularly from insurers in Hawaii. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Spend some time learning about car insurance and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that cause rate increases like traffic tickets, fender benders, and poor credit history can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article gives the details to find cheap prices and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
One thing to remember is to use the same deductibles and limits on every quote and to quote with as many carriers as you can. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Quoting and buying affordable coverage in Honolulu is not as difficult as people think. If you are insured now or are just looking to switch companies, use these techniques to buy cheaper car insurance and still get good coverage. Drivers only have to learn the least time-consuming way to shop from many different companies.
Cheapest companies for Honda Clarity insurance
The companies shown below provide free quotes in Honolulu, HI. If multiple companies are shown, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Discounts for affordable auto insurance quotes
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise every discount available in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of both the well known and also the lesser-known credits that may apply to you.
- Save over 55 – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens are able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Membership in Organizations – Joining qualifying clubs or civic groups could earn you a nice discount when shopping for auto insurance.
- Distant Student Discount – Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Honolulu without a vehicle on campus may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Having worked for a branch of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Honolulu car insurance depending on your company.
- Driver Safety – Taking time to complete a course in driver safety can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Drivers without accidents can save as much as half off their rates than less cautious drivers.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
Companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for student driver, teen driver, driver training, homeowners, and good student.
- State Farm offers discounts for passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, student away at school, multiple policy, defensive driving training, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including good student, education and occupation, good driver, pay-in-full, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including hybrid vehicle, new move discount, newly married, safety features, and preferred payment discount.
- Progressive has savings for homeowner, continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
If you are trying to find affordable Honda Clarity insurance quotes, ask every company to apply every possible discount. Savings may not apply to policies everywhere. If you would like to see a list of auto insurance companies who offer discounts in Hawaii, click here to view.
Car insurance agents near you
Certain consumers would prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a smart decision Experienced insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still have a local agent. Putting coverage with local insurance agents is important particularly in Honolulu.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is submitted to companies in Honolulu that can give you free Honolulu car insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. If you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
If you would like to find a reliable insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Car insurance policy providers can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can sell car insurance policies, but we need to point out the difference in the companies they write for because it can impact buying decisions.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent do not write with just one company and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move the coverage in-house and that require little work on your part. If you are comparing car insurance prices, it’s a good idea to contact at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Honolulu that may be able to give free price quotes.
- First Insurance Co of Hawaii Limited
1100 Ward Ave # Main, Honolulu, HI 96814, Honolulu, 96818 – Honolulu, HI 96818 – (808) 527-7777 – View Map
- Cavanah Associates, Inc.
1100 Alakea St #2600 – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 537-1970 – View Map
- Anita Butay Diniega
1088 Bishop St #2210 – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 841-5915 – View Map
Exclusive agents generally can only insure with one company like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Drivers often buy insurance from these agents partially due to loyalty to the company rather than having low rates.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Honolulu that are able to give price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Kirk Paterson
1259 S Beretania St Ste 1 – Honolulu, HI 96814 – (808) 593-8844 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Ricky N. Bonilla
2024 N King St #101b – Honolulu, HI 96819 – (808) 842-5844 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Boyd Kauhane
1682 Kalakaua Ave #1 – Honolulu, HI 96826 – (808) 638-3673 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. These questions are important to ask:
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Honolulu?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Which family members are covered?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
We’ve covered many tips how you can get a better price on Honda Clarity insurance in Honolulu. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Honolulu car insurance, the higher your chance of finding affordable Honolulu car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best price on car insurance is with the least-expected company.
Budget-conscious Honda Clarity insurance is definitely available from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers may not provide rate quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agencies.
As you prepare to switch companies, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford.
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Honolulu Auto Insurance for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for College Graduates in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)