A recent survey discovered that about 70% of customers have remained with the same insurance company for over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never quoted insurance rates at all. Honolulu insurance shoppers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing quotes, but most tend to underestimate how much money they would save if they switched.
To save the most money, the best way to save on car insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from insurers that insure vehicles in Honolulu. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- Spend some time learning about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like multiple speeding tickets and a less-than-favorable credit score can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article provides ideas to get cheaper rates and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from many different companies. Click to view companies
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit payment and a completed application for the new coverage. As soon as you receive it, put the certificate verifying coverage with your vehicle’s registration.
One tip to remember is to make sure you enter similar coverage information on each quote request and and to get quotes from all possible companies. This ensures a fair rate comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Buying the cheapest insurance in Honolulu is really not that difficult. If you have coverage now or are shopping for new coverage, you can use this information to cut your premiums and still get good coverage. Smart shoppers just need to understand the most effective way to shop for insurance from many different companies online.
Lower rate quotes on Pontiac Solstice insurance in Honolulu with these car insurance discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that may apply to you.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them complete a driver education course in school.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some companies reward drivers for buying a new policy before your current expiration date. You may see this discount when you get Honolulu car insurance quotes online.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- E-sign Discounts – A few larger online companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application online.
- Good Student Discount – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Professional Memberships – Having an affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on car insurance.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
As a footnote on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
To see providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Honolulu, follow this link.
Getting cheap Pontiac Solstice car insurance pricing doesn’t have to be difficult. Just invest a few minutes to compare rate quotes to find the company with low cost Honolulu car insurance quotes.
It’s so fast and easy to compare rates online that it takes the place of having to make phone calls or go to each insurance agency near you. Buying insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you want the professional abilities of a local Honolulu agent. Although, it is possible comparison shop your insurance online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide free quotes in Hawaii. If several companies are displayed, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
When to get professional advice
When quoting and comparing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different and your policy should reflect that.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- What if I total my Pontiac Solstice and owe more than it’s worth?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Insurance agencies near you
Many people still like to visit with an insurance agent and that is a smart decision Experienced insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Honolulu who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent as quotes are delivered directly to you. If you want to compare rates from a specific company, you just need to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Picking an company needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Honolulu?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Is there a local claims center in Honolulu?
When searching for a local Honolulu insurance agent, you should know the different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Agents in Honolulu may be either exclusive or independent. Either type can write policy coverage, but it’s worth learning the difference between them since it can impact your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents are contracted to one company and examples are State Farm or Allstate. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below are Honolulu exclusive agents who may provide you with price quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents do not have single company limitations and that allows them to write policies through lots of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a lower price, your agent can switch companies which requires no work on your part. When comparing insurance prices, you definitely need to get rate quotes from several independent agencies for maximum quote selection.
The following are independent insurance agencies in Honolulu who can help you get price quotes.
If you get good answers for all questions you ask as well as a affordable price, it’s a good possibility that you have found a car insurance agent that is reliable enough to insure your vehicles. Just be aware that policyholders can cancel your coverage at any point so don’t think that you are obligated to the insurance policy for the entire policy term.
Don’t give up on cheap rates
Discount Pontiac Solstice insurance in Honolulu is possible both online and from local agencies, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies do not offer rate quotes online and many times these small, regional companies work with local independent agencies.
We covered many ideas to shop for Pontiac Solstice insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get premium rates for, the higher your chance of finding affordable Pontiac Solstice insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a small local company. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The goal is to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
More tips and info about insurance is located at these sites:
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Teenagers in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Police Officers in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Honolulu Car Insurance Rates for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Honolulu Auto Insurance for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota Camry in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Government Employees in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)