Would you like to stop wasting money and find cheaper auto insurance rates in Honolulu, HI? Honolulu drivers have options when trying to find affordable Mazda RX-8 insurance. They can either spend hours calling around to compare prices or leverage the internet to find the lowest rates.
There are both good and bad ways to shop for auto insurance and you need to know the proper way to price shop coverage for your Mazda and get the lowest price either online or from Honolulu insurance agents.
It’s a good idea to do rate comparisons on a regular basis because insurance prices tend to go up over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates on Mazda RX-8 insurance in Honolulu on your last policy there may be better deals available now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the proper way to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
If you are insured now or are looking for a new policy, take advantage of these tips to shop for the lowest rates without reducing protection. We hope to tell you the best way to buy inexpensive auto insurance and some money-saving tips. Shoppers just need to learn the proper way to find the lowest price from many companies at once.
The price information displayed below highlights a range of policy rates for Mazda RX-8 models. Understanding how insurance prices are figured helps drivers make decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RX-8 Sport 4-Dr Coupe||$222||$398||$300||$18||$90||$1,028||$86|
|RX-8 Grand Touring 4-Dr Coupe||$222||$458||$300||$18||$90||$1,088||$91|
|RX-8 R3 4-Dr Coupe||$222||$458||$300||$18||$90||$1,088||$91|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in zip code location which can modify prices substantially.
Car insurance rates are higher with tickets and accidents
The illustration below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders can raise Mazda RX-8 insurance prices for each different age group. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Yearly car insurance costs for men versus women
The chart below shows the difference between Mazda RX-8 annual premium costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes a clean driving record, no claims, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Do you qualify for discounts on Mazda RX-8 insurance in Honolulu?
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but you can get discounts that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be asked about before you get the savings.
- ABS Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles have fewer accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Senior Citizens – Seniors may be able to get reduced rates.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home can help you save on auto insurance because owning a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Mazda could earn lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver’s education as it can save substantially.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once rather than spreading payments over time you may have a lower total premium amount.
You should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The information below compares Mazda RX-8 insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the premium. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Hawaii state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, marriage, multi-policy, and claim-free discounts applied.
A few companies that possibly offer these money-saving discounts include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask each insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Some credits might not apply in Honolulu.
Knowing the specifics of your policy can help you determine the right coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Mazda RX-8.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (20/40/10 in Hawaii), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Normally these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Coverage for medical expenses
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for bills for hospital visits, X-ray expenses, chiropractic care and rehabilitation expenses. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision coverage protection
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things like backing into a parked car, sustaining damage from a pot hole and sideswiping another vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible on your RX-8 to save money on collision insurance.
Auto liability insurance
This provides protection from damage that occurs to people or other property. It protects you against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 20/40/10 which stand for a $20,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $40,000, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers things such as loss of income, legal defense fees, structural damage and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying higher limits if possible. Hawaii state law requires minimum liability limits of 20/40/10 but it’s recommended drivers buy higher limits.
The illustration below demonstrates why low liability limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as rock chips in glass, damage from a tornado or hurricane, a broken windshield and hail damage. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Persistence pays off
Drivers change insurance companies for many reasons like policy cancellation, questionable increases in premium, high rates after DUI convictions or even being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason, switching auto insurance companies is easier than you think.
When shopping online for auto insurance, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to find lower-cost Mazda RX-8 insurance in Honolulu. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Steps to finding the cheapest rates for Mazda RX-8 insurance in Honolulu
The best way we recommend to find cheaper prices for Mazda RX-8 insurance in Honolulu is to compare prices at least once a year from insurance carriers in Hawaii.
- First, get a basic knowledge of the different coverages in a policy and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a not-so-good credit score can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, tell your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit a completed application and payment to your new carrier. When you receive it, keep the new certificate of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
The most important part of this process is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverage information on every price quote and and to get rates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This guarantees a level playing field and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Government Employees in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)