A recent insurance study discovered that a large majority of consumers have remained with the same insurance company for well over three years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average premium in Hawaii being $960, drivers could pocket roughly $400 a year by just shopping around, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to compare rates online.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find lower priced Mitsubishi Mirage insurance in Honolulu is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies in Hawaii. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Try to learn a little about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many rating factors that drive up the price like getting speeding tickets and a poor credit score can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper Mirage coverage is available. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Tell your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for the new coverage. Once the application is submitted, place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
An important part of this process is to compare the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to analyze as many companies as you can. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
If you already have coverage or are shopping for new coverage, use these tips to get lower rates and possibly find even better coverage. This information will tell you how car insurance quotes work and also pocket some savings Consumers just have to learn the fastest way to compare insurance rates using one simple form.
Why Smart Consumers Pay Less for Mitsubishi Mirage Insurance
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that play a part in calculating your premiums. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find cheaper rates.
The factors shown below are a few of the things used by your company to calculate rates.
- Certain jobs pay higher prices – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Occupations such as military generals, business owners, and emergency personnel tend to have higher average rates because of intense work situations and lots of time spent away from family. On the other hand, jobs such as scientists, engineers and performers pay lower than average rates.
- What are good liability insurance limits? – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you in the event that a jury decides you are liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage to attempt to prove you were not liable. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- A good credit score can save money – Having a good credit history is a large factor in determining premium rates. People that have high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims than drivers who have worse credit. Therefore, if your credit score can be improved, you could potentially save money when insuring your Mitsubishi Mirage by improving your rating.
- Gender is a factor – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Women and men have fender benders in similar percentages, but the males have accidents that have higher claims. Men also tend to get higher numbers of serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Performance impacts insurance premiums – The performance level of the vehicle you are insuring makes a substantial difference in your premium level. Lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles normally have pretty low rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Only buy incidental coverages you need – There are a ton of additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t diligent. Insurance for replacement cost coverage, towing, and term life insurance are examples of these. They may seem like a good idea when discussing your needs, but if they’re wasting money remove them and pocket the money.
- Premiums drop with age – Mature drivers are more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Youthful drivers are statistically shown to be inattentive and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
Insurance loss probability for a Mitsubishi Mirage – Car insurance companies factor in insurance loss information when setting rates for each model. Models that the data shows to have high amounts or severity of claims will have higher rates.
The table below outlines the historical insurance loss data for Mitsubishi Mirage vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles compiled together is set at 100. Percentages below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values that are above 100 point to more losses or tendency to have larger claims.
Mitsubishi Mirage Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Mitsubishi Mirage 135 108 119 215 242 159BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
The car insurance companies shown below can provide quotes in Hawaii. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Mitsubishi in Honolulu, insuring your vehicle is required by state law in Hawaii and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost every bank will require that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Mitsubishi at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves your car and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Mitsubishi as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying over $869 every year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Lower-cost Mitsubishi Mirage insurance rates in Honolulu
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but companies offer discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you get a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds who allow companies to monitor vehicle usage by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could save a few bucks if their driving habits are good.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Successfully completing a course teaching defensive driver skills could earn you a small percentage discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- New Car Discount – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Some insurance companies give better insurance rates if you take out some life insurance too.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more on Mirage insurance in Honolulu.
- Save over 55 – Older drivers can get a discount up to 10%.
- Paper-free Discount – A few insurance companies will give you a small discount for signing up on the web.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. Any amount of discount will positively reduce your insurance premiums.
If you would like to view insurers offering insurance discounts in Hawaii, click here to view.
Independent and exclusive auto insurance agents
Some people would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision Good agents can make sure you are properly covered and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of comparing car insurance online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance data is emailed to local insurance agents that provide free Honolulu auto insurance quotes to get your business. You won’t need to contact any agents as quotes are delivered directly to you. If you want to compare rates from a specific car insurance provider, you can always find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best insurer should depend on more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
What type of Honolulu auto insurance agent is right for you?
If you are searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures from which to choose. Car insurance agencies can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both can provide car insurance policies, but it is important to understand the difference in the companies they write for since it can affect the selection process.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel have only one company to place business with and examples are Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. These agents are usually well trained in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some consumers prefer to choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of high brand loyalty and solid financial strength.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Honolulu who may provide you with price quotes.
- Tina Tay – State Farm Insurance Agent
3615 Harding Ave Ste 303 – Honolulu, HI 96816 – (808) 394-5433 – View Map
- U’ilani Hawelu – State Farm Insurance Agent
1960 Kapiolani Blvd Ste 208 – Honolulu, HI 96826 – (808) 955-9090 – View Map
- Cindy Perkins – State Farm Insurance Agent
1313 S Beretania St #100 – Honolulu, HI 96814 – (808) 593-8221 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents do not work for one specific company and that gives them the ability to insure through many different car insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing car insurance rates, we highly recommend that you check rates from a few independent agents for the best price selection. Most also have access to smaller regional carriers that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Honolulu that can give you price quote information.
- Cornerstones Financial and Insurance Agency
250 Ward Ave #220 – Honolulu, HI 96814 – (808) 626-5068 – View Map
- Cavanah Associates, Inc.
1100 Alakea St #2600 – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 537-1970 – View Map
- Dongbu Insurance
1440 Kapiolani Blvd # 950 – Honolulu, HI 96814 – (808) 942-5353 – View Map
Shop around and save
Lower-priced auto insurance in Honolulu is definitely available both online as well as from independent agents in Honolulu, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some auto insurance companies may not provide internet price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, high prices, being labeled a high risk driver or even denial of a claim. Whatever your reason, finding a new auto insurance company is easier than you think.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can find cheaper Mitsubishi Mirage insurance in Honolulu. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the best price on auto insurance is with the smaller companies.
Even more information is located in these articles:
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Honolulu Car Insurance Rates for College Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Silverado in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Postal Workers in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)