The recommended way to get more affordable Nissan Titan insurance in Honolulu is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Hawaii. This can be done by following these steps.
- Try to learn about individual coverages and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that cause rate increases like your driving record and a substandard credit history can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article provides additional ideas to prevent high prices and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes for many different companies. View prices
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
The key thing to remember is to try to compare similar coverage information on every quote request and and to look at as many different companies as possible. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
A recent survey discovered that a large majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. Drivers in Hawaii could cut their rates by approximately $360 a year just by shopping around, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to save money by comparing rate quotes.
The best way to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to realize auto insurance companies provide online access to compare their rates. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is give the companies some data like how much coverage you want, whether you drive to work or school, how much education you have, and your general credit rating. Your information is instantly submitted to many of the top insurers and they provide comparison quotes with very little delay.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here then complete the form.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Honolulu, HI. If more than one company is shown, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Cheaper Honolulu insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list every policy discount very clearly, so the below list has both the well known and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Honolulu car insurance online.
- Good Students Pay Less – Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify for a discount when you quote Honolulu car insurance with some insurance companies.
- Military Discounts – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual, GEICO and Allstate allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear before the accident.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Drivers who insure all your vehicles on a single policy could earn a price break for each car.
- E-sign Discounts – A handful of insurance companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy on the web.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Safety Course Discount – Completing a driver safety course is a good idea and can lower rates and easily recoup the cost of the course.
Remember that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
The example below shows the difference between Nissan Titan yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The costs are based on a male driver, no claims or driving citations, Hawaii state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, marriage, multi-car, and multi-policy discounts applied.
The best insurance companies and their offered discounts are:
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including AAA membership discount, multi-policy, good driver, education and occupation, anti-theft, pay-in-full, and multi-car.
- Progressive discounts include good student, online quote discount, homeowner, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- State Farm has savings for accident-free, student away at school, multiple autos, defensive driving training, and good student.
- Esurance has discounts for DriveSense, anti-lock brakes, good driver, Pac-12 alumni, and claim free.
- Nationwide includes discounts for defensive driving, family plan, accident-free, business or organization, good student, and easy pay.
If you need affordable Honolulu car insurance quotes, ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Discounts might not be offered on policies in Honolulu. If you would like to choose from a list of providers who offer free Nissan Titan insurance quotes in Hawaii, click this link.
Rates and data analysis
The rate information shown next covers a range of coverage prices for Nissan Titan models. Being more informed about how insurance policy premiums are formulated helps drivers make smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Titan XE King Cab 4WD||$234||$344||$346||$20||$104||$1,048||$87|
|Titan XE King Cab 2WD||$264||$344||$434||$26||$130||$1,198||$100|
|Titan XE Crew Cab 4WD||$264||$344||$346||$20||$104||$1,078||$90|
|Titan SE King Cab 4WD||$264||$344||$346||$20||$104||$1,078||$90|
|Titan XE Crew Cab 2WD||$264||$344||$434||$26||$130||$1,198||$100|
|Titan SE King Cab 2WD||$264||$344||$434||$26||$130||$1,198||$100|
|Titan SE Crew Cab 4WD||$264||$406||$346||$20||$104||$1,140||$95|
|Titan Pro-4X King Cab 4WD||$264||$406||$346||$20||$104||$1,140||$95|
|Titan SE Crew Cab 2WD||$264||$406||$434||$26||$130||$1,260||$105|
|Titan Pro-4X Crew Cab 4WD||$264||$406||$346||$20||$104||$1,140||$95|
|Titan LE Crew Cab 4WD||$264||$406||$346||$20||$104||$1,140||$95|
|Titan LE Crew Cab 2WD||$294||$406||$434||$26||$130||$1,290||$108|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in specific Honolulu garaging location which can modify price quotes substantially.
The chart below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can raise or lower Nissan Titan insurance prices for each age group. The premiums are based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The chart below demonstrates how traffic citations and fender-benders can raise Nissan Titan annual premium costs for different ages of insureds. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Does full coverage make sense?
The chart below illustrates the difference between Nissan Titan insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The costs are based on no violations or claims, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no definitive rule of when to phase out full coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Nissan Titan claim settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $3,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are currently paying more than $300 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some conditions where dropping full coverage is not a good idea. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Local Honolulu car insurance agents and auto insurance
Many drivers prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision Most agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent.
After filling out this quick form, your information is emailed to local insurance agents that provide free Honolulu car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to drive around since price quotes are sent immediately to you. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right provider should include more criteria than just the premium amount. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
When finding a reliable insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they work. Agents in Honolulu can be described as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can provide auto insurance policies, but it’s important to point out how they are different because it may have an impact on buying decisions.
Agents of this type can only provide one company’s prices like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Honolulu that are able to give comparison quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These agents often have affiliation with several companies and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a cheaper price, they can switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When shopping rates, you definitely need to get several quotes from independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Honolulu who can help you get comparison quotes.
Once you have acceptable answers to any questions you have and locked in a price quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that can adequately provide auto insurance.
You Can Change Your Insurance Costs
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning the different types of things that aid in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that may result in lower premium levels. Many different elements are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but others are less apparent such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
The items below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by your company to calculate rates.
- How many coverages with the same company – The majority of car insurance companies will give better rates to buyers that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, it’s still a good idea to get quotes from other companies to ensure the best deal.
- Lower rates for cars with good safety ratings – Safe vehicles cost less to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries translates directly to fewer claims which can mean better rates for you. If your Nissan Titan earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may pay a lower rate.
- Physical damage deductibles are a factor – Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be a broken windshield, flood damage, and windstorm damage. The deductibles you choose are how much you are willing to pay before your car insurance pays a claim. The higher the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
With age comes responsibility – Inexperience drivers are known to be easily distracted when driving so car insurance rates are higher. Parents adding a beginning driver onto your car insurance can cause a big jump in price. Older insureds are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cause fewer claims and accidents, and get fewer tickets.
The following data uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Avoid unnecessary extra coverages – There are many additional coverages you can purchase if you aren’t careful. Insurance for things like rental car reimbursement, accident forgiveness, and additional equipment coverage are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment when deciding what coverages you need, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
- How much liability coverage – Liability insurance will protect you in the event that a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. This coverage provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Men pay higher premiums – Statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn’t mean females are better at driving than males. Males and females are responsible for fender benders in similar percentages, but the males tend to have higher claims. They also get higher numbers of serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
The example below illustrates the difference between Nissan Titan auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Nissan Titan claim probability – Auto insurance companies factor in insurance loss information when determining insurance prices. Vehicles that are shown to have higher losses will cost more for coverage. The table shown below demonstrates the insurance loss data for Nissan Titan vehicles.
For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles compiled together is considered to be 100. Numbers below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Nissan Titan Models Specific Nissan Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Titan Crew Cab 2WD 95 127 120 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4WD 95 137 109 77 99 108 Nissan Titan Ext Cab 2WD 117 111 Nissan Titan Ext Cab 4WD 106 107BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Three main reasons to buy insurance
Even though Honolulu Titan insurance rates can get expensive, paying for insurance serves an important purpose.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, most banks will stipulate that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Nissan at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average American driver is overpaying more than $830 a year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
You can find cheaper coverage
In this article, we covered a lot of tips how to shop for Nissan Titan insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the biggest savings come from the smaller companies. Regional companies often have lower auto insurance rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
As you shop your coverage around, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Budget-friendly car insurance in Honolulu can be purchased on the web and also from your neighborhood Honolulu agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. Some car insurance companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Honolulu Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Homeowners in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Honolulu Car Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)