How many times have you told yourself to find low-cost Scion xD insurance in Honolulu? Trying to find better insurance prices for your Scion xD in Hawaii can turn out to be a painful process, but you can follow a few tricks to find lower rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to buy auto insurance and you need to know the proper way to get price quotes for a new or used Scion and find the lowest price.
You need to get comparison quotes occasionally because insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you had the best deal on Scion xD insurance in Honolulu two years ago a different company probably has better rate quotes today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in one of the easiest ways to lower your annual insurance bill.
The best way we recommend to compare car insurance rates for Scion xD insurance in Honolulu is to know the fact most larger insurance companies provide online access to quote your coverage. To get started, all you need to do is provide a little information such as if you’re married, your education level, how much coverage you want, and if a SR-22 is required. That rating information gets transmitted to many different companies and you will get price comparisons almost instantly.
To compare affordable Scion xD insurance rates now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Honolulu.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Honolulu, HI. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you get rates from several of them to get the cheapest price.
Scion xD insurance charts and tables
The rate information shown next showcases detailed analysis of prices for Scion xD models. Understanding more about how auto insurance premiums are determined is important for drivers to make decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XD 4-Dr Hatchback||$144||$278||$264||$16||$80||$782||$65|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Hawaii minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in zip code location which can decrease or increase price quotes noticeably.
Males versus Females
The diagram below shows the comparison of Scion xD insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no violations or claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Why you need vehicle insurance in Hawaii
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Scion in Honolulu, insuring your vehicle is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Scion xD with a loan, most banks will stipulate that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Scion at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your Scion but also your assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially with large liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying over $825 a year so compare rate quotes each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
What Impacts Scion xD Insurance Prices?
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like your driving record, although some other factors are less obvious like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating. The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at the factors that are used to determine your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you lower rates.
Does your employer cost you more? – Occupations like judges, air traffic controllers, and financial analysts are shown to have higher rates than average due to stressful work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, jobs like professors, athletes and retirees have lower than average premiums.
High credit scores save money – Having a bad credit score can be a huge factor in your rate calculation. Insureds that have high credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with lower ratings. So if your credit rating could use some work, you may save money insuring your Scion xD by repairing your credit.
Drive fewer miles and save – The higher the mileage driven every year the more you will pay for insurance. Most insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates compared to those used for work or business. Make sure your insurance coverage properly reflects the right rating data. Having the wrong rating on your xD can result in significantly higher rates.
No insurance claims equals lower insurance rates – If you file claims often, don’t be surprised to see much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies in Hawaii provide the lowest premiums to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
Safer cars means cheaper insurance rates – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to be cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection translates into savings for insurance companies and cheaper rates on your policy.
Don’t skimp on liability insurance – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage will afford coverage if you are ruled to be at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. It will provide you with a defense in court to defend your case. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
Cheaper Scion xD insurance in Honolulu
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you might be missing out on some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Most are applied when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be asked for before you get the savings.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Passing a course that instructs on driving safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Telematics Discount – Policyholders that allow their company to track their driving habits by installing a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could possibly reduce rates if they show good driving skills.
- Student Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver’s education class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Professional Memberships – Joining qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your next car insurance statement.
- Paperwork-free – Certain larger companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application on the web.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you could receive a discount up to 10%.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you could save nearly 15% which can help you find inexpensive Scion xD insurance in Honolulu.
One thing to note about discounts is that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky.
The example below compares Scion xD auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Hawaii state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, marriage, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
Companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- State Farm offers discounts for safe vehicle, good student, Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, defensive driving training, and multiple autos.
- GEICO includes discounts for five-year accident-free, military active duty, daytime running lights, air bags, driver training, membership and employees, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for good student, online quote discount, multi-policy, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and online signing.
- 21st Century may include discounts for student driver, homeowners, automatic seat belts, anti-lock brakes, and driver training.
- American Family offers discounts including multi-vehicle, defensive driver, Steer into Savings, TimeAway discount, air bags, and good driver.
- The Hartford discounts include anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, air bag, defensive driver, good student, and driver training.
- AAA may have discounts that include multi-car, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, good student, and good driver.
Double check with every prospective company how you can save money. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area. For a list of providers that offer multiple discounts in Honolulu, click here.
Car insurance is available from agents near you
A lot of people would prefer to talk to a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Good insurance agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is you can get better rates and still choose a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will return price quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent to you directly. If you have a need to get a rate quote for a specific company, just go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing an provider shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. These questions are important to ask:
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- How long has their agency been in business in Honolulu?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
Shown below is a list of car insurance companies in Honolulu that are able to give price quote information for Scion xD insurance in Honolulu.
- Island Insurance Hawaii
1022 Bethel St – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 643-4000 – View Map
- Larry Welsch – State Farm Insurance Agent
1575 S Beretania St Ste 203 – Honolulu, HI 96826 – (808) 944-3450 – View Map
- Rosten Y Tsuha Insurance Agency Inc
1350 S King St #303 – Honolulu, HI 96814 – (808) 591-5545 – View Map
- U’ilani Hawelu – State Farm Insurance Agent
1960 Kapiolani Blvd Ste 208 – Honolulu, HI 96826 – (808) 955-9090 – View Map
Upon receiving answers to your satisfaction to any questions you may have as well as a affordable price, you may have just found an insurance company that will properly service your car insurance policy. Keep in mind you are able to cancel your policy whenever you wish so never feel you are locked into a policy with no way out.
Be persistent to save money
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed collision coverage and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
Drivers switch companies for a number of reasons such as delays in responding to claim requests, poor customer service, not issuing a premium refund or policy cancellation. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
We just presented a lot of ways to save on Scion xD insurance in Honolulu. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Steps to saving on Scion xD insurance in Honolulu
The preferred way to find low-cost prices for Scion xD insurance in Honolulu is to do a yearly price comparison from insurers in Hawaii.
Step 1: Read and learn about individual coverages and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like speeding and a less-than-favorable credit score can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One piece of advice is to compare similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to analyze every insurance company. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
For more information, link through to these articles:
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Honolulu Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Honolulu Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Explorer in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Honolulu Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)