Would you like to find cheaper Jaguar XJ insurance in Honolulu? Finding low cost Jaguar XJ insurance in Honolulu can seem to be frustrating for beginners to quoting coverage prices online. You have so many companies to choose from that it can easily turn into a big hassle to find the best price in Hawaii on Jaguar XJ insurance.
How to find cheaper rates for Jaguar XJ insurance in Honolulu
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get low-cost car insurance rates in Honolulu is to compare prices at least once a year from different companies who can sell car insurance in Hawaii.
- Try to learn a little about how auto insurance works and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many factors that result in higher prices like inattentive driving and an imperfect credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article gives instructions to get cheaper rates and find additional discounts.
- Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of companies. Find a Honolulu insurance agent
- Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find better rates and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a completed application and payment to your new carrier. Don’t forget to place the new proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle.
A good piece of advice is to compare similar coverage information on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many companies as possible. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
It’s hard to believe, but the vast majority of insurance customers have remained with the same insurance company for at least four years, and 38% of customers have never taken the time to shop around. Many drivers in Hawaii can cut their rates by as much as 40% a year by just shopping around, but they underestimate how much they could save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
It’s a good idea to compare rates occasionally because insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Despite the fact that you may have had the best quotes on Jaguar XJ insurance in Honolulu at your last renewal you can probably find a better rate now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the easiest way to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
Locating the best rates in Honolulu can really be easy if you know what you’re doing. Nearly everyone who buys auto insurance will find lower prices. Nevertheless, Hawaii car owners do need to understand the way insurance companies determine premium rates because rates fluctuate considerably.
Get cheaper rates by taking advantage of discounts
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Some trigger automatically at the time of purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be manually applied before you get the savings. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories are rewarded with significantly better rates on Honolulu car insurance quote when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Student Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers take driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance carriers reward you with a discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Early Signing – Some larger companies provide a discount for signing up prior to your current XJ insurance policy expiration. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen with less frequency and will save you 10% or more on XJ insurance in Honolulu.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Older drivers may qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Paperwork-free – Certain insurance companies will give you a small discount for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
Drivers should understand that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts will bring down your insurance premiums.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Jaguar XJ auto insurance rates with and without some available policy discounts. The prices are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Hawaii state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, claim-free, marriage, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
Larger insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- State Farm includes discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, passive restraint, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, and safe vehicle.
- American Family has discounts for defensive driver, TimeAway discount, early bird, good driver, Steer into Savings, mySafetyValet, and accident-free.
- AAA offers premium reductions for good student, pay-in-full, good driver, multi-car, education and occupation, anti-theft, and AAA membership discount.
- GEICO offers discounts including good student, seat belt use, federal employee, multi-vehicle, and defensive driver.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for multi-policy, annual mileage, professional/association, type of vehicle, location of vehicle, and ease of repair.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including alternative fuel, youthful driver, business and professional, good student, and electronic funds transfer.
- Progressive discounts include homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, and online quote discount.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company the best way to save money. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in Honolulu. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies offering insurance discounts in Honolulu, click here.
The most recommended method to get rate comparisons for Jaguar XJ insurance in Honolulu utilizes the fact auto insurance companies pay for the opportunity to give rate comparisons. The only thing you need to do is give them some information like the make and model of your vehicles, whether you drive to work or school, daily mileage, and how much education you have. Those rating factors is instantly submitted to multiple different insurance companies and they return cost estimate instantly.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your Jaguar XJ now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Hawaii. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the lowest price.
Jaguar XJ insurance rate analysis
The premium table displayed below highlights different insurance premium costs for Jaguar XJ models. Learning how insurance policy rates are figured can assist in making informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XJ SWB 4-Dr Sedan||$186||$364||$270||$16||$80||$916||$76|
|XJ LWB 4-Dr Sedan||$202||$402||$270||$16||$80||$970||$81|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in specific location information which can increase or decrease coverage rates substantially.
Comparison of policy deductibles
When comparing car insurance rates, the most common question is what deductibles to buy. The rates below can help illustrate the rate difference when you buy lower versus higher policy deductibles. The first rate quote example uses a $250 deductible for comprehensive and collision coverage and the second price grid uses a $500 deductible.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XJ SWB 4-Dr Sedan||$310||$590||$264||$16||$80||$1,285||$107|
|XJ LWB 4-Dr Sedan||$336||$652||$264||$16||$80||$1,373||$114|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XJ SWB 4-Dr Sedan||$252||$476||$264||$16||$80||$1,088||$91|
|XJ LWB 4-Dr Sedan||$274||$526||$264||$16||$80||$1,160||$97|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in zip code location which can decrease or increase prices greatly.
Based on the data above, we can derive that using a $250 deductible costs roughly $17 more each month or $204 a year than selecting the higher $500 deductible. Due to the fact that you would have to pay $250 more if you turn in a claim with a $500 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you tend to average at a minimum 15 months between claims, you would save more money going with the higher deductible.
Full coverage or liability only
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Jaguar XJ car insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The rates are based on no violations or accidents, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no set guideline for excluding physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than about 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Jaguar XJ book value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $3,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying more than $300 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some circumstances where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
What Determines Jaguar XJ Insurance Rates?
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning the different types of things that help calculate auto insurance rates. When you understand what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
The factors shown below are a few of the things used by your company to calculate prices.
Cautious drivers pay the best prices – Having just one chargeable violation may cause rates to rise by twenty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates than people who have multiple driving citations. People who have flagrant violations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
The diagram below highlights how speeding tickets and accidents raise Jaguar XJ car insurance rates for different age categories. The data assumes a married female driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Males are more aggressive – Over the last 30 years, statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. Both genders tend to get into auto accidents at a similar rate, but guys get into accidents with more damage. Not only that, but men also get cited for more serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Teenage male drivers generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore have the most expensive auto insurance rates.
The example below illustrates the difference between Jaguar XJ insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The premiums assume a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
Save money by eliminating add-on coverages – There are a lot of optional add-on coverages that you can buy on your XJ policy. Things like replacement cost coverage, high-cost glass coverage, and term life insurance are some examples. These may sound like a good investment initially, but if they’re wasting money think about removing them and cutting costs.
Certain jobs pay higher premiums – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for auto insurance? Jobs like doctors, architects, and miners tend to pay higher premiums than the average policyholder due to high stress and incredibly demanding work hours. Other jobs such as actors, athletes and retirees get better rates.
Loss statistics for a Jaguar XJ – Insurers use claims history when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher loss trends will have a higher cost to insure.
The table shown below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Jaguar XJ vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is a value of 100. Numbers below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values over 100 point to more claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Specific Jaguar Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Jaguar XJ 4dr 2WD||254|
|Jaguar XJ 4dr 4WD||169||236|
|Jaguar XJ 4dr LWB 2WD||210||88||149|
|Jaguar XJ 4dr LWB 4WD||238||198|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance can get complicated
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing a policy, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Your financial needs are unique so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions may help highlight whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- What is GAP insurance?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Is pet coverage available?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Buying car insurance from Honolulu insurance agencies
Some people still prefer to go talk to an agent and that is just fine! The best thing about comparing car insurance online is that you can obtain the best rates and still choose a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Honolulu who will return price quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You’ll get the best rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Selecting an insurance company requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. These are valid questions to ask:
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- How long has their agency been open in Honolulu?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
The different types of car insurance agents
When researching a local agent, it helps to know the two different types of agencies that you can choose from. Agencies in Honolulu can be described as either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only place business with one company and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They generally cannot provide other company’s prices so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some insured continue to buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
The following are Honolulu exclusive agencies who can help you get price quote information.
- Suzette Rudolf Trehern – State Farm Insurance Agent
7192 Kalanianaole Hwy g210 – Honolulu, HI 96825 – (808) 395-3434 – View Map
- Jef Saragena – State Farm Insurance Agent
677 Ala Moana Blvd Ste 310 – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 951-0866 – View Map
- Gwenette Higa – State Farm Insurance Agent
841 Bishop St #203 – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 531-9918 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are normally appointed by many insurers so they can quote policies with lots of companies and potentially find a lower price. If you want to switch companies, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, we highly recommend that you get several quotes from several independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most independent agents also contract with companies that do not advertise much which may provide better rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Honolulu who can help you get price quote information.
- John H Connors Insurance
500 Ala Moana Blvd # 2303 – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 534-7300 – View Map
- Anita Butay Diniega
1088 Bishop St #2210 – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 841-5915 – View Map
- Pyramid Insurance Center Ltd
420 Waiakamilo Rd – Honolulu, HI 96817 – (808) 527-7667 – View Map
After getting positive responses to any questions you may have and a good coverage price, it’s a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to service your policy. Just remember you can always terminate your policy when you choose so don’t think that you are permanently stuck with a policy for the full policy term.
Car insurance is not optional
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Jaguar in Honolulu, car insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Jaguar, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Jaguar at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your car insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, particularly for liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying over $750 every year so shop around at every policy renewal to save money.
Persistence pays off
Throughout this article, we presented many ideas to lower your Jaguar XJ insurance car insurance rates in Honolulu. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Cheaper Jaguar XJ insurance in Honolulu is definitely available on the web and from local insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies don’t offer online price quotes and usually these small insurance companies prefer to sell through local independent agents.
How to find lower priced Jaguar XJ insurance in Honolulu
To save the most money, the best way to get low-cost Jaguar XJ insurance is to compare prices annually from companies that sell auto insurance in Honolulu.
First, take a few minutes and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a substandard credit score can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
Second, quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple companies. Select a company
Third, compare the new rates to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and to quote with as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
More learning opportunities
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Honolulu Auto Insurance Quotes for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- How Much are Honolulu Car Insurance Rates for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a School Permit in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)