Are you looking for a better way to compare low-cost Lexus NX 200t insurance in Honolulu? Did a good deal turn out to be an overpriced auto insurance policy? Don’t feel bad because there are many people just like you.
It’s hard to believe, but the vast majority of consumers in Hawaii kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never shopped around. U.S. consumers could save as much as $859 every year, but they don’t believe the rate savings if they switch to a new company.
With so many options when it comes to auto insurance, it is very difficult to choose a lower cost insurance company.
Lexus NX 200t Insurance Premium Factors
Lots of things are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, although others are less apparent such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
The list below includes some of the factors auto insurance companies consider when setting your rate level.
- Rates are impacted by vehicle performance – The performance level of the car you need insurance for makes a huge difference in your auto insurance rates. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Save money with good credit – Having a good credit rating can be a huge factor in determining premium rates. So if your credit history can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Lexus NX 200t by taking the time to improve your credit score. Insureds with very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than drivers with lower credit scores.
- Raise your coverage deductibles for better rates – Physical damage insurance, also called ‘full coverage’, insures against damage to your Lexus. Some examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, damage from fire, and having your car stolen. The deductibles are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before your auto insurance pays a claim. The more money you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Are you male or female? – Over the last 30 years, statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. However, don’t assume that males are worse at driving than females. Both genders have accidents in similar numbers, but males tend to have higher claims. They also get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 cause the most accidents and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Employer reflects on rates – Occupations such as fire fighters, airline pilots, and stock brokers usually pay the highest average rates due to intense work situations and lots of time spent at work. Other careers such as scientists, engineers and retirees get better rates.
- Good drivers pay better rates – How you drive impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Drivers who don’t get tickets pay less for auto insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Having a single driving citation could increase your next policy renewal to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who have dangerous violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions might be required by their state to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
- Drive less and save – The more you drive your Lexus each year the more you will pay for auto insurance. A lot of insurance companies calculate rates based upon how much you drive. Autos not used for work or commuting cost less to insure compared to those used for work or business. An improperly rated NX 200t can cost quite a bit. Make sure your declarations sheet shows the right rating data.
Don’t overlook these Lexus NX 200t insurance discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there’s a good chance there are discounts to help offset the cost. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of quoting, but some must be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Some auto insurance companies give a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage could qualify for substantially lower auto insurance rates.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a new NX 200t may earn a small discount since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a house in Honolulu can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Defensive Driving Course – Passing a class that teaches driver safety techniques can save you 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Membership in Organizations – Having an affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on auto insurance.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. Any amount of discount will help lower your premiums.
A list of companies and some of the discounts include:
- American Family may offer discounts for good driver, defensive driver, mySafetyValet, TimeAway discount, air bags, early bird, and Steer into Savings.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including youthful driver, driver training, good student, 55 and retired, and multi-policy.
- State Farm has discounts for Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, good driver, and safe vehicle.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for student away at school, driver training, good student, early quote, and payment discounts.
- The Hartford includes discounts for driver training, vehicle fuel type, good student, bundle, defensive driver, and air bag.
- GEICO discounts include five-year accident-free, seat belt use, multi-vehicle, membership and employees, emergency military deployment, federal employee, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, continuous coverage, good student, and multi-vehicle.
Double check with all companies you are considering how you can save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area. To locate insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Hawaii, click this link.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
Consumers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as policy non-renewal, being labeled a high risk driver, high prices or delays in paying claims. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company is not as hard as you think.
Low-cost Lexus NX 200t insurance in Honolulu can be sourced on the web in addition to many Honolulu insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies may not have rates over the internet and usually these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agencies.
As you restructure your insurance plan, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced collision coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Steps to buying cheaper Lexus NX 200t insurance in Honolulu
It takes a little time, but the best way to find low-cost car insurance rates is to regularly compare quotes from different companies that sell auto insurance in Honolulu.
- Get a basic knowledge of coverages and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as inattentive driving and a lousy credit rating can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates for many different companies.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Honolulu. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
A good tip to remember is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from every insurance company. This provides a fair rate comparison and the best price quote selection.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Honolulu Car Insurance Rates for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Good Students in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)