Shockingly, over 70% of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and 38% of customers have never shopped around. The average driver in Honolulu could cut their rates by roughly $400 a year just by shopping around, but they don’t want to spend time to shop their coverage around.
The preferred way to find discount Lincoln MKS insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurance carriers in Honolulu. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- Get an understanding of coverages and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and an imperfect credit history can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article provides the details to prevent high rates and get bigger discounts.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new insurer. Once received, place your new proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A crucial key to this process is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to look at as many companies as possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
The providers in the list below can provide comparison quotes in Hawaii. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the lowest rates.
Choosing Lincoln MKS insurance is an important decision
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Honolulu, auto insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Lincoln has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Lincoln for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly for liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is wasting up to $810 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at least once a year to save money.
Insurance coverage details
The coverage table shown below showcases different coverage costs for Lincoln MKS models. Having a better understanding of how policy rates are figured can be valuable when making decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKS AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$260||$514||$232||$14||$70||$1,090||$91|
|MKS 4-Dr Sedan||$260||$514||$232||$14||$70||$1,090||$91|
|MKS Ecoboost AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$288||$580||$232||$14||$70||$1,184||$99|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can influence insurance rates greatly.
The chart below shows how different deductible levels and can affect Lincoln MKS insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The prices are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Car insurance discounts are available for cheaper rates
Car insurance can be pricey, but there’s a good chance there are discounts to help offset the cost. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at quote time, but once in a while a discount must be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Life Insurance – Larger insurance carriers have a small discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory options such as air bags may earn rate discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- Student in College – Kids who are attending college and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Sign Early and Save – Some larger companies provide a discount for switching companies before your current coverage expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, it’s just not the way it works. Any qualifying discounts will definitely reduce the premium cost.
The chart below shows the difference between Lincoln MKS premium costs with and without policy discounts. The premiums assume a female driver, no violations or claims, Hawaii state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, safe-driver, marriage, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
If you would like to view insurers that offer many of these discounts in Hawaii, follow this link.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same insurance coverage
When choosing your policy, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Your financial needs are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if you would benefit from professional advice.
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.