It’s safe to conclude that insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Consumers who get comparison quotes at least once a year will probably buy a new policy because they have a good chance of finding discount prices. A recent insurance study revealed that people who shopped around annually saved on average $860 a year as compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the lowest rates on car insurance in Honolulu is the reason you’re here, then having a grasp of how to shop for insurance coverage can save time and money.
To save the most money, the best way to find cheaper Kia Niro insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from different companies that insure vehicles in Honolulu.
- Step 1: Get an understanding of what coverages are included in your policy and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like your driving record and a poor credit score can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely. Continue reading for more information to help keep rates affordable and find possible discounts that are available.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices for many different companies. Compare rates
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available in Honolulu. If you find better rates and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit a signed application and payment for the new policy. Be sure to put the proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
The key thing to remember is that you use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Car insurance can be pricey, but there are discounts available that can dramatically reduce your bill. Certain discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but some must be manually applied before being credited.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers may be able to get better car insurance rates.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Niro insurance in Honolulu.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Distant College Student Discount – College-age children who are attending college and do not take a car to college could get you a discount.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups could trigger savings on your policy.
Please keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
Larger car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are:
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, good student, and multi-policy.
- AAA may have discounts that include multi-policy, good student, pay-in-full, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, and good driver.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including early shopping, electronic funds transfer, switch companies, homeowner, mature driver, and distant student.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including good student, seat belt use, federal employee, daytime running lights, anti-theft, emergency military deployment, and five-year accident-free.
- Esurance may offer discounts for Pac-12 alumni, online shopper, anti-theft, DriveSense, and safety device.
- SAFECO includes discounts for teen safety rewards, teen safe driver, anti-lock brakes, safe driver, bundle discounts, multi-car, and drive less.
- State Farm has discounts for multiple policy, safe vehicle, driver’s education, anti-theft, defensive driving training, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company how you can save money. Savings might not apply in every state.
Ways to get Kia Niro insurance quotes in Honolulu
Most larger insurance companies allow consumers to get prices for coverage direct online. Doing online price comparisons for Kia Niro insurance in Honolulu is fairly simple as all you need to do is type in your required coverages on the page. When complete, their rating system obtains reports for credit and driving violations and quotes a price based on these factors. Getting online price quotes for Kia Niro insurance in Honolulu simplifies rate comparisons, and it’s very important to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find lower-cost prices.
In order to find out if lower rates are available, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you enter the coverages as shown on your current policy. Doing this assures you will have a rate comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Honolulu, HI. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you get prices from several of them to get the most affordable price.
Seven Tips to Get Cheap Honolulu Insurance Prices
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning some of the elements that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in cheaper rates.
Rates for men may be higher – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. This data doesn’t prove that females are better drivers. Men and women cause at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the males have accidents that have higher claims. They also get ticketed for serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
Single vs. married – Having a spouse may cut your premiums on your car insurance policy. It generally demonstrates drivers are more stable financially and it’s proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Performance makes a difference – The type of car or truck you own makes a significant difference in the rate you pay. The lowest performance passenger models usually are quite affordable to insure, but your final cost has many other factors.
Expect high rates for teens – Older insureds are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cause fewer claims and accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Young drivers are proven to get distracted easily behind the wheel and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
Safer cars cost less to insure – Vehicles that have high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and cheaper rates on your policy.
Save money by having high credit – Your credit history can be a huge factor in determining premium rates. Therefore, if your credit rating can be improved, you could pay less to insure your Kia Niro by spending a little time repairing your credit. Drivers with excellent credit scores tend to file fewer claims than those with lower ratings.
Your location is important – Residing in a rural area is a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accidents in addition to lower liability claims. Urban drivers regularly have more auto accidents and longer commutes to work. More time commuting means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions may help you determine if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Compare prices but buy from a local Honolulu insurance agent
Certain consumers prefer to buy from a local agent and that is not a bad decision Experienced insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about getting online price quotes is you can get cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the quote information is sent to local insurance agents in Honolulu that provide free Honolulu car insurance quotes for your business. You never need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good company should include more criteria than just a cheap price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- How long has the business existed?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
Not all auto insurance agents are the same
If you are searching for local Honolulu agents, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents to choose from. Car insurance agents are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either type can write policy coverage, but it is important to understand the difference in the companies they write for since it can impact which agent you choose.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents are contracted to one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. These agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Honolulu who may provide you with comparison quotes.
Herb Fujikawa – State Farm Insurance Agent
3538 Waialae Ave #205 – Honolulu, HI 96816 – (808) 732-1076 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are not limited to a single company and that allows them to write policies with many different companies and find the cheapest rate. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you can keep the same agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you absolutely need to get some free quotes from several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Honolulu willing to provide comparison quotes.
Car insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Honolulu, paying for car insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Niro, almost all lenders will require that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Kia at a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards your car and your assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Kia as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. But the average driver in Hawaii is wasting up to $869 every year so it’s important to compare rates each time the policy renews to save money.
Hawaii car insurance companies ranked
Ending up with the top car insurance provider is hard considering how many choices there are in Hawaii. The information in the lists below could help you analyze which auto insurers you want to consider shopping your coverage with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Affordable car insurance rates are available
More affordable car insurance in Honolulu can be sourced online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to shop Honolulu car insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers do not offer rates over the internet and these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
We just covered a lot of ways to find cheaper Kia Niro insurance in Honolulu. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the best price on car insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
When getting Honolulu car insurance quotes online, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced full coverage only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost.
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- How Much are Honolulu Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota 4Runner in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Lyft Drivers in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Edge in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Good Students in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)