Do you want more affordable Mercury Montego insurance in Honolulu? Did a good deal turn into high-priced Mercury Montego insurance in Honolulu? It’s a common feeling and many Honolulu consumers feel financially strained by their car insurance policy.
It’s shocking but the vast majority of consumers have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Many consumers in Honolulu can cut their rates by up to 40% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t want to save money by comparing rate quotes.
Steps to finding cheaper rates for Mercury Montego insurance in Honolulu
The recommended way to get the cheapest Mercury Montego insurance in Honolulu is to compare quotes once a year from providers in Hawaii.
Step 1: Try to comprehend auto insurance and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a lousy credit rating can be controlled by paying attention to minor details. Later in this article we will cover additional tips to prevent rate hikes and earn larger discounts.
Step 2: Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on Montego insurance in Honolulu. If you can save some money, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to use identical coverage information on each price quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Multiple car insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, so it’s not easy to compare every insurance company to find the lowest price on Mercury Montego insurance in Honolulu.
It’s a good habit to quote other rates periodically because prices tend to go up over time. If you had the best price on Mercury Montego insurance in Honolulu at your last renewal you may be paying too much now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the quickest way to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Mercury Montego insurance in Honolulu.
If you have coverage now or just want to reduce your rates, you can follow these tips to reduce the price you pay without reducing protection. Choosing the best rates in Honolulu is much easier if you know where to start. Shoppers just need to learn the best way to shop using one simple form.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Hawaii. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Insurance does more than just repair your car
Even though Honolulu Montego insurance rates can get expensive, paying for insurance serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Mercury Montego has a lienholder, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Mercury at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance preserves both your assets and your Mercury. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your Montego greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in America is wasting up to $825 a year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Some insurers don’t always advertise all possible discounts very well, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to bring down your rates.
- Payment Method – By paying your entire bill at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage may enable drivers to earn slightly better premium rates than normal.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some companies give a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking time to complete a safe driver course may get you a small discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Student Driver Training – Teen drivers should enroll in driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less as opposed to bad drivers.
- Club Memberships – Having an affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups could earn you a nice discount on car insurance.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck. But all discounts will help lower your premiums.
To find companies offering car insurance discounts in Hawaii, click this link.
Buying insurance from Honolulu insurance agents
A small number of people still like to get advice from a local agent and that is just fine! Experienced insurance agents can help you build your policy and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still have a local agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Honolulu that can give you free Honolulu car insurance quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent to you directly. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best provider is decision based upon more than just the price. Any agent in Honolulu should have no problem answering these questions:
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
Auto insurance can get complicated
When it comes to buying insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- When should I drop full coverage on my Mercury Montego?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Hawaii minimum liability coverage?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Honolulu?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Best auto insurance in Hawaii
Buying coverage from the best insurer can be rather challenging considering how many choices there are in Honolulu. The company information below may help you select which companies to look at when looking for cheaper rates.
Top 10 Honolulu Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Farmers Insurance
Top 10 Honolulu Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- AAA Insurance – A
- Liberty Mutual – A
Be persistent and save
People change insurance companies for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, extreme rates for teen drivers, high prices and not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching car insurance companies can be pretty painless.
The cheapest Mercury Montego insurance in Honolulu can be bought from both online companies and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these regional carriers work with local independent agents.
You just learned some good ideas how you can shop for Mercury Montego insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Honolulu car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from the smaller companies.
Steps to quoting cheaper Mercury Montego insurance in Honolulu
Really, the only way to find low-cost auto insurance rates in Honolulu is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurance carriers in Hawaii.
- Get a basic knowledge of how companies price auto insurance and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many things that increase rates such as your driving record and poor credit can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a completed application and payment to the newly selected company. As soon as you receive it, keep your new certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to get rates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This guarantees a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Additional information can be found at these links:
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Honolulu Auto Insurance Quotes for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Honolulu Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Lyft Drivers in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)