It’s safe to conclude that insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Insureds who compare price quotes are very likely to switch companies because they have good chances of finding a cheaper policy. A recent study showed that drivers who compared prices regularly saved as much as $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If saving money on Nissan Juke insurance is the reason you’re reading this, then learning about the best way to shop and compare coverage rates can help you succeed in saving money.
The preferred way to find low-cost prices for Nissan Juke insurance is to annually compare prices from different companies who provide auto insurance in Honolulu.
Step 1: Try to understand how auto insurance works and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and bad credit can be controlled by paying attention to minor details. This article gives additional tips to help keep prices low and find possible discounts that are available.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available in Honolulu. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Tell your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a completed application and payment to the new insurer. As soon as you can, put the proof of insurance paperwork above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
An essential thing to point out is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same amount of coverage on each quote request and and to get quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or just want to reduce your rates, you can use this information to shop for the lowest rates without having to cut coverage. Buying affordable auto insurance in Honolulu is really not that difficult. Drivers just have to know the proper methods to compare rate quotes online from multiple companies.
The following companies have been selected to offer free quotes in Hawaii. If multiple providers are shown, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
Three reasons to not skimp on insurance
Even though it can be expensive, buying insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Nissan has a lienholder, most banks will make it mandatory that you have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Nissan at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Nissan gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your Juke definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Honolulu overpays more than $810 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Lower-cost Honolulu insurance quotes with discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain credits will be shown at the time of purchase, but some must be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- Student Discounts – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some insurance companies give a lower premium rate if you buy life insurance from them.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens are able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents get the best insurance rates in comparison with accident-prone drivers.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% with some insurance companies.
- E-sign Discounts – A handful of insurance companies will provide an incentive just for signing your application on the internet.
- Sign Early and Save – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching to them before your current expiration date. You may see this discount when you get Honolulu car insurance quotes online.
- Distant Student Discount – Youth drivers who live away from home at college and do not have a car could qualify for this discount.
You should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky.
If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Honolulu, click here.
Compare rates but buy from a local neighborhood Honolulu car insurance agent
Many drivers still prefer to talk to a local agent and that is a personal choice. Most agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for local agencies is definitely important in Honolulu.
By using this short form, your insurance data is sent to participating agents in Honolulu that can give you free Honolulu car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to contact any agents because prices are sent straight to your inbox. If you have a need to get a rate quote for a specific company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Best auto insurance agent in Honolulu
If you are searching for a local Honolulu insurance agency, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they function. Agents in Honolulu are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it is important to understand the difference in how they write coverage because it can factor into the kind of agent you use.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies and the insured can keep the same agent.
When searching for an agent, we highly recommend that you get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Shown below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Honolulu that may be able to provide pricing information.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company such as American Family, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are trained well on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Honolulu willing to provide price quotes.
Finding the right auto insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Honolulu?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Hawaii?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are unique to you.
For example, these questions may help highlight if you may require specific advice.
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Should I rate my Nissan Juke as pleasure use or commute?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Quote more to save more
More affordable car insurance in Honolulu can be found from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
We covered many ideas to reduce Nissan Juke insurance premium rates online in Honolulu. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get prices for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the biggest savings come from the smaller companies.
People leave their current company for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, policy non-renewal, lack of trust in their agent and delays in paying claims. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Unemployed Drivers in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Pilot in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Honolulu Auto Insurance for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Company Car in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a GMC Acadia in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)