It’s an obvious conclusion that auto insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. People who get price quotes annually are highly likely to buy a different policy because they have good chances of finding discount prices. Remarkably, a study showed that people who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved approximately $860 a year compared to people who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding low prices for Pontiac G8 insurance is your ultimate goal, then learning a little about the best way to shop and compare cheaper coverage can help simplify the process.
If you want to save money, the best way to get more affordable Pontiac G8 insurance in Honolulu is to compare quotes annually from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Hawaii.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about how companies set rates and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many factors that increase rates such as at-fault accidents and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to see if cheaper G8 coverage is available. If you find a better price and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application for your new policy. Once the application is submitted, put the proof of insurance certificate somewhere easily accessible.
A key point to remember is to try to compare identical limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get prices from as many companies as possible. This ensures a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Affordable companies for Pontiac G8 insurance
The providers in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Honolulu, HI. If several companies are displayed, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Cheaper Honolulu auto insurance quotes with discounts
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Certain credits will be shown when you get a quote, but a few need to be asked for before they will apply.
- Smart Student Discounts – Being a good student may save you up to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Save with a New Car – Putting auto insurance coverage on a new G8 can save you some money since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Multiple Cars – Purchasing coverage when you have all your vehicles with the same auto insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Government Employee Discount – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% but check with your company.
- Low Mileage – Low annual miles can earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance and insure them with the same company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Active Military Service – Having a deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate will forgive one accident without raising rates if you have no claims prior to the accident.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way.
Auto insurance companies that have these money-saving discounts include:
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in every state. To find insurers with the best discounts in Honolulu, click here.
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Your financial needs are unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- What if I total my Pontiac G8 and owe more than it’s worth?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
You may need help from an agent
Some consumers still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Agents are trained risk managers and help you file claims. The best thing about getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still have a local agent. Supporting local agencies is still important in Honolulu.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance data gets sent to companies in Honolulu who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. In the event you want to compare prices for a specific company, you just need to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
If you are wanting to find a local Honolulu insurance agency, you need to know there are two different agency structures from which to choose. Insurance agencies in Honolulu may be either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either type can do a good job, but it is a good idea to know how they differ because it can influence the type of agent you choose.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type do not sell for just one brand so they can quote policies with lots of companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If they find a lower price, they simply move the coverage in-house which is easy for the insured. If you need lower rates, you definitely need to compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates.
Featured below are Honolulu independent insurance agents that may be able to provide rate quotes.
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. These agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Honolulu that can give you comparison quotes.
Finding a good insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Who are their largest clients?
- How are they compensated?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
Auto insurance company ratings
Ending up with a highly-rated company is hard considering how many choices drivers have in Hawaii. The company rank data shown below could help you analyze which auto insurers you want to consider comparing rates from.
Top 10 Honolulu Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- State Farm – 90%
- Nationwide – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
- Esurance – 87%
- Progressive – 87%
Auto insurance coverages explained
Having a good grasp of your auto insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are the usual coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for immediate expenses like ambulance fees, hospital visits and X-ray expenses. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to you and your occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – This coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many Hawaii drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 20/40/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Usually the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Collision coverage – Collision insurance covers damage to your G8 resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things like scraping a guard rail, backing into a parked car and crashing into a building. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your G8 to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive auto coverage – This will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like damage from getting keyed, theft and vandalism. The most your auto insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Auto liability – Liability coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property in an accident. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see values of 20/40/10 that means you have a $20,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $40,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is a combined limit which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers claims such as repair costs for stationary objects, court costs, bail bonds and medical services. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. Hawaii requires minimum liability limits of 20/40/10 but you should consider buying higher limits.
The chart below shows why buying minimum limits may not be enough coverage.
Don’t give up on cheaper rates
Low-cost Pontiac G8 insurance in Honolulu can be purchased on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies may not offer online rate quotes and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
We just covered some good ideas how you can get a better price on Pontiac G8 insurance in Honolulu. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a small mutual company. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
When shopping online for insurance, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where an insured dropped liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Mazda CX-7 in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Active Military in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)