Anyone knows that car insurance companies don't want you shop around. People who shop around for cheaper rates are likely to move their business because there is a high probability of finding a cheaper policy. A recent study showed that drivers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved about $865 annually compared to those who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the lowest price on car insurance in Honolulu is your target objective, then having some insight into how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
Really, the only way to get low-cost auto insurance rates in Honolulu is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers who provide car insurance in Hawaii. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Try to learn a little about how insurance works and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price such as high-risk driving behaviors and a poor credit rating can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Read the full article for instructions to get cheaper coverage and find hidden discounts.
- Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save money, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new insurance company. Make sure you put the certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One piece of advice is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as possible. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
To get inexpensive Honolulu auto insurance quotes, there a variety of ways to get quotes from different companies. The best method to lower the rate you pay for Dodge Magnum insurance involves getting comparison quotes online.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it replaces the need to make phone calls or go to and from local Honolulu insurance agencies. Comparing online rate quotes eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you have a complicated situation and need the professional assistance of a local agency. Some companies do allow you to compare the best prices online but still have the advice of a local agent. When quoting insurance, remember that comparing more prices helps increase your odds of locating a lower rate than you're paying now.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Honolulu, HI. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Buying the right vehicle insurance in Hawaii is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Dodge Magnum insurance, maintaining insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Dodge Magnum, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Dodge for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects both your Dodge Magnum and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays more than $855 a year so it's important to compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Verify you're applying every discount
Some insurance providers don't always list all available discounts in a way that's easy to find, so below is a list some of the more common as well as the least known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Bundled Policy Discount - When you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of paying each month you can avoid the installment charge.
- Smart Student Discounts - This discount could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- No Accidents - Claim-free drivers have much lower rates in comparison to drivers with a long claim history.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Cars that have air bags can qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Taking a driver safety class is a good idea and can lower rates depending on where you live.
- Paper-free Discount - A handful of larger companies will give a small break for buying your policy digitally online.
- Telematics Discount - Policyholders that allow companies to analyze driving habits by using a telematics device such as Progressive's Snapshot might see lower rates if their driving habits are good.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don't profit that way.
If you would like to view insurers that offer multiple discounts in Hawaii, follow this link.