Ford Focus insurance image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
It's safe to assume that auto insurance companies don't want you to look for cheaper rates. Drivers who get price comparisons will presumably buy a different policy because there is a good chance of finding a policy with better rates. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who routinely compared quotes saved on average $860 a year compared to other drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If saving the most money on car insurance is why you're reading this, knowing the best ways to shop for insurance rates can make the process more efficient.
To save the most money, the best way to find discount Ford Focus insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from companies in Honolulu. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- It will benefit you to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that result in higher rates like traffic citations, accidents, and a negative credit history can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article gives instructions to get cheaper rates and get bigger discounts.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on Focus insurance. If you find better rates, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your existing policy and submit a completed policy application and payment for your new policy. As soon as you have the new policy, keep your new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle's glove compartment or console.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to use similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to look at as many carriers as you can. This provides a level playing field and a thorough selection of prices.
Slash rates with these discounts
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you might be missing out on some discounts that many people don't even know exist. Certain credits will be shown at the time of purchase, but a few must be specially asked for before being credited.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Having all your vehicles on a single policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Multi-line Discount - If the company offers life insurance, you could get better insurance rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- Clubs and Organizations - Having an affiliation with a qualifying organization is a simple method to lower premiums on insurance.
- E-sign - A few insurance companies will give you a small discount just for signing your application on your computer.
- Smart Student Discounts - Being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- No Claims - Good drivers with no accidents get the best insurance rates when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Focus insurance in Honolulu.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you can bundle your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company you will save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
As a sidenote, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won't be that lucky.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Ford Focus premium costs with and without discounts applied. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, Hawaii state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-car, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
Large insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- State Farm may include discounts for good driver, multiple autos, anti-theft, accident-free, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO offers discounts including defensive driver, anti-theft, five-year accident-free, multi-policy, emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, and driver training.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for new move discount, good student, new graduate, teen driver discount, and newly retired.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for good student, air bag, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, bundle, and driver training.
- MetLife discounts include defensive driver, good student, multi-policy, good driver, and claim-free.
- Progressive includes discounts for online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and online signing.
If you need cheaper Honolulu auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Discounts may not apply to policies in your area. To locate insurance companies who offer cheap Ford Focus insurance quotes in Hawaii, click this link.
The companies shown below offer price quotes in Hawaii. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Car insurance analysis for a Ford Focus
The table displayed next highlights different coverage costs for Ford Focus models. Learning more about how insurance premiums are established can be useful when making informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$190||$464||$344||$20||$104||$1,122||$94|
|Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$190||$464||$344||$20||$104||$1,122||$94|
|Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$190||$548||$344||$20||$104||$1,206||$101|
|Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$190||$548||$344||$20||$104||$1,206||$101|
|Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$218||$548||$388||$24||$116||$1,294||$108|
|Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$218||$548||$388||$24||$116||$1,294||$108|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can raise or lower premiums substantially.
Insurance is unique, just like you
When it comes to the right insurance coverage, there is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent's advice.
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local Honolulu insurance agent
A lot of people just prefer to sit down with an agent and that is just fine! Experienced insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of comparing insurance online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent.
After completing this short form, your information is transmitted to participating agents in Honolulu who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to do any legwork since price quotes are sent to you instantly. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best insurer is decision based upon more than just the price. These are valid questions to ask:
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Honolulu?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Honolulu for you
When narrowing the list to find a good insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Insurance agents are either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either type can handle insurance, but it's important to know the difference in the companies they write for since it could factor into which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can usually just insure with one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are well schooled on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers often use the same agent mostly because of the prominent brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Honolulu that can give you price quote information.
- Gary Nakamura - State Farm Insurance Agent
1016 Kapahulu Ave #250 - Honolulu, HI 96816 - (808) 734-3265 - View Map
- Kaina Kauahi - State Farm Insurance Agent
560 N Nimitz Hwy #217f - Honolulu, HI 96817 - (808) 524-9997 - View Map
- Scott Saito - State Farm Insurance Agent
1150 S King St #901d - Honolulu, HI 96814 - (808) 946-8464 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent often have affiliation with several companies so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your policy is moved internally which requires no work on your part. When comparing insurance rates, you will definitely want to check rates from a couple of independent agencies to have the best price comparison. They often place coverage with smaller companies which may have better rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Honolulu that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Royal State National Insurance Company
819 S Beretania St - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 539-1600 - View Map
- First Insurance Co of Hawaii Limited
1100 Ward Ave # Main, Honolulu, HI 96814, Honolulu, 96818 - Honolulu, HI 96818 - (808) 527-7777 - View Map
- John H Connors Insurance
500 Ala Moana Blvd # 2303 - Honolulu, HI 96813 - (808) 534-7300 - View Map
Don't give up on cheap premiums
Budget-friendly insurance in Honolulu can be bought from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not offer rate quotes online and these small, regional companies sell through independent insurance agents.
When getting Honolulu auto insurance quotes online, it's not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
We just covered some good ideas how to lower your Ford Focus insurance premium rates in Honolulu. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the best premium rates are with a small local company.
Additional learning opportunities
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Teenage Males in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)