If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find the cheapest price for Lincoln Continental insurance is to compare prices annually from different companies that insure vehicles in Honolulu. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- Gain an understanding of what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that cause rate increases such as inattentive driving and an unacceptable credit rating can be rectified by paying attention to minor details.
- Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates from many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper Continental coverage is available in Honolulu. If you can save money and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your agent or company to cancel your current policy and submit payment and a signed application to your new company or agent. Once coverage is bound, place your new certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you enter identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to analyze as many different companies as possible. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
It goes without saying that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. People who shop around annually will, in all likelihood, switch car insurance companies because of the good chance of finding a policy with more affordable rates. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who compared price quotes annually saved on average $72 a month compared to people who never compared rates.
If finding budget-friendly rates on insurance in Honolulu is the reason you’re reading this, then having some insight into the best ways to find and compare coverages can make it easier for you to save money.
If you’re already insured, you will definitely be able to reduce the price you pay using this strategy. Shopping around for the lowest-priced protection in Honolulu is not that difficult. Although Hawaii consumers do need to understand the way insurance companies calculate your policy premium and use it to find better rates.
How to get cheap Lincoln Continental insurance in Honolulu, HI
When looking for the cheapest Lincoln Continental rate quotes, there are a couple ways of comparing rates from local Honolulu insurance companies. The easiest way to do a complete rate comparison is to use the internet to compare rates.
Just keep in mind that having more price comparisons increases the chance that you will find a lower rate than you’re paying now. Some smaller insurers do not give online Honolulu Continental insurance quotes, so it’s necessary to compare quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The companies in the list below provide comparison quotes in Honolulu, HI. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
You may qualify for discounts for Lincoln Continental insurance in Honolulu
Some insurers do not advertise all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains some of the best known as well as some of the hidden credits available to you. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but a few companies such as Allstate and State Farm will turn a blind eye to one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving less could qualify for slightly better premium rates than normal.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may qualify for a slight reduction on a Honolulu auto insurance quote.
- Professional Memberships – Affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your next renewal.
- Telematics Data – People who choose to allow their company to study when and where they use their vehicle by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot could possibly reduce rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government may reduce rates when you quote Honolulu auto insurance with some car insurance companies.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a vehicle that is new is cheaper since new vehicles are generally safer.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck.
The best car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- 21st Century may include discounts for good student, automatic seat belts, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, and early bird.
- Progressive has discounts for good student, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- State Farm may have discounts that include good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, safe vehicle, and defensive driving training.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including family plan, business or organization, defensive driving, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- Esurance offers discounts including homeowner, Pac-12 alumni, emergency road assistance, multi-policy, and online quote.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for bundle, good student, air bag, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, and driver training.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company the best way to save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply everywhere. To view car insurance companies with the best Lincoln Continental insurance discounts in Hawaii, click here.
Why Your Insurance Premiums might be higher
Lots of things are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but others are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven. A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing some of the elements that help determine the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get better auto insurance rates.
The list below includes most of the major factors auto insurance companies consider when setting prices.
How many coverages with the same company – Some companies give better rates to people that purchase more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to as much as ten percent or more Even with this discount, it’s in your best interest to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. Consumers may find a better deal by buying auto insurance from a different company.
High premiums for teenage drivers – Young drivers in Hawaii are statistically proven to be easily distracted when driving with friends therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Older, more experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable.
Gender and auto insurance premiums – The statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that females are better drivers. Males and females tend to get into accidents at a similar rate, but the men have costlier accidents. Not only that, but men also get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 generally have the highest accident percentage so it costs more to insure them.
Lower rates for vehicles with better crash test results – Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. The safest vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower rates of occupant injuries means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates. If your Lincoln has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may cost less to insure.
Local Honolulu car insurance agents
Some people prefer to go talk to an agent and that can be a smart move One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you can get lower rates and still have a local agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is important particularly in Honolulu.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that can give you free Honolulu auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to search for an agent as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can find better rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Is an exclusive or independent auto insurance agent right for you?
If you are searching for a reputable agency, there are a couple of different agency structures that you can select. Insurance agencies are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These agents are not locked into one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a cheaper price, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rates, it’s a good idea to get quotes from at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. They often place coverage with different regional companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Honolulu who may be able to give you free insurance rate quotes.
- Cornerstones Financial and Insurance Agency
250 Ward Ave #220 – Honolulu, HI 96814 – (808) 626-5068 – View Map
- First Insurance Co of Hawaii Limited
1100 Ward Ave # Main, Honolulu, HI 96814, Honolulu, 96818 – Honolulu, HI 96818 – (808) 527-7777 – View Map
- John H Connors Insurance
500 Ala Moana Blvd # 2303 – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 534-7300 – View Map
Agents of this type can only quote rates from one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. They are highly trained in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some insured continue to buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the brand name rather than low rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Honolulu that are able to give rate quotes.
- Herb Fujikawa – State Farm Insurance Agent
3538 Waialae Ave #205 – Honolulu, HI 96816 – (808) 732-1076 – View Map
- Jef Saragena – State Farm Insurance Agent
677 Ala Moana Blvd Ste 310 – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 951-0866 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance Hawaii
Six Waterfront Plaza 3rd Floor, 500 Ala Moana Blvd – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 533-2444 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agency should include more criteria than just a cheap price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- How long has their agency been open in Honolulu?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
Once you have answers to your satisfaction to any questions you may have and inexpensive Lincoln Continental insurance in Honolulu quotes, you may have found a car insurance agent that is a good match to adequately provide insurance. Just understand that consumers can cancel coverage at any point so never assume that you’re stuck with any particular company for the entire policy term.
When in doubt talk to an agent
When it comes to the best insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Your financial needs are unique.
For example, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Who is covered when they drive my Lincoln Continental?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
More quotes mean more auto insurance savings
People leave their current company for a number of reasons such as unfair underwriting practices, denial of a claim, lack of trust in their agent or policy cancellation. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company is actually quite simple.
You just learned some good ideas how you can save on Lincoln Continental insurance in Honolulu. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier.
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
To learn more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Teenagers in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Honolulu Car Insurance for Teachers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)