Unbelievable but true, most drivers in Hawaii have been with the same company for over three years, and almost half have never compared rates with other companies. Most drivers in the United States could save nearly $850 every year by just comparing quotes, but most undervalue how much they could save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
The most effective way to get discount Suzuki Aerio insurance is to compare prices annually from providers who can sell car insurance in Honolulu.
Step 1: Gain an understanding of how insurance works and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like traffic tickets, fender benders, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Step 4: Notify your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit a signed application and payment to the newly selected company. Immediately upon receiving it, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to point out is to make sure you enter identical coverages on each price quote and and to look at as many companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Honolulu is much easier if you know where to start. Practically everyone who shops for insurance will more than likely find a lower price. Nevertheless, Hawaii drivers do need to know how companies set your policy premium and apply this information to your search.
Low Cost Suzuki insurance prices in Honolulu
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Honolulu, HI. If several companies are displayed, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Get cheaper rates by applying discounts
Companies don’t always advertise all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to you.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Putting insurance on a new Aerio is cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- E-sign Discounts – A few larger online companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application on your computer.
- Claim Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims are rewarded with significantly better rates on Honolulu car insurance quote in comparison to drivers who are more careless.
- One Accident Forgiven – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some companies like State Farm and Progressive allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims before the accident.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully take a driver’s education course in school.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Pay Early and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying insurance for multiple cars on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount will positively reduce your insurance premiums.
For a list of insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Honolulu, click this link.
You Can Change Your Insurance Costs
When buying car insurance it’s important to understand some of the things that help calculate your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with big savings.
Marriage discount – Your spouse may save some money compared to being single. Having a significant other means you’re more financially stable and insurance companies reward insureds because married couples file fewer claims.
Consider raising coverage deductibles – The deductibles you choose define the amount you are required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Coverage for physical damage, aka comp and collision, protects your car from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply are a windshield broken by a bird, fire damage, and damage from wind. The higher the amount you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Rates can drop if you have more than one policy – Lots of companies give better rates to customers who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s always a smart idea to get quotes from other companies to guarantee you are still saving the most.
Insurance is expensive for teen drivers – More experienced drivers are shown to be more cautious, file fewer claims, and are safer drivers. Young drivers are statistically proven to be careless and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle so car insurance rates are higher.
Save by driving less – Driving a lot of miles annually the more it will cost to insure it. A lot of companies calculate prices based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time receive lower rates than those used for commuting. Make sure your car insurance declarations sheet shows the correct driver usage, because it can save money. An incorrectly rated Aerio can cost quite a bit.
Never have car insurance lapses – Going without insurance is a fast way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will you pay more, the inability to provide proof of insurance can result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
Low stress occupation equals lower rates – Occupational choices like lawyers, police officers, and medical professionals have higher premium rates because of intense work-related stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, professions such as scientists, historians and performers pay the least.
Use but don’t abuse your insurance – Insurance companies in Hawaii give the best rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Your car insurance is intended for larger claims.
What insurance coverages do I need?
Always keep in mind that when comparing your policy, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. You are unique so your insurance needs to address that.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- What is no-fault insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Local Honolulu insurance agencies and insurance
Many drivers would rather visit with an insurance agent and that is just fine! The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this short form, the coverage information gets sent to companies in Honolulu who want to provide quotes to get your business. There is no reason to find an agent because prices are sent instantly to you. You can find the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you can always navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best provider shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
Two types of car insurance agents
If you want to buy insurance from a reputable agency, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Honolulu agents can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are contracted to one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. A lot of people purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Honolulu who can help you get rate quotes.
- Dean Nomura – State Farm Insurance Agent
1215 Hunakai St #203 – Honolulu, HI 96816 – (808) 737-5662 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Erick Ellgren
1806 S King St Ste 32 – Honolulu, HI 96826 – (808) 941-2886 – View Map
- Sean Huh – State Farm Insurance Agent
23 S Vineyard Blvd #205 – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 528-0001 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents often have affiliation with several companies so they can quote policies with an assortment of companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a lower price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you stay with the same agent. When shopping rates, you need to get some free quotes from independent agents to have the best price comparison. Most can insure with smaller mutual companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Honolulu willing to provide price quotes.
- Insurance Associates, Inc.
800 Bethel St # 200 – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 538-6938 – View Map
- Royal State National Insurance Company
819 S Beretania St – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 539-1600 – View Map
- Rosten Y Tsuha Insurance Agency Inc
1350 S King St #303 – Honolulu, HI 96814 – (808) 591-5545 – View Map
After talking to the agent and getting acceptable answers to any questions you have and an affordable coverage quote, you may have found an insurance agent that is professional and can provide insurance coverage. Just keep in mind you are entitled to cancel your policy at any point so never assume you are locked into your new company indefinitely.
Car insurance company ratings
Insuring your vehicle with the best car insurance company is difficult considering how many companies sell coverage in Hawaii. The company rank data displayed below may help you pick which companies to look at comparing rates with.
Top 10 Honolulu Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
What is YOUR best insurance company?
The cheapest Suzuki Aerio insurance in Honolulu is possible on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. Some car insurance companies may not provide price quotes online and these smaller providers provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
We just presented many ideas to find affordable Suzuki Aerio insurance in Honolulu. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Honolulu car insurance, the better your chances of lowering your auto insurance rates. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from an unexpected company. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
To read more, take a look at these articles:
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- How Much are Honolulu Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Honolulu Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota 4Runner in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)