A recent insurance study revealed that the majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. Most drivers in the United States could save roughly $860 a year, but most tend to underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get discount car insurance rates in Honolulu is to annually compare prices from insurance carriers in Hawaii.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many rating factors that increase rates such as traffic violations and a negative credit score can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article provides information to get cheaper coverage and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Second, request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new company or agent. As soon as you receive it, keep your new proof of insurance certificate in your glove compartment.
A good tip to remember is to try to use the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and the best rate selection.
Most of the larger companies make it easy to get price estimates from their websites. The process is fairly simple as you simply enter your coverage preferences as requested by the quote form. After you complete the form, their system pulls your driving and credit reports and returns pricing information based on these factors. Getting online rates for Scion iQ insurance in Honolulu makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s necessary to do this if you want to get lower-cost car insurance pricing.
If you want to use this form to compare rates, check out the car insurance providers below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you complete the form with deductibles and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. This makes sure you are getting a rate comparison for exact coverage.
The providers in the list below can provide free quotes in Hawaii. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get the cheapest price.
Do you qualify for discounts on Scion iQ insurance in Honolulu?
Some insurance providers do not advertise every discount very well, so we break down some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Honolulu car insurance online.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Driver Safety – Successfully completing a driver safety class could earn you a small percentage discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow their car insurance company to analyze vehicle usage through the use of a telematics system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may see discounts as long as the data is positive.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy and insure them both with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member can result in better car insurance rates.
- Early Switch Discount – Some larger companies reward drivers for buying a new policy prior to your current iQ insurance policy expiring. You may see this discount when you get Honolulu car insurance quotes online.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Paperless Signup – A few larger online companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks shop Honolulu car insurance online.
- Multiple Cars – Buying coverage for several vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
Large car insurance companies and a selection of discounts include:
- State Farm offers premium reductions for accident-free, passive restraint, student away at school, anti-theft, multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and multiple autos.
- GEICO may include discounts for membership and employees, military active duty, daytime running lights, multi-policy, and defensive driver.
- Allstate has savings for economy car, auto/life discount, defensive driver, multi-policy, EZ pay plan discount, and resident student.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including multi-car, safe driver, drive less, bundle discounts, homeowner, anti-theft, and teen safety rewards.
- Farm Bureau discounts include multi-vehicle, safe driver, 55 and retired, multi-policy, youthful driver, and renewal discount.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, homeowner, online signing, multi-policy, and good student.
- AAA may have discounts that include pay-in-full, good driver, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, good student, multi-car, and education and occupation.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Honolulu. If you would like to see a list of car insurance companies who offer online Scion iQ insurance quotes in Hawaii, follow this link.
Components of Your Scion iQ Insurance Costs
Many factors are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, but other factors are not as apparent such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
- Discounts for multiple policies – Lots of auto insurance companies will award better rates to buyers that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it’s always a smart idea to check prices from other companies to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Extra coverages you don’t use – Insurance companies have many add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t careful. Coverages for rental car coverage, better glass coverage, and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. They may seem good when discussing your needs, but if you’ve never needed them in the past think about removing them and cutting costs.
- More miles driven equals more premium – The higher the miles on your Scion in a year the higher your rates will be. Most insurance companies rate vehicles based on their usage. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time can be on a lower rate level than cars that get driven a lot. Ask your agent if your declarations sheet correctly shows annual mileage, because it can save money. A policy that improperly rates your iQ is throwing money out the window.
- Insurance costs and driver gender – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. Now that doesn’t mean men are worse drivers. Men and women cause auto accidents at a similar rate, but men have accidents that have higher claims. Men also statistically receive more costly citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 cause the most accidents and thus pay the highest rates.
Scion iQ insurance loss probability – Auto insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that tend to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will cost more to insure. The information below illustrates the collected loss data for Scion iQ vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, as an average, is equal to 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers above 100 point to more losses or statistically larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Scion iQ Models Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Scion iQ 77 81 75BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years