Shocking but true, most Hawaii insurance customers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and almost 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. Many consumers in the U.S. could save up to $860 each year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t understand how simple it is to shop their coverage around.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get low-cost car insurance rates in Honolulu is to start comparing prices regularly from companies in Hawaii.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about how car insurance works and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price such as multiple speeding tickets and a not-so-good credit score can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of companies. Select a company
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new company. When you receive it, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
A valuable tip to remember is to try to use identical coverages on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many different companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
If you have insurance now or just want to save money, use these money-saving tips to lower your rates and still get good coverage. Choosing the best rates in Honolulu is much easier if you have a good place to start. Drivers just have to learn the most effective way to compare price quotes from many different companies online.
Car insurance providers offering low-cost price quotes in Hawaii
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Honolulu, HI. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to get the most affordable price.
Discount Honolulu car insurance rates
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you may find discounts to help bring down the price. Some trigger automatically at the time of purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a Honolulu car insurance quote. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- Membership in Organizations – Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your next car insurance statement.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up before driving can save a little on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can get better car insurance rates.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- College Student Discount – College-age children who live away from home at college and do not take a car to college can receive lower rates.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a home in Honolulu can earn you a little savings because owning a home shows financial diligence.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like you could get a free car insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works.
The best car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are:
- 21st Century includes discounts for air bags, theft prevention, early bird, good student, student driver, 55 and older, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm offers discounts including defensive driving training, good student, safe vehicle, good driver, and passive restraint.
- AAA offers discounts for good driver, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, anti-theft, and multi-car.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for newly retired, good student, newly married, multi-policy, new vehicle discount, and new graduate.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-policy, online signing, homeowner, good student, and continuous coverage.
Check with every company the best way to save money. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Honolulu. If you would like to see a list of companies who offer car insurance discounts in Hawaii, follow this link.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
Always keep in mind that when comparing a policy, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Your financial needs are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Jaguar F-PACE?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Jaguar F-PACE?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Compare prices but buy from a local Honolulu insurance agent
Certain consumers prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision Professional insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help you file claims. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is you may find cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to drive around since rate quotes are delivered to you. If you want to compare rates from a specific company, you just need to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right provider requires more thought than just the price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Honolulu?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
If you want to use a local Honolulu insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Honolulu may be either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both do a good job, but it’s important to know the difference in how they write coverage because it can factor into your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They generally cannot provide other company’s prices so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. They are very knowledgeable in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Honolulu that can give you rate quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent can quote rates with many companies and that enables them to quote your coverage through many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When searching for an agent, you need to include a couple of independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Honolulu who can help you get comparison quotes.
More quotes mean more insurance savings
Cheap Jaguar F-PACE insurance in Honolulu can be sourced both online as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who may not provide online price quotes and many times these regional carriers only sell through independent insurance agencies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice full coverage to discover at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
We covered some good ideas how to find lower-cost Jaguar F-PACE insurance in Honolulu. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Jaguar F-PACE rate quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest prices are with the least-expected company.
More information can be found on the following sites:
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Veterans in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for State Employees in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)