It’s well known that auto insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Drivers who compare rates at least once a year are highly likely to buy a new policy because they have a good chance of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved approximately $865 annually compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the best rates on Subaru Crosstrek insurance is why you’re reading this, then having a good understanding how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance can help make the process easier and more efficient.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get budget car insurance rates in Honolulu is to do a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Hawaii. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
Step 1: Try to comprehend how companies price auto insurance and the things you can control to keep rates in check. Many things that are responsible for high rates like inattentive driving and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Step 2: Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a signed application and payment to your new agent or company. Immediately safely store the proof of insurance paperwork with your registration paperwork.
The most important part of shopping around is to use the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to analyze as many carriers as you can. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and the best price selection.
If you have coverage now, you stand a good chance to be able to buy cheaper car insurance using the tips covered below. Our goal is to help educate you on how car insurance companies work and some tricks to saving. But Hawaii vehicle owners need to learn the way insurance companies set your policy premium and apply this information to your search.
When looking for affordable Subaru Crosstrek insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to compare quotes from different companies. The quickest method to find the cheapest Subaru Crosstrek insurance rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
It’s important to know that comparing more quotes will enable you to find more affordable insurance.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide free quotes in Hawaii. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you click on several of them to get the cheapest price.
Car insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Subaru Crosstrek in Honolulu, insurance is required by state law in Hawaii and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Crosstrek with a loan, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Subaru for a lot more money and make you pay for it.
- Car insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays more than $850 per year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Score discounts on Honolulu auto insurance
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you can get discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at quote time, but a few must be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but a few companies such as State Farm, Progressive and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles could earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- E-sign – Some larger companies give back up to $50 for completing your application on the web.
- Passive Restraints – Options like air bags can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Honolulu drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates when compared with drivers with a long claim history.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just owning your own home can save a few bucks because it means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on your policy.
As is typical with insurance, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any qualifying discounts should definitely cut the cost of coverage.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, good student, multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for distant student, early shopping, business and professional, pay in full, and bundle discounts.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, driver training, and 55 and retired.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, student away at school, good driver, and multiple policy.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for good student, membership and employees, seat belt use, air bags, and driver training.
- SAFECO has discounts for multi-car, accident prevention training, teen safe driver, drive less, anti-theft, and homeowner.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for multi-car, hybrid vehicle, newly retired, safety features, and new move discount.
When getting free Honolulu auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all companies you are considering the best way to save money. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Honolulu. For a list of companies with the best Subaru Crosstrek insurance discounts in Hawaii, click here.
Insurance agent or online?
Many people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find cheaper auto insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Honolulu that can give you free Honolulu auto insurance quotes to get your business. You never need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. You can get cheaper car insurance rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you want to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, just visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best insurer is decision based upon more than just a low price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
The different types of car insurance agents
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a good insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents and how they work. Insurance agencies in Honolulu are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive are contracted to one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers frequently buy from exclusive agents mainly due to loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
The following are Honolulu exclusive insurance agencies that can give you price quotes.
- Scott Saito – State Farm Insurance Agent
1150 S King St #901d – Honolulu, HI 96814 – (808) 946-8464 – View Map
- Sue Ann Lu – State Farm Insurance Agent
210 Ward Ave #116 – Honolulu, HI 96814 – (808) 587-6116 – View Map
- Dean Nomura – State Farm Insurance Agent
1215 Hunakai St #203 – Honolulu, HI 96816 – (808) 737-5662 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent do not have single company limitations so they can write business through many companies depending on which coverage is best. If premiums increase, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparing car insurance prices, you will definitely want to compare quotes from a few independent agents for the best price selection. Most also have access to small regional insurance companies which may have better rates.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Honolulu willing to provide rate quotes.
- Royal State National Insurance Company
819 S Beretania St – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 539-1600 – View Map
- Cavanah Associates, Inc.
1100 Alakea St #2600 – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 537-1970 – View Map
- Atlas Insurance
1132 Bishop St #1600 – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 533-8728 – View Map
After getting positive feedback to any questions you have as well as affordable Subaru Crosstrek insurance rates in Honolulu quotes, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agency that is reputable and can provide car insurance coverage.
Cheaper insurance is out there
Consumers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as poor customer service, policy non-renewal, delays in responding to claim requests and even not issuing a premium refund. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company is less work than it seems.
The cheapest Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Honolulu can be found on the web and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional carriers only sell through independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to get a better price on Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Honolulu. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the lowest prices are with a small local company.
More tips and info about insurance can be read in the articles below:
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- How Much are Honolulu Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Pilot in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Company Car in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Homeowners in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Good Students in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)