I can’t think of a single person who looks forward to paying premiums for auto insurance, especially when they know they could find better rates elsewhere.
It goes without saying that insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Insureds who shop around for better prices will presumably buy a different policy because there is a good chance of finding lower prices. A study showed that consumers who regularly compared price quotes saved about $865 annually compared to policyholders who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding discount rates on Nissan 350Z insurance is your goal, then learning a little about how to compare coverage rates can make shopping around easier.
How to find cheaper Nissan 350Z insurance in Honolulu
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find low-cost car insurance rates is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies who provide auto insurance in Honolulu.
- Try to understand the coverage provided by your policy and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like accidents, careless driving, and an imperfect credit score can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple companies. Get quotes now
- Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available in Honolulu. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Tell your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to the newly selected company. As soon as you receive it, keep your new certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to analyze as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Because there are so many insurance companies to choose from that have affordable insurance for a Nissan 350Z in Honolulu, it can be impossible to pick the most cost effective auto insurance company.
Five Tips to Get Cheap Honolulu Insurance Premiums
An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating your insurance rates. If you know what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in better insurance rates.
The list below includes a few of the “ingredients” insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- Small coverages can add up – There are quite a few extra add-on coverages that can waste your money but may not be useful. Insurance for roadside assistance, better glass coverage, and additional equipment coverage are probably not needed. They may seem like a good idea at first, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
- Credit rating impacts premium prices – A driver’s credit history can be an important factor in determining what you pay for insurance. If your credit is lower than you’d like, you could be paying less to insure your Nissan 350Z by taking the time to improve your credit score. Consumers who have very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims than drivers with bad credit.
- Vocation stress can affect rates – Careers such as lawyers, executives, and financial analysts have higher premium rates in part from high stress levels and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, professions such as professors, engineers and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
- Reduce rates by driving vehicles with better crash test results – Safe vehicles tend to be cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles reduce occupant injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means less claims paid and cheaper rates on your policy. If the Nissan 350Z scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may pay a lower rate.
- You might want pay the small claims yourself – Insurance companies in Hawaii generally give the lowest premiums to people who file claims infrequently. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to higher rates. Insurance coverage is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
Best car insurance company in Honolulu
Picking a highly-rated insurance company can be challenging considering how many companies are available to choose from in Honolulu. The company ratings in the lists below could help you choose which insurers to look at when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 Honolulu Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
Top 10 Honolulu Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- State Farm – 90%
- Nationwide – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
- Esurance – 87%
- Progressive – 87%
You can lower your auto insurance rates
People change insurance companies for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, extreme rates for teen drivers, not issuing a premium refund or even being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching auto insurance companies is actually quite simple.
In this article, we covered many ideas to shop for Nissan 350Z insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Honolulu car insurance, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers may even find the lowest premium rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
When getting Honolulu car insurance quotes online, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost.
How to find low-cost rates for Nissan 350Z insurance in Honolulu
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get the cheapest car insurance rates in Honolulu is to compare prices once a year from providers who sell auto insurance in Hawaii. This can be done by following these steps.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the steps you can take to keep rates in check. Many things that result in higher rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and a not-so-good credit score can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers. View prices
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get price quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Retired Military in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)