Do you want a faster way to compare the cheapest Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Honolulu? Finding more affordable premium rates for Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Honolulu can be frustrating for people not familiar with quoting and comparing prices online. With such a big selection of agents and insurance companies available, it can quickly become a big hassle to find cheaper premium rates on Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance.
Steps to finding cheaper Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Honolulu
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find discount car insurance rates is to annually compare prices from providers in Honolulu.
- Step 1: Get an understanding of policy coverages and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and an imperfect credit history can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Keep reading for additional tips to get cheaper coverage and get bigger discounts.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to the new insurer. Don’t forget to store the certificate of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to remember is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to compare as many carriers as you can. This guarantees a level playing field and many rates to choose from.
We don’t have to tell you that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Consumers who shop around for the cheapest rate are likely to switch car insurance companies because there is a great chance of finding discount prices. A study showed that drivers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved over $3,500 over four years compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the cheapest price on car insurance in Honolulu is your intention, learning how to quote and compare coverage rates can make the process less intimidating.
Many insurance companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO provide insurance quotes direct online. The process is fairly straightforward as you just enter the coverage amounts you desire as requested by the quote form. After you complete the form, the quote system requests information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price quote based on the information you submitted.
The ability to get online rate quotes for Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Honolulu helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s very important to do this if you are searching for cheap rates.
To find out how much you can save on auto insurance, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you replicate the limits and deductibles exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this assures you will have comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in Hawaii. If the list has multiple companies, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the most affordable price.
Insuring your vehicle just makes sense
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Volkswagen in Honolulu, buying auto insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
First, the majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Hawaii these limits are 20/40/10 which means you must have $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $40,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your vehicle, it’s most likely the lender will force you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Volkswagen for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
Third, auto insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. An average driver in America is wasting up to $830 a year so it’s important to compare rates each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance discounts in Honolulu
Car insurance is not cheap, but there could be available discounts that you may not even know about. Certain credits will be shown at the time of purchase, but a few must be inquired about before they will apply. If you’re not getting every credit available, you are just wasting money.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you are able to get a small discount on rates.
- Smart Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student may save you up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save a little on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Honolulu auto insurance quote.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some insurance companies give discounts for switching companies before your current coverage expires. It could save around 10% when you buy Honolulu auto insurance online.
- Military Rewards – Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better prices.
- Memberships – Having an affiliation with a professional or civic organization can get you a small discount when shopping for car insurance.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds who allow companies to analyze driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot might see lower rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company they may give you a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
As is typical with insurance, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
If you would like to choose from a list of companies who offer discounts in Hawaii, click this link.
Local neighborhood agents and auto insurance
A small number of people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent. One of the great benefits of comparing auto insurance online is you may find cheap auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with local insurance agencies is still important in Honolulu.
After completing this simple form, the coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent instantly to you. Get lower rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
If you need to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents that you can select. Honolulu agents can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent do not write with just one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many companies and potentially find a lower price. If your agent finds better pricing, your policy is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing auto insurance prices, you will want to get rate quotes from at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many write coverage with smaller regional carriers which may provide better rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Honolulu that can give you competitive price quotes.
- Cornerstones Financial and Insurance Agency
250 Ward Ave #220 – Honolulu, HI 96814 – (808) 626-5068 – View Map
- Royal State National Insurance Company
819 S Beretania St – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 539-1600 – View Map
- Island Insurance Hawaii
1022 Bethel St – Honolulu, HI 96813 – (808) 643-4000 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents generally can only insure with one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on what they offer which aids in selling service over price. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents mainly due to high brand loyalty rather than low price.
Shown below are Honolulu exclusive agents that can give you comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Ricky N. Bonilla
2024 N King St #101b – Honolulu, HI 96819 – (808) 842-5844 – View Map
- Larry Bolibol – State Farm Insurance Agent
2153 N King St #108a – Honolulu, HI 96819 – (808) 847-0835 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Boyd Kauhane
1682 Kalakaua Ave #1 – Honolulu, HI 96826 – (808) 638-3673 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- How are claims handled?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Which family members are covered?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
Do I need special coverages?
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage online or from an agent, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might point out if you might need professional guidance.
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Affordable insurance premiums are possible
We just presented some good ideas how to reduce Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance prices online in Honolulu. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Honolulu auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from the smaller companies.
When shopping online for insurance, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later they didn’t have enough coverage. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
Cheaper insurance in Honolulu is attainable both online as well as from independent agents in Honolulu, so you need to quote Honolulu auto insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not provide online rate quotes and these regional carriers work with independent agencies.
Steps to finding cheaper quotes for Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Honolulu
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get cheaper Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies in Honolulu. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as accidents, traffic violations, and an unacceptable credit rating can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies. View rates
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available in Honolulu. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new insurance company. Once coverage is bound, place your new certificate of insurance in your glove compartment.
One thing to point out is that you’ll want to compare the same level of coverage on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as you can. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
To learn more, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Female in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70 in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Hyundai Elantra in Honolulu? (FAQ)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)